2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
I'll buy a Lin jersey if he keeps doing what he's doing for the rest of the season. I just think that if people want a heart warming basketball underdog story, they should go watch air bud.

Ever hear of a little film called "Hoosiers"?

"Air Bud"? Are you serious, bro?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
I just want to see Lin face a real challenge when he isn't confident in himself.

Right now he's balling by oozing confidence and facing crappy teams.

The people he beat for most points in starts all started as rookies and faced better competition most likely (there are 3-4 teams that could qualify for "worst ever" in the Bobcats, Wizards, Nets, and Raptors). He's had a year to work with NBA staff and study players and the league has both great (Bulls, Heat, 76ers) and terrible basketball right now due to the lockout.

What Lin is doing is a amazing, but he's not better than Shaq/AI/MJ as that stupid graphic likes to imply. Once he plays the Heat, Bulls, or 76ers he'll come back to Earth.

Also, that stat is misleading because it's "since the ABA/NBA merger."

Wilts first 5:

43 points

36 points

41 points

30 points

32 points

Shaq had better first 5 games, just not points:

12pts, 18 reb, 3 blocks

22 points, 15 reb, 4 blocks

35 points, 13 reb, 3 blocks

31 points, 21 reb, 4 blocks

29 points, 15 reb, 3 blocks

Then the next 2 games...

29 pts, 19 reb, 3 blocks

29 pts, 16 reb, 3 blocks

Anybody who thinks Lin is in the category of a Wilt or Shaq is Linsane (lol), but what he has done is amazing, I know he has faced crappy teams, though he did drop 38 on LA and I wouldn't call them crap.Let's not pretend the crappy teams have a bunch of worthless scrubs, most players who play in the NBA were All-Americans and NCAA division I players, first or second round draftees, etc.

I highly doubt you can get any D Leaguer, insert him against the Wizards and see him go off, the NBA is a top level talent league, the Wizards could beat any top NCAA team.

Do I think Lin will be a top tier PG?No, can Lin be a solid PG that gives you 12-14/7 per night in the right system?So far that looks like that is possible, he's had TO issues but that's understandable, he's practically a rookie, handles the ball a lot and still hasn't gelled with his team mates.He needs to practice on his left hand but he has shown nice court vision and a high basketball IQ, and he's fearless...

He'll have a career in the NBA, that much is clear.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
Maybe 2k5 and the others were right. The NBA is garbage. How is this non-athletic, no-skilled, 1970's ball-handling style f*** face doing this? This is like the "great" Bob Cousy in his heyday coming into today's game and dominating. Shame on the nba for allowing this nonsense.

Or maybe you are wrong yet again and Cousy could play in the NBA today?

Maybe 2k5 and the others were right. The NBA is garbage. How is this non-athletic, no-skilled, 1970's ball-handling style f*** face doing this? This is like the "great" Bob Cousy in his heyday coming into today's game and dominating. Shame on the nba for allowing this nonsense.

LOL... Just another PG that gets to take advantage of how the NBA is played today. I got a little crazy about this topic earlier in the thread, but I love seeing Lin prove my point. It's a pretty fun story to follow though.

Jerry West disagrees with...I'll take his player evaluation over yours, no offense.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
Michael Jordan drafted Kwame Brown and college basketball standout Adam Morrison. I don't care what past greats have to say.

Jordan as a player, best ever, as a talent evaluator, terrible...Jerry West on the other hand, was the architect of some of the NBA's greatest teams.He knows talent.

West thinks Lin can ball, I'll take his word over yours all day, every day and on Sunday.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1