2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

And I don't want to say Mike James would be winning games for the Bulls, but at this point you have to look at all of your options instead of sinking with what you keep throwing out there. It simply isn't working. CJ decided to become ChokeJ, so you have to move on.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noah is in bad shape. Initial X-rays were negative, however the team hasn't ruled out a fracture, two sources said. C.J. Watson, who failed to score, continues to battle lingering ankle and elbow injuries, and has a broken jumper to boot.

At least they'll have a long offseason to rest up. And losing both Noah and Rose will make the "adding the Bulls to the list of 8 seeds that fell to a 1 seed" will make that asterisk less painful.

I thought CJ had to be not healthy. Just doesn't look right. I say start JL3 and give James some minutes as well. JL3 helped us screw the pooch at the end there (who didn't) but he actually stayed quiet much of the time he was in, which is new for him. He's usually either making noise with turnovers/bad shots or by scoring but for quite a while there he actually was letting the offense run. The most irritating thing though is that he won't run the pick and roll -- I think he's afraid he can't make the pass to the screener without turning it over. I also have to wonder if it's a crazy idea to have Rip Hamilton bring the ball up.

Boozer definitely needs more touches in the offense. Almost every good possession I can think of started with a slick pass by Boozer. Unfortunately, I doubt we play with Noah for the rest of the postseason. Too bad because he moves the ball almost as well. I'd like to see Booz and Taj starting and getting as many minutes as possible. Looks like we're finally in trouble for not signing a reserve big man.

...and we could still win, lol. Just can't s*** the bed at the end of games. Need to run the offense.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
I thought CJ had to be not healthy. Just doesn't look right. I say start JL3 and give James some minutes as well. JL3 helped us screw the pooch at the end there (who didn't) but he actually stayed quiet much of the time he was in, which is new for him. He's usually either making noise with turnovers/bad shots or by scoring but for quite a while there he actually was letting the offense run. The most irritating thing though is that he won't run the pick and roll -- I think he's afraid he can't make the pass to the screener without turning it over. I also have to wonder if it's a crazy idea to have Rip Hamilton bring the ball up.

Boozer definitely needs more touches in the offense. Almost every good possession I can think of started with a slick pass by Boozer. Unfortunately, I doubt we play with Noah for the rest of the postseason. Too bad because he moves the ball almost as well. I'd like to see Booz and Taj starting and getting as many minutes as possible. Looks like we're finally in trouble for not signing a reserve big man.

...and we could still win, lol. Just can't s*** the bed at the end of games. Need to run the offense.

When did Lucas let the offense run? I saw a guy who dominated the ball and wasