2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 12:00 PM)
no, he had it right the first time.

Anybody who thinks the NBA sucks clearly doesn't watch and/or follow it. There are so many young dynamic and gifted players. Every team has a superstar or a player that you can watch.

Just because Carmelo has a few games where he goes into laucnh mode, doesn't diminish the game. The Knicks are awful to watch but you have other teams that move the ball around and play together and it is great.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 12:04 PM)
Anybody who thinks the NBA sucks clearly doesn't watch and/or follow it. There are so many young dynamic and gifted players. Every team has a superstar or a player that you can watch.

Just because Carmelo has a few games where he goes into laucnh mode, doesn't diminish the game. The Knicks are awful to watch but you have other teams that move the ball around and play together and it is great.

I have watched a ton of NBA basketball for decades now. The team game is gone for the most part in the NBA. The Bulls are one of the few watchable teams out there. When offense consists of placing four guys outside of the three point stripe and then having one guy go one on one, it isn't basketball. Its playground ball. I'd much rather watch HS or college ball where all 10 people are involved in the game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
I have watched a ton of NBA basketball for decades now. The team game is gone for the most part in the NBA. The Bulls are one of the few watchable teams out there. When offense consists of placing four guys outside of the three point stripe and then having one guy go one on one, it isn't basketball. Its playground ball. I'd much rather watch HS or college ball where all 10 people are involved in the game.

The iso game also makes every team that becomes obsessed with it worse. Vinny Del Negro ball is a prime example.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
The iso game also makes every team that becomes obsessed with it worse. Vinny Del Negro ball is a prime example.

I would blame Vinny for a team becoming worse more than the Iso game.....

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)

And college basketball has plenty of games that end 60-55 because of some combination of a slower pace, tightly packed zone defenses, sloppy play and mediocre shooting when teams can't get inside. Both styles have their pluses and minuses.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
And college basketball has plenty of games that end 60-55 because of some combination of a slower pace, tightly packed zone defenses, sloppy play and mediocre shooting when teams can't get inside. Both styles have their pluses and minuses.

I'd rather watch that any day versus OMG DUNKZ!@

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)

Precisely. I like high school, college, and pro ball for various different reasons.

You have to give the bulls credit, we seem to know what good PGs look like. 10 assists for mike james, 25 pts (i know, i know) for JL, always solid games for watson, it's impressive considering we used to have khalid el amin at the point.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
You have to give the bulls credit, we seem to know what good PGs look like. 10 assists for mike james, 25 pts (i know, i know) for JL, always solid games for watson, it's impressive considering we used to have khalid el amin at the point.

Poor Khalid might lose his title of fattest pg ever if Raymond Felton keeps on eating...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
Honestly, I'd rather have all the banged up guys sit today against the Nets too.

Yup. I'm pissed that the Bulls apparently are considering having Rose play tonight. Sit him tonight, against the Pacers, and against the Bucks. Then he'd have had a lot of time to get his toe right.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)
I guess the Deng injury might be season ending.

Edit: Or at least a lot more severe then has been let on so far. Some scary tweets by some of the reporters.

can you be more specific about where you are hearing/what tweets you are reading that imply it may be season ending?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
And at worst they will be the #3 seed. No one in their division is going to catch them.

I think the NBA has a rule where the worst division winner is only guaranteed the #4 seed. If there is a team in 2nd place with a better record, they get the #3 (or #2)