2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)
Joel Przybilla's agent, Bill Duffy, confirmed that the center is weighing offers to sign with either the Bulls or Heat, possibly as early as this week.

Need ourselves that insurance big. Not that this deal would really matter, it'd just get THE THIRD off the roster and take the role that Kurt Thomas would have seen this year.

With the injuries to Rose and Watson, I can't see Lucas going anywhere for a while.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)
Joel Przybilla's agent, Bill Duffy, confirmed that the center is weighing offers to sign with either the Bulls or Heat, possibly as early as this week.

Need ourselves that insurance big. Not that this deal would really matter, it'd just get THE THIRD off the roster and take the role that Kurt Thomas would have seen this year.

Please give us Pryzbilla.

And Lucas is here for the long haul.

espn has 3 howard to bulls potential trades written by someone with basketball prospectus....i wont post the whole article cuz its insider, but the 3 trades are as follows

1.) Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Ryan Anderson for Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Luol Deng and Jimmy Butler, plus picks and cash

2.) Howard and Turkoglu for Noah, Boozer and Butler, plus picks and cash

3.) Howard for Noah, Taj Gibson, C.J. Watson picks and cash

If somehow the 2nd and 3rd trades are even the slightest bit possible, you have to do everything in your power to make them work (I personally can't fathom how #2 is even a possibility)

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
This is perfect for a message board debate seeing as it will never happen, but #2 to me is clearly the best option. Deng somehow stays(seemingly impossible to me), Boozer comes off the books and is replaced by a superior player in Taj, and oh year, you have Dwight Howard at center.

Rose-Watson

Rip-Brewer

Deng-Turkoglu-Korver

Taj-FA??

Howard-Asik

Taj >>> Boozer at D

Boozer >>> Taj at O

What is more needed next to Howard?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
This is perfect for a message board debate seeing as it will never happen, but #2 to me is clearly the best option. Deng somehow stays(seemingly impossible to me), Boozer comes off the books and is replaced by a superior player in Taj, and oh year, you have Dwight Howard at center.

Rose-Watson

Rip-Brewer

Deng-Turkoglu-Korver

Taj-FA??

Howard-Asik

You can always amnesty Boozer, or trade him for another bad contract at a more optimal position. Deal 2 would be my second choice though.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)
Taj >>> Boozer at D

Boozer >>> Taj at O

What is more needed next to Howard?

boozer is scoring 15.1 ppg this year in 30.8 min while putting up 13 shots per game

gibson is scoring 6.9 ppg this year in 19.3 min while putting up 5.6 shots per game

Give gibson the minutes per game and the shots that boozer gets, and I'm not sure the bolded is true. Is boozer the better offensive player? yes likely, but i dont think its as enormous as the difference in the two players defensively, and the enormous difference in the $$$

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
That would leave us with Lucas as the only back up guard. If Rose goes down, we'd be screwed.

I'd imagine that spot could be filled rapidly via someone who is released/bought out elsewhere, or through some other trade if we were really desperate.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
That would leave us with Lucas as the only back up guard. If Rose goes down, we'd be screwed.

if rose goes down, we are screwed anyways, and frankly Id like my chances with howard + lucas than I do with Noah +Watson. a back up PG can be gotten easily in the offseason as well.....the howard trade is as much about 2-3 years from now as it is this year

edit: this whole thing is a pipe dream anyways, as i still think theres roughly a 5% chance howard ends up with the bulls

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
boozer is scoring 15.1 ppg this year in 30.8 min while putting up 13 shots per game

gibson is scoring 6.9 ppg this year in 19.3 min while putting up 5.6 shots per game

Give gibson the minutes per game and the shots that boozer gets, and I'm not sure the bolded is true. Is boozer the better offensive player? yes likely, but i dont think its as enormous as the difference in the two players defensively, and the enormous difference in the $$$

Really though, what they're doing right now doesn't matter, the only thing that would matter is what they would do in a hypothetical role of playing the 2nd big man alongside Howard (a role that Howard has traditionally had filled by 3 point shooters).

About the only argument for Boozer is that he's probably a better shooter away from the rim than Taj is, but either way, neither of these guys would be getting a lot of shots with both Rose and Howard on the team, and neither of them would be occupying space anywhere near the rim.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
if rose goes down, we are screwed anyways, and frankly Id like my chances with howard + lucas than I do with Noah +Watson. a back up PG can be gotten easily in the offseason as well.....the howard trade is as much about 2-3 years from now as it is this year

edit: this whole thing is a pipe dream anyways, as i still think theres roughly a 5% chance howard ends up with the bulls

If that high.

Luol Deng (wrist) is expected to play Thursday against the New York Knicks.

Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night! Please look like you can handle the pain tomorrow night!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
I'm really struggling to see all this worrying about Dwight. It likely will not happen.

I am really not worried about it. If it happens, awesome, I would be ecstatic. If it doesnt, hey, I am used to the Bulls FO being conservative and believing(too much) that what they have is good enough to win a Championship.

What I dont understand is why a lot of people(yes YOU Quinarvy ;) ) are acting like some of these trade ideas are possibly too damaging to this teams chemistry/depth etc. While many NBA reporters/columnists/journalists also believe this has no chance of happening, there has been a universal agreement that pairing Rose and Howard is scary for the rest of the NBA for a long stretch of time. It is such a no brainer to make these trades, any of them.

I am just commenting on the ideas. Im not sitting here thinking it is going to happen.

I agree with Kyle, I don't see how anyone is afraid of breaking up this core for the best center in the game. The Bulls are really good and really fun right now, but with Howard they are really championshippy which is also really fun.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
I am really not worried about it. If it happens, awesome, I would be ecstatic. If it doesnt, hey, I am used to the Bulls FO being conservative and believing(too much) that what they have is good enough to win a Championship.

I have a hard time believing that the Bulls FO would be conservative on any of these deal concepts if it meant they could get Howard without giving up Rose. What they would be conservative on is making that deal without knowing that they can extend Howard.

And, there's plenty of reasons to think that these written deals don't work for the magic; all of them have the Magic taking on a ton of extra salary.