2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
Part of Lebron's post game problem comes from the Heat's lack of C who can really hit a jump shot. As soon as Lebron gets below the free throw line its almost an immediate double team from the big who isnt guarding Bosh.

Yeah, I mean, Jordan's dominant post game only developed because of the light's out jump shooting he received on the court from Cartwright, Wennington, and Longley.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ played in a different time where zones were not allowed and thus you could iso-post on a side of a floor much easier. Furthermore Jordan's back to the basket game was mainly his fade away jump shot, which are the same type of shots Lebron is getting on a consistent basis.

I dont think anyone here is saying that Lebron is not getting enough fade aways and furthermore Jordan was playing the 2 so he was guarded by a different type of player than Lebron who plays the 3.

Mexsoxfan,

Thats exactly what the defense wants, Ill take Anthony trying to dribble and finish every day as composed to Lebron getting an easy lay up.

Littlehurt,

As for Wade/LBJ, Wade (imo) has been the worst influence on Lebron. Its so telling that Rose dresses even when he doesnt play, as compared to Wade wearing his 50 year old man suits on the bench not even caring about whether he plays.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Littlehurt,

As for Wade/LBJ, Wade (imo) has been the worst influence on Lebron. Its so telling that Rose dresses even when he doesnt play, as compared to Wade wearing his 50 year old man suits on the bench not even caring about whether he plays.

I get your point regarding that. I think Wade does have some serious injuries, but he definitely could play more often than he does.

I was more referring to his late game hustle and take-over mentality. In the 4th quarter of a big game, Wade will drive to the hoop aiming at the big guys, no concern for his body & injury to get the victory. Like he did in the 06 Finals (with the refs' help)

I agree with that. Although I think Lebron was more that way in Cleveland. Once he got to Miami it became more difficult because, in my opinion, Lebron started to think to much instead of just playing. Hes worried about getting Wade the ball or Bosh, instead of just being the man and to hell with everyone else.

Who knows.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)
Once he got to Miami it became more difficult because, in my opinion, Lebron started to think to much instead of just playing. Hes worried about getting Wade the ball or Bosh, instead of just being the man and to hell with everyone else.

Which in and of itself is an issue with his mentality/demeanor.

I think Lebron just assumes he will get a championship now, because of the situation he is in. I don't think that he works out less or anything like that, but I don't know that he has that one man "I'm the chosen" drive that he had in Cleveland.

He may be right, or he may have become part of the nba buffalo bills. If he ever decides it is time and puts all of his energy towards it, he will probably get it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
I think Lebron just assumes he will get a championship now, because of the situation he is in. I don't think that he works out less or anything like that, but I don't know that he has that one man "I'm the chosen" drive that he had in Cleveland.

He may be right, or he may have become part of the nba buffalo bills. If he ever decides it is time and puts all of his energy towards it, he will probably get it.

This would be way past the Bills. There were no hired guns in Buffalo. Wade/LBJ/Bosh not winning a title would be legendary bad with all of the hype and ego that went into that team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
This would be way past the Bills. There were no hired guns in Buffalo. Wade/LBJ/Bosh not winning a title would be legendary bad with all of the hype and ego that went into that team.

Im pretty much referring to the fact that they would be multiple time also-rans, thats all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...lls-joakim-noah

Scoop Jackson taking Joakim to task

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if smoking too much weed during the lockout has had some effect on him so far. I'm just not seeing anything physically wrong with him that would explain his problems this season.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if smoking too much weed during the lockout has had some effect on him so far. I'm just not seeing anything physically wrong with him that would explain his problems this season.

He's pretty much just the same Noah we saw last year post-hand-injury, except now Asik is playing better and so Noah's moving to the bench more often.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
He's pretty much just the same Noah we saw last year post-hand-injury, except now Asik is playing better and so Noah's moving to the bench more often.

I agree offensively, which the hand injury clearly affected, but his defense/energy seems worse this season. He's now had more than a full offseason to recover from the injury and it seems like he's just a worse player overall IMO.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)

I'm hoping as the season drags along that Noah will work himself into the energy freak we all have come to know and love, but yeah, more Asik.

Happy Trails, Al Horford...

Al Horford (pectoral) is expected to be out 3-4 months, a source tells Yahoo's Marc Spears.

Horford tore his left pectoral muscle in Wednesday night's loss to the Pacers. Considering the timetable, he'll likely need surgery and be done for the year.