2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 04:10 AM)
Another trade rumor to speculate on here;

I think the only possible solution would be a 3 team deal. Something like the Warriors getting Kaman, Orlando getting Ellis, the Hornets getting Redick and Nelson does work cap wise, but picks would need to be added, and I don't think the Hornets would take Nelson, therefore you may have to add another team to get a deal done.

Or more likely a deal netting the Magic Monta Ellis doesn't happen. As much as I'm sure the Warriors are willing to part with a guard of his calibre for a center the Hornets were willing to give away a month ago and some non-lottery draft picks from the Magic...

Sorry, DBAHO, I know you are hoping to keep your Dwight. The Magic just have zero outside of Dwight with which to work.

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 09:09 AM)
I think it's time for us all to discuss what Korver's been doing and where he's been getting all this sun. He's looking like David Kaplan circa 2010 out there.

He looks like Michael J Fox in the scene in Teen Wolf in the bathroom where he first fully changes. Like midway through the Teen WOlf change=Korver.

Nobody talking about Jeremy Lin's line last night? Ok.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 08:23 AM)
Who? I must see this post and ridicule said person.

This

I've never seen anyone here say Noah=Howard, much less better than him.

Only argument I've heard is them being reluctant to break up the team for a doofus that has no interest playing for Chicago.

Getting back to the original point, is Noah a top center?

You bet your ass he is.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
Cleveland Cavaliers.

I understand that game was exciting for Knicks fans with the dunks and comeback and such, but that team was acting like they won the Finals.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
Cleveland Cavaliers.

Don't hate on the Cavs. They were solid for awhile than Varajeo went down, who was having an All Star type season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
Steve your deng picture is freaking me out, it looks like an Interpol Most Wanted Poster.

WANTED FOR CRIMES AGAINST OPPOSING TEAMS AND HUMANITY: LIEUTENANT DENG

LIEUTENANT DENGEROUS!

Bill Simmons and President Barack Obama talk Bulls.

BS: Are you taking credit for “Linsanity”? It kind of feels like you are a little bit.

Obama: I can’t take credit for it, but I’m just saying I was there early.

BS: I’m surprised you didn’t steer him toward the Bulls. [Laughter.] He was floating around and getting waived by teams.

Obama: Well, we’ve got this pretty good point guard on the Bulls as well. So he might not have gotten as much PT as he did.

But look, it’s a great story. And what’s interesting is the fact that somehow folks were missing it in practice. I mean, that’s what’s interesting. Because you got to assume that during scrimmages he was running that pick-and-roll pretty well. And it is a terrific story. He seems like a wonderful young man. And, look, it elevates this great sport all around the world. It can't hurt ratings for basketball in China.

BS: But at the same time you’re a little worried as a Bulls fan, because he’s in the Eastern Conference —

Obama: I’m not worried.

BS: — suddenly there’s a potential threat.

Obama: No, if you look at what has been happening with the Bulls, even with Rose out, even with Deng out, [they] still got one of the best records in the league.

BS: So you like your team.

Obama: That is a well-coached team. And I know you’re a big Celtics fan.

BS: Yes.

Obama: Thank you for Thibodeau, who —

BS: That hurts.

Obama: He’s an outstanding coach.

BS: He is.

Obama: Now, Doc Rivers is a great coach as well, but for us to have been able to get that guy, he has just done a great job with what we’ve got.

BS: Why should you feel different about the Bulls this year than last spring, when it was basically Derrick Rose going one on five in the playoffs? What makes you feel better about this year’s team?

Obama: Deng seems more confident. Boozer is in better shape. Derrick Rose has matured. I’m a little worried about making sure that they give him enough rest with the back spasms that he had. But the Bulls, I think, are right in there. I think they’ve got a great chance. The Heat are playing better than anybody right now. And when those folks get going on a fast break, it’s over.

But during the playoffs things slow down a little bit, and you got to run a half-court offense, and in that situation, I think the Bulls got a shot.

BS: Over the last five years, how many times have you envisioned welcoming the world champion Chicago Bulls to the White House?

Obama: Every year. And it hasn’t happened yet, but it will happen.

BS: It will happen? You’re like Joe Namath — you’re guaranteeing it.

Obama: Well, I’ve got another five years here and — [laughter] —

BS: You’re guaranteeing that, too. [Laughter.]

Obama: — somewhere along the line my Bulls are going to come through here. Absolutely.

BS: You’ll probably cry. You’ll well up a little bit.

Obama: I probably won’t do the whole Jordan-hugging-the-ball thing.

BS: Right. Him lying on the ground. [Laughter.]

Obama: That would be a little extreme. I’ll be pretty happy, though.

I listened to that podcast, it's worth it. Obama sounds like me when I try to talk about the Blackhawks. It's clearly evident to anyone that watches hockey that I have no idea what i'm talking about, but the average person? Yeah I sound legit.

Obama, for example, completely left out any mention of Hamilton, who just happens to be the biggest key to the Bulls season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
I think that statement is slightly subjective. (With reference to Hamilton being the biggest key)

Not when the question asked is "Why should you feel different about the Bulls this year than last spring"

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Still subjective.

I personally think that its more important whether or not Rose learned and improved from last years series. Hamilton is a good addition, but the Bulls are going to live and die with Rose. Last year was Rose's first time to the EC Finals, he needs to take that experience and improve.

If Rose is handled by the Heat, Hamilton wont be able to save them.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
Not when the question asked is "Why should you feel different about the Bulls this year than last spring"

I think Joakim Noah being 100% is much more important than f***ing Rip Hamilton.