2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
the thunder are so good

I think they might be even more complete than Miami. The Thunder just have everything. The dynamic 1-2 punch (though Westbrook's turnovers are troublesome) that most all championship teams of the past have featured. They've got + roleplayers all over the court, namely Thabo Selfolosha, who's one of the premier perimeter defenders in the game, and a shot-swatting, game-distorting beast in Serge Ibaka. Then they've got the ultimate trump card in James Harden. You have to prepare for him as you would prepare for Kevin Durant. Or else he will drop 30 on you quicker than you can say fill my shot glass.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
Jordan Crawford goes off - the night I release him from my team.

#nobodycaresaboutmyfantasyteamiknow

Was going to nab Zach Randolph from the waiver wire tonight until you took him. :o

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
I think they might be even more complete than Miami. The Thunder just have everything. The dynamic 1-2 punch (though Westbrook's turnovers are troublesome) that most all championship teams of the past have featured. They've got + roleplayers all over the court, namely Thabo Selfolosha, who's one of the premier perimeter defenders in the game, and a shot-swatting, game-distorting beast in Serge Ibaka. Then they've got the ultimate trump card in James Harden. You have to prepare for him as you would prepare for Kevin Durant. Or else he will drop 30 on you quicker than you can say fill my shot glass.

The only question I have on them is that players such as Westbrook can get sucked into playing too much 1:1 and forcing themselves to the basket.

Scotty Brooks needs to ensure they get good enough ball movement on offense come playoff time, and players such as Ibaka and Perkins can't be black holes offensively either.

Any team that has Joel Anthony starting, shouldn't really be called a complete team. He gets covered up with the Big 2.5 playing at the same time. Chalmers is an underrated PG but what other teams could he start for or fit in with? He can hit the 3 but doesn't create his own shot and isn't that big of an assist man.

If healthy, the Bulls are a more "complete team", but may not matter since I'm not sure they could beat Miami 4 out of 7.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 06:13 AM)
Any team that has Joel Anthony starting, shouldn't really be called a complete team. He gets covered up with the Big 2.5 playing at the same time. Chalmers is an underrated PG but what other teams could he start for or fit in with? He can hit the 3 but doesn't create his own shot and isn't that big of an assist man.

If healthy, the Bulls are a more "complete team", but may not matter since I'm not sure they could beat Miami 4 out of 7.

The Heat are the best team in the east. It's not really up for debate. But yes, Anthony sucks and I'd rather have Chalmers shoot 3's all day than have LeBron/Wade getting into the paint at will. The Bulls still lack a second consistent scoring/play-maker to compliment Rose and their highest paid player goes MIA far too often against good competition. The Thunder don't really lack anything. They give up more points than Miami and Chicago, but that has more to do with their uptempo style (the western conference in general plays faster) than them lacking the personnel to be a lock-down defensive unit.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
This is the Noah that was missing in last year's ECF, if Noah plays like this, no one on Miami frontcourt can f*** with him.

Please stay healthy :pray

I couldn't believe that Skiles ran that trap play at Rose for more than one or two plays (really at all). Noah is a beast in the open court, and you set him up with a four on three break after the two defenders went to Rose. Skiles is usually a smart tactician than that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
The Heat are the best team in the east. It's not really up for debate. But yes, Anthony sucks and I'd rather have Chalmers shoot 3's all day than have LeBron/Wade getting into the paint at will. The Bulls still lack a second consistent scoring/play-maker to compliment Rose and their highest paid player goes MIA far too often against good competition. The Thunder don't really lack anything. They give up more points than Miami and Chicago, but that has more to do with their uptempo style (the western conference in general plays faster) than them lacking the personnel to be a lock-down defensive unit.

Come on. In a playoff game atmosphere, AT Miami, missing their best defender, the Bulls essentially were even with the Heat until the final minute. The Bulls are every bit as good as the Heat. It's not as clear cut as you, and others, want it to be.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 08:49 AM)
Come on. In a playoff game atmosphere, AT Miami, missing their best defender, the Bulls essentially were even with the Heat until the final minute. The Bulls are every bit as good as the Heat. It's not as clear cut as you, and others, want it to be.

Moral wins in January mean nothing in the grand scheme. The Heat are just better. They're much more efficient offensively and every bit as good defensively.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 08:55 AM)
Moral wins in January mean nothing in the grand scheme. The Heat are just better. They're much more efficient offensively and every bit as good defensively.

