2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Walton was on the radio today saying Popovich deserved Coach of the Year. Get the f*** out. THIBS LED THE BULLS T THE BEST RECORD IN THE NBA WITH THE MVP OUT. A cavalcade of injuries couldn't stop the Bulls this year.

DA BULLS BEST RECORD BRING HOME THE HARDWARE!!!!!

I went to watch Blake Griffin play tonight... and I was highly disappointed. His offensive game looked great, but I wanted more dunks. He had 2 fast break opportunities which ended up resulting in nothing (fouled on one, terrible alley-oop on the other). I really wanted to see a dunk that would bring the house down.

Oh, and CP3 is f***ing good. But we all knew that...

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 11:35 PM)
I went to watch Blake Griffin play tonight... and I was highly disappointed. His offensive game looked great, but I wanted more dunks. He had 2 fast break opportunities which ended up resulting in nothing (fouled on one, terrible alley-oop on the other). I really wanted to see a dunk that would bring the house down.

Oh, and CP3 is f***ing good. But we all knew that...

I want the Clippers to get swept in the first round for all the goddamn flopping.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
I hope the Bulls sit everyone tomorrow. We don't need our players getting attacked by the scumbag Pacers.

I know the sentiment, but especially Derrick and Rip desperately need time on the floor together.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 08:23 AM)
I know the sentiment, but especially Derrick and Rip desperately need time on the floor together.

Rose and Rip have been running NBA plays for a long time, and can run these plays in their sleep. They need to rest and can "figure it out" against a s*** Knicks or Bucks squad this weekend.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)
Rose and Rip have been running NBA plays for a long time, and can run these plays in their sleep. They need to rest and can "figure it out" against a s*** Knicks or Bucks squad this weekend.

After watching them against Dallas, I really disagree. There was absolutely no chemistry between the 2 when they were on the court together. You could easily convince yourself that Rip was better with Rose off the court because the offense ran through Rip.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
After watching them against Dallas, I really disagree. There was absolutely no chemistry between the 2 when they were on the court together. You could easily convince yourself that Rip was better with Rose off the court because the offense ran through Rip.

I thought the same thing, but that's because Rip was looking for his shot a lot more. These guys looked great together early in the year (down in Miami), especially on the break. They just need playing time.

If they can't get it together though Rip should come off the bench and lead the 2nd team offense. Throw in Brewer or Korver to start the game in his place, let the offense flow through Rose/Deng/Boozer and then the 2nd team would be led by Rip and Korver with Taj and Asik holding down the post.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)

That had everything to do with Rose finding his game and nothing to do with his ability or inability to play with Rip Hamilton. Hamilton's offensive game doesn't vary much from Korver's in all honesty. Run around, get open, shoot. The only difference is Rip will take it to the hole every now and again.

I can't believe Artest only got 7 games. That's the 1st round. What a joke of a league. Way to send a message to a repeat offender Stern. The minimum should have been 10-14. The appropriate suspension would have been the remainder of the season.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 10:14 AM)
I can't believe Artest only got 7 games. That's the 1st round. What a joke of a league. Way to send a message to a repeat offender Stern. The minimum should have been 10-14. The appropriate suspension would have been the remainder of the season.

Honestly, given his history of making a complete mockery of the NBA, this should have been the last straw. He really should never have been allowed back in the league after going into the stands after fans. Ron Artest, aka Metta World A$$hole, should never play in the NBA again.

This is a f***ing game, and every time Artest is on the court, it's more a war where he can blow up and hurt anyone in the arena.

artest.jpg

20120424_120250_top10hits3_300.jpg

ron_artest.jpg

display_image.jpg

peace_elbow_616.jpg

enhanced-buzz-29752-1335192103-7.jpg

Artest is a violent player who only cares about himself. I am very disappointed that he will play again in the NBA, and so soon.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
Some day he is going to piss off the wrong person and get wrecked for it. Whether that happens in or out of the nba it is bound to happen eventually.

No chance that "Removing him for the whole season" might "Piss off hte wrong person" (meaning, Lakers ownership?)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 10:14 AM)
Safe to say all the comments about the Bulls having the best record and #1 seed being a fluke are disproved?

Until they beat the Heat in the playoffs, it doesn't matter how good their record is.