2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Clippers team has some good starters (and I know they were missing Billups tonight), but holy jesus are they thin. That's going to get exploited big time during this condensed schedule. Randy Foye, Brian Cook and Ryan Gomes are three of their first four off the bench? Ugh.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
That Clippers team has some good starters (and I know they were missing Billups tonight), but holy jesus are they thin. That's going to get exploited big time during this condensed schedule. Randy Foye, Brian Cook and Ryan Gomes are three of their first four off the bench? Ugh.

I don't know why not Reggie Evans. He's an amazing rebounder and great ball handler.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)

Well, if Billups was healthy, Williams comes off the bench.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
Well, the unathletic Bulls kicked the high flying Clippers ass tonight and made it look easy...BTW, where's J4L? :P

Rose is 5-0 vs Paul and he absolutely clowned him tonight.

Like I said, J4L is the ultimate grass is always greener.

I'll take that over unreasonable homerism always.

Didn't catch the last 3 1/2 quarters or so. Going by the boxscore, it looks like the Bulls were pretty impressive. 3-1 so far in games all on the road in less than a week is certainly nothing to be upset about. Oh, and Rose needs to follow LeBron's lead and just abandon the three. LeBron looks more unstoppable than he ever has now that he's not letting defenses off the hook with 3's and long jumpers (he's taken one 3 in 4 games so far). Rose could be similarly unstoppable if he does the same consistently.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)
Didn't catch the last 3 1/2 quarters or so. Going by the boxscore, it looks like the Bulls were pretty impressive. 3-1 so far in games all on the road in less than a week is certainly nothing to be upset about. Oh, and Rose needs to follow LeBron's lead and just abandoned the three. LeBron looks more unstoppable than he ever has now that he's not letting defenses off the hook with 3's and long jumpers (he's taken one 3 in 4 games so far). Rose could be similarly unstoppable if he does the same consistently.

In a shortened season, I'm not sure I want to see Derrick exhaust himself by driving on almost every isolation. I'd love to see that during the playoffs, but after seeing what happened to Derrick last season, I'd rather have him ease off the accelerator a bit this season.

Oh and Rip Hamilton needs to learn how to shoot again. He's missing almost all of his long-range shots. His TS% so far looks abysmal (I think it's like .450). I'm sure he'll break out of this slump, but he's not doing anything well right now except leaking out on fast breaks.

Also, Ronnie Brewer is 3/3 from 3 this year. It looks like he really worked on that during the off-season. Good for him, if Rip keeps sucking, he can have more of Rip's minutes.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:39 AM)
In a shortened season, I'm not sure I want to see Derrick exhaust himself by driving on almost every isolation. I'd love to see that during the playoffs, but after seeing what happened to Derrick last season, I'd rather have him ease off the accelerator a bit this season.

That's a fair point. But the Heat aren't going to start out 8-7 this time around. They're 4-0 and look worlds better than they did early last year. I'd love to see Derrick not have to do as much. But that's simply not realistic. I guess what I'm saying is the Bulls need that #1 seed again if they have any chance of beating Miami in a 7 gamer.

Rose tonight:

42 minutes

8-14 for 57% fg%

3-4 on 3 pointers

10-11 from the line

8 rebounds

16 assists

1 steal

29 points

PER 37.81

TS% 79.69%

Game Score 32.6 (absolutely insane)

Offensive Rating 149.48

DRose has had two absolutely insane games so far. He had a 88% TS against the Lakers and now he pulls off an 80% TS game. The fact he had 16 dimes along with almost 30 points is incredible.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
Steve Nash and Dirk aren't white. Nash is Canadian, while Dirk is German.

That's like saying that Luol Deng isn't black because he's from Africa.

Canadians and Germans are some of the whitest people around.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
Rose tonight:

42 minutes

8-14 for 57% fg%

3-4 on 3 pointers

10-11 from the line

8 rebounds

16 assists

1 steal

29 points

PER 37.81

TS% 79.69%

Game Score 32.6 (absolutely insane)

Offensive Rating 149.48

DRose has had two absolutely insane games so far. He had a 88% TS against the Lakers and now he pulls off an 80% TS game. The fact he had 16 dimes along with almost 30 points is incredible.

Jesus.. Very efficient game from him as well. 10+ FT is what I love to see from him on a nightly basis.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)
Didn't catch the last 3 1/2 quarters or so. Going by the boxscore, it looks like the Bulls were pretty impressive. 3-1 so far in games all on the road in less than a week is certainly nothing to be upset about. Oh, and Rose needs to follow LeBron's lead and just abandon the three. LeBron looks more unstoppable than he ever has now that he's not letting defenses off the hook with 3's and long jumpers (he's taken one 3 in 4 games so far). Rose could be similarly unstoppable if he does the same consistently.

I'm certainly ok with him not taking a lot of 3s but in no way should he abandon the shot.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:43 AM)
That's a fair point. But the Heat aren't going to start out 8-7 this time around. They're 4-0 and look worlds better than they did early last year. I'd love to see Derrick not have to do as much. But that's simply not realistic. I guess what I'm saying is the Bulls need that #1 seed again if they have any chance of beating Miami in a 7 gamer.

Do they though? Don't get me wrong they're the best team in the NBA but they've played against some teams playing some bad basketball, I actually haven't been that impressed with Miami so far.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 05:51 AM)
I'm certainly ok with him not taking a lot of 3s but in no way should he abandon the shot.

Do they though? Don't get me wrong they're the best team in the NBA but they've played against some teams playing some bad basketball, I actually haven't been that impressed with Miami so far.

Yeah, Charlotte sucks. If Wade has a bad night, the Heat aren't going to win by much, even against the bad teams. Wade's been somewhat off the past two games and they've barely won against Charlotte and Minnesota.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 01:44 AM)
I agree that Rose sometimes shoots too many 3s but he's improving and if he ever gets a consistent outside shot, he'll be virtually ungaurdable.I don't mind him trying to improve his long range jump shot.

He's actually looked quite nimble in getting the ball in the low post in the last couple nights.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 01:26 AM)
Well, the unathletic Bulls kicked the high flying Clippers ass tonight and made it look easy...BTW, where's J4L? :P

The Clippers have zero ability to play basketball in the half-court. They play "Give the ball to Paul or Blake and stare". It was bringing back painful memories watching it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 02:29 AM)
That's like saying that Luol Deng isn't black because he's from Africa.

Canadians and Germans are some of the whitest people around.

I am fairly sure that was 100% sarcasm from Felix