2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
I think thoughts of crazy but seemingly plausible things like that went out the window this season with the compressed schedule.

What do you think they could do if Nash went there next year for their whole MLE?

Nash isnt going to make Wade and Lebron less flaky. The Heat could go 72-10 if they actually started playing 100 percent of the time and stopped the drama. But they are too busy with their pregame punching contests and trying to alley oop every pass.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 11:28 AM)
Nash isnt going to make Wade and Lebron less flaky. The Heat could go 72-10 if they actually started playing 100 percent of the time and stopped the drama. But they are too busy with their pregame punching contests and trying to alley oop every pass.

Yeah, that punching thing is pretty stupid, like junior high stupid.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 11:28 AM)

Honestly I think Lebron and Wade kind of hurt each other, when Wade is missing time Lebron looks like a completely different player.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
Honestly I think Lebron and Wade kind of hurt each other, when Wade is missing time Lebron looks like a completely different player.

I agree. I really miss the Lebron from cleveland that would just lower his head like a damn bull and force his way into the paint since he's such a physical specimen and draw contact. He's uber passive these days, its extremely frustrating.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
I agree. I really miss the Lebron from cleveland that would just lower his head like a damn bull and force his way into the paint since he's such a physical specimen and draw contact. He's uber passive these days, its extremely frustrating.

That's still his go to move in close games late:

A) Chuck up a wild 3 and occasionally get lucky.

B) Head down sprint down the lane, throw ball at vicinity of hoop, yell for foul.

Bynum hauled in 30 rebounds and gave the Spurs a loss last night. Every other team in the NBA has 16 losses or more now, so the Bulls now have 2 on the loss column on everyone. Beating the Heat puts them darn close to sewing up homecourt thorughout.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
I am very curious to see what the Heat play like tonite. Last season they went into the playoffs with a head of steam, this season they are just kind of playing around.

I just saw where they are only 16-12 on the road this year. That makes the #1 seed all of the more important as they are 24-4 at home.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
I cannot wait for this game tonight. Then the Hawks. I guess I need some beer.

Get some Big Hurt Beer and tweet him a pic of you drinking it. He will RT you and you will be famous. More famous than you already are

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
I just saw where they are only 16-12 on the road this year. That makes the #1 seed all of the more important as they are 24-4 at home.

I find that interesting, as their crowd doesn't provide much of a home court advantage as opposed to many other teams.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 06:48 AM)
What are everyone's thoughts on Boston right now?

I think they're a flash in the pan, but I would love for them to be the 3 seed to face the Heat if it came to that. They match up really well for some reason.

The main problem with Miami IMO is that Bosh is not playing anywhere near the level he was playing last year. His last double-double was at the end of February. It's ether Wade/Lebron go off and Chalmers/Battier have a good game hitting the three, or they lose. The bench is still terrible, they lack any real post presence, they don't have much depth. Honestly I think they're worse than last year and it's showing.

Magic made a good point last weekend during NBA countdown - the regular season means dick, BUT, in big time, nationally televised games against the top teams you want to send a message. You want to prove how dominate you are. Miami hasn't done that all season. I don't think they've had a dominate performance over a top team all season. Can they turn it on for the playoffs? Yes. But to what level? Do they really think they can just turn it on starting in round 2?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 06:48 AM)
What are everyone's thoughts on Boston right now?

Celtics match up well with the Heat, they have a clear advantage over them in the PG/C position. Don't know if they can beat Miami but I think they can put a scare on them and take them to a 7th game.

The Bulls on the other hand match up well vs Boston.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

I might be over confident but I believe the Bulls win tonight comfortably.

Bulls 97

Heat 86

:headbang

Yup, ill be going to the bar around 6:30 and shouldnt move for awhile. I already have my meal and first few drafts picked out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
Rondo was actually hitting jumpers against the Heat the other night. If he keeps that up, that makes Boston very dangerous and I would have to start respecting him as a player.

The Celtics shot like 60% on midrange jumpers in that game. No one does that for more than short spurts.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
Man, Simmons' article about the Celtics just made me vomit in my mouth.

Yeah, this season has made me pretty sick of Bill Simmons. He's doing too many things, and his articles have damn near no point. Also, how you ignore and don't bother writing about the Bulls having the NBA's best record with these injuries is unforgivable.