2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
WTH? Nothing serious, right?

During the draft. Right after the Browns pick I blacked out. Remember a little of ambulance, came to in ER.

This was immediately after I had just almost completely recovered from one April 5th. Body was getting back to normal, tongue bite was gone, emotions were getting back in order. Then gone.

The playoffs was basically the one damn thing that I've been looking forward to since that first seizure because my life's basically gone to hell since then. Couldn't drive home for the few job interviews I had, so I didn't get a summer job. Couldn't bust my ass to get a few jobs here for next year. Life's pretty much sucked.

Humber's perfect game was the one time I've been happy this month. Now I was gearing up to watch the Bulls go to war.

I refuse to believe they'll just roll over and die.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:15 PM)
Keep me posted, Q. I PM you all the time. But you think you're too good for me. Asshole.

LMAO.

MizzouWireless blocks SoxTalk chat room, or I'd be in there every game.

So, just gimme two weeks to get home.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:04 PM)
Is Rose still your #1+ keeper next year? I know, I know. That's cold of me. But I have no heart.

I'm going to bet the s*** out of the Bulls against the Celtics...Its not the colossal loss that most fans think...obviously they're better off with him, I just don't think they're nearly as bad off w/o him as the betting public will think...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
I'm going to bet the s*** out of the Bulls against the Celtics...Its not the colossal loss that most fans think...obviously they're better off with him, I just don't think they're nearly as bad off w/o him as the betting public will think...

They're not as bad. They've proven that. But there's no Bobcats, Pistons, Wizards, Cavaliers, Bucks and Nets to feast off of in the playoffs. They should definitely beat Philly. Boston? That'd be real tough. They're something like 24-8 since late February. If Allen is healthy, I just don't see it.

Did Rip play in that last game against the Celtics that they won without Rose?? I dont think he was was he? With that said I think the Bulls still make it to the ECF and even put up a fight against the Heat. Rips been playing real good lately and if we get a few ballsy performances from CJ and JL3 we might even win a couple in the ECF or f*** it even win....theyve already beat both boston and miami without rose and Rip, with Rip back who knows!

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:38 PM)
Did Rip play in that last game against the Celtics that they won without Rose?? I dont think he was was he? With that said I think the Bulls still make it to the ECF and even put up a fight against the Heat. Rips been playing real good lately and if we get a few ballsy performances from CJ and JL3 we might even win a couple in the ECF or f*** it even win....theyve already beat both boston and miami without rose and Rip, with Rip back who knows!

Like we saw last year, regular season performance against a certain team is irrelevant in the playoffs. The Bulls aren't beating the Heat without Rose.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)

Be honest though...which team has a better chance against the Heat, the Bulls with CJ at the point or a "healthy" Celtics tema if they get there? I'd rather have the Celtics get the Heat, so that someone has a shot at beating them.

Truly devastating on so many levels. I'm just glad I'm mature enough to move past it rather quickly because I know the younger me woulda been feelin verry heartbroken...

It's just scary to think what player we're getting when he comes back. I can only hope he comes back the same but so many factors...the severity of the injury, the number of players who are never the same afterwards, how poorly he played after injuries this year, how huge freak athleticism and speed are to his game...make me not wanna get my hopes up.

But times like these I cling to the glory years. Popping in the 90s dvds is therapeutic :)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
Be honest though...which team has a better chance against the Heat, the Bulls with CJ at the point or a "healthy" Celtics tema if they get there? I'd rather have the Celtics get the Heat, so that someone has a shot at beating them.

Honestly...I don't think either team has that great of a shot, but I'd say Indiana or Chicago are both better then Boston. I could be wrong but I don't think that highly of Boston.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
Rose will be gone most of next year too.

I don't know about that. I'm assuming he'd miss the beginning of the season but would probably be back to 100% by this time next year (or close to it). He's got a long road to recovery ahead of him, but to be frank, this is better than the micro fracture injury. You can recover from this and still have explosiveness. Running backs have came back from it, wideouts have, etc. However, I'll be curious to see how much slower he is.

This is just horrible for Rose. I feel terrible for him.

Taj will be back, Asik will not. Rose will be back sometime mid-season probably, they'll still have a window next year but a lot of it boils down to if Rose is of the minority of NBA players who make it through one of the injuries and doesn't fall apart.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
I'm nowhere near as in tune with basketball salaries/contracts as I am baseball. Why would they lose those two?

Asik is a FA. As a second rounder though, he can only make $5M his first two years.

Taj has one year left.

What NBA guards have had this injury? I know Crawford had this injury and he regained most of his quickness. Any other NBA players? Its a pretty rare injury in the NBA or so it seems. That said Rubio and Shumpert both had it happen to them this year (plus Harrington I believe).