2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're what 15-5 over their last 20? Philadelphia's falling apart, I'd much rather play them.

Its not about the 1st round matchup, its about the 2nd round. I would much, much, much rather play the Celtics than the Pacers. Let Miami get beat up by Indiana.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)
Its not about the 1st round matchup, its about the 2nd round. I would much, much, much rather play the Celtics than the Pacers. Let Miami get beat up by Indiana.

I know Indiana's going to beat the Bulls up, but I'd also bet that the Celtics would have a much, much better chance of actually beating the Bulls.

I know Indiana's going to beat the Bulls up, but I'd also bet that the Celtics would have a much, much better chance of actually beating the Bulls.

If the Bulls play poorly enough to lose to Boston, they'll probably play poorly enough to lose to Indiana too. Honestly, its all on the Bulls to lose either of the first series... be very difficult for any of those teams to straight outplay them when were firing on all cylinders.

QUOTE (MAX @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 12:33 AM)
Honestly, Harden deserved it. He shouldn't have intentionally gotten in his face and bumped into him if he didn't want some kind of confrontation.

This is idiotic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
Ron Artest is such a piece of s***. There is no way he should be allowed to play again this season.

It's getting to the point where he might need to be banned from the league. IMO he should be out at least 10 games (depending on Harden's health, maybe more) with a stern warning that another act like that and he's banned from the league for good.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)
It's getting to the point where he might need to be banned from the league. IMO he should be out at least 10 games (depending on Harden's health, maybe more) with a stern warning that another act like that and he's banned from the league for good.

With his history, that should be the season for him.

Ron Artest should have never been allowed back in the league after Malice at the Palace. Hopefully the league looks at his extended history and finally has the balls to ban him.

They won't though. He'll get 5 games.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)

Pacers clinched the 3 seed yesterday. So round 2 would shape up as Bulls/Celtics, Pacers/Heat, barring a Bulls meltdown later this week.

Meanwhile, the Knicks are sitting people like Chandler and seemingly willing to lose games and wind up in the 8th spot.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 12:55 AM)
Can someone explain to me why all the Comcast guys and writers keep on saying Bulls magic number is 1 when it really is two? (If Spurs win their games, Bulls need to win both, correct?)

Bulls only need to win one of two to clinch the #1 seed.

They have the tiebreaker over Miami.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 11:56 PM)

Gotcha, I keep on thinking Home Court advantage in playoffs over Spurs. They are talking Eastern Conference number one seed. Thanks.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 12:56 AM)

This can't be true.

The Bulls are 2 games ahead of Miami with 2 to play. If the Bulls had the tiebreaker, then they'd have already clinched the #1 seed. San Antonio, for example, is 2 ahead of OKC with 2 to play, and they're listed as having clinched the #1 seed in the west.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 11:56 PM)

The tiebreakers came down to who the eighth seed was because of strength of schedule, and the Bulls needed Philly in to have that tiebreaker. They have to finish ahead of Miami to get the #1 seed. If they were to tie, they would be #2.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
Bismack Biyombo speaks English?

http://espn.go.com/espn/grantland/story/_/...79686/your-deal

Grantland: Let's talk about some of your interests off the court. What do you like to do when you're not playing basketball?

Biyombo: It takes me time to learn a language, so I take all my free time now to work on Spanish. I watch Spanish movies, I read Spanish books, and I do language exercises. During the season, if I'm not practicing basketball, I'm practicing Spanish.

Grantland: How many languages do you speak?

Biyombo: I speak five languages: English, Spanish, French, and two languages from the Congo, Lingala and Swahili. Lingala is what people speak in Kinshasa, the capitol, and Swahili is what we speak at home in Lubumbashi, which is 2,000 kilometers south.

Grantland: Did you grow up speaking English?

Biyombo: I learned English in school. And after school, three times a week, my dad took me and my brother to some extra school. At the beginning, I didn't want to learn it, but my dad said it's an obligation for me to learn English. He said it's sure gonna help me in the future. At first it was frustrating. But my parents kept telling me how important it was and that it would get easier. Two months later I was speaking English. I was kind of surprised. When I came here [to Spain] I was like, "How can I learn this new language?" Well, I worked at it, and six months later I was speaking Spanish.

cover =/= book

Edited by Steve9347