Your posts in absolute are why we continue to bring up the Knicks.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)

Bring up the Knicks all you want. I'm a big boy. I can take the heat (no pun intended). What does this have to do with Chicago/Miami? The records are basically identical. But the numbers say the Heat have been more impressive against a tougher schedule. We don't have to get into the talent/athleticism gap.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)
Bring up the Knicks all you want. I'm a big boy. I can take the heat (no pun intended). What does this have to do with Chicago/Miami? The records are basically identical. But the numbers say the Heat have been more impressive against a tougher schedule. We don't have to get into the talent/athleticism gap.

Bringing up the Knicks speaks more towards your record being less than perfect.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)

lol

You guys are never gonna let J4L live that down.

I also think the Bulls if healthy can hang with Miami but if I were a betting man, my money is on Miami to come out of the East, the Big 3 are just too much to handle.

Chicago would need Rose to play much better than last year's ECF, that could happen IF he's healthy, Boozer needs to match what Bosh produces to nullify him, we would need to have Wade have another subpar performance (Bulls D has given him fits recently), Rip and Noah have to produce and KK needs to hit his threes to loosen up their D.Those are too many ifs.

We know LBJ is gonna beast, Deng isn't stopping him...the Bulls have a legit shot but they need to up their game if they want to beat Miami.

Right now I would say Miami in 6 or 7 but wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls do pull it off.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 09:49 AM)

Here's my biggest problem right now.

5 games in a row, between the Bulls and heat, it's come down to the final minute or two, and 5 games in a row the Heat have taken care of business...and it's mostly been the same way, cranking up the defense and saying "You're done scoring" while they put together a couple buckets, sometimes on miracle shots, themselves.

5 games in a row is starting to convince me that this formula will simply work on the Bulls too often. Keep the game close, beat up Rose some, and when it gets to the last 5 minutes, put Lebron on Rose and say that's it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)

We could insert overall health and the fact that the NBA's best home team (Bulls) over the last two years has played 2/3 of their schedule on the road.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)

5 games in a row, between the Bulls and heat, it's come down to the final minute or two, and 5 games in a row the Heat have taken care of business...and it's mostly been the same way, cranking up the defense and saying "You're done scoring" while they put together a couple buckets, sometimes on miracle shots, themselves.

5 games in a row is starting to convince me that this formula will simply work on the Bulls too often. Keep the game close, beat up Rose some, and when it gets to the last 5 minutes, put Lebron on Rose and say that's it.

Well if Rose wouldn't have missed both his FT in the waning moments of that last game, we wouldn't be talking about a 5 game losing streak...it was there for the taking.

At Miami without Deng and Watson too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)

Yeah, it's 5 games in a row where LBJ shuts down Rose and no one else steps up. I drunkenly waved the white flag after that first matchup this season, because it was a nightmare re-lived.

We didn't have Deng though, and lost on the road, so who the f*** knows, I guess. The fan in me believes the Bulls can pull it off, but the realist doesn't really expect the Bulls to ever get to full health, while LeBron is a f***ing tank who cannot be injured.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
Yeah, it's 5 games in a row where LBJ shuts down Rose and no one else steps up. I drunkenly waved the white flag after that first matchup this season, because it was a nightmare re-lived.

We didn't have Deng though, and lost on the road, so who the f*** knows, I guess. The fan in me believes the Bulls can pull it off, but the realist doesn't really expect the Bulls to ever get to full health, while LeBron is a f***ing tank who cannot be injured.

See but the difference this year was that Rose still scored in the 4th quarter. He actually brought them back into the game and could have easily won it with the FT's. And shoot, they STILL could have won it if not for the botched call at the end which gave the Heat an extra possession.

And J4L, it wasn't some meaningless January game. It was playoff atmosphere. It was two teams that were hungry for a win for bragging rights to the rest of the league. I'd agree with you that it means nothing if it were any other team, but Miami is different.

I think at worst they're evenly matched or Miami has a slight advantage. Either way, clearly it's dumb to say that there's "no debate."

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
See but the difference this year was that Rose still scored in the 4th quarter. He actually brought them back into the game and could have easily won it with the FT's.

But the time Rose was scoring was before they put LBJ on him.