2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
Its NCAA time, NBA can wait until April.

I don't approve this messege.

I think DRose being out is a blessing in disguise, this team knows it can compete with any team without it's MVP and their starting SG...how many teams can do that? If Miami loses 2 of their big 3, they ain't winning 9 of 13 games. This TEAM is a joy to watch.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
Also, you all suck and are front runners for bailing on the Bulls just because Derrick Rose is injured. I hate you.

Lol, i'm watching. Booze just dove for a loose ball. Might be the first time I've seen him do that

For those griping about Boozer, I want to point out that against a good team in the Heat, without Rose, he's the only guy whose done much on offense (outside of Lucas). He's got 24 points in 29 minutes on 12-18 shooting with 11 boards.

Wow...crushing Orlando without Rose. Lucas with 20 points in 19 minutes. Dude can be hot/cold but he can score. Reminds me a bit of Jannero Pargo. Zero defensive abilities and he can be very hot & cold but when he's on, he can be a nice guy to have on the back of your bench to create a spark-plug.

K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Rip said he is just now able to lift his right arm above his head. No timetable for return. #Bulls

I bet the next time he plays is Game 1 of the playoffs.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
The Bulls just beat the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teams in the Eastern Confernce without Derrick Rose and Rip Hamilton.

Also, congrats to Thibs on becoming the fastest coach to 100 wins in NBA history.

Unfortunately, the haters who said D-Rose didn't deserve the MVP last year will point to this stretch as if he's somehow not that important to the Bulls' success.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
Wow...crushing Orlando without Rose. Lucas with 20 points in 19 minutes. Dude can be hot/cold but he can score. Reminds me a bit of Jannero Pargo. Zero defensive abilities and he can be very hot & cold but when he's on, he can be a nice guy to have on the back of your bench to create a spark-plug.

Lucas actually has the ability to create his own shot though (sometimes). If I remember correctly, didn't Pargo shoot nothing but 3s?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
Unfortunately, the haters who said D-Rose didn't deserve the MVP last year will point to this stretch as if he's somehow not that important to the Bulls' success.

Screw the haters. He won the MVP, he was the MVP don't listen to their garbage.

Well today just showed how streaky we've been all season really, and when our outside shooters aren't knocking down their jumpers, we can come up with that sort of offensive output.

Desperately need a swingman who can create his own shot.

Magic fans think it's about time Hedo got benched for a while also.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 02:52 AM)
Well today just showed how streaky we've been all season really, and when our outside shooters aren't knocking down their jumpers, we can come up with that sort of offensive output.

Desperately need a swingman who can create his own shot.

Magic fans think it's about time Hedo got benched for a while also.

Ellis would have been a great fit for Orlando. The trade for Ellis was basically Bogut and Jefferson for Ellis and Udoh. I think Ryan Anderson + some other pieces could have been a better return, seeing how Bogut is never healthy.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 07:49 PM)
Ellis would have been a great fit for Orlando. The trade for Ellis was basically Bogut and Jefferson for Ellis and Udoh. I think Ryan Anderson + some other pieces could have been a better return, seeing how Bogut is never healthy.

If you put Ryan Anderson next to David Lee, that would be the worst interior defensive combo in the NBA today.

So I can see why the Warriors did what they did, they could have gotten more talent for Ellis but Bogut is pretty much a perfect fit for their slow-ball system IF he can stay healthy.

I think Anderson will get 10M from the Nets in the off-season and the Magic will try to sign someone like KG (IIRC he's a FA after this season) for a 1 year MLE deal to replace him.

Last night was pretty crazy to watch. Orlando started off ok, but when Dwight went to the bench with two fouls in the first the game was pretty much over. They just went straight to jacking threes as soon as they got close to the stripe, and the Bulls grabbed the rebounds and ran them out of the gym.

I know Dwight didnt have a huge game and he needs to step up at times like that, but good god how can the rest of that roster continue to forget that the best post player in the league is waiting down low for a pass?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
the best post player in the league

Um, Dwight is nowhere near the best post player in the league. That's actually one of his biggest problems is he hasn't developed a dominant post game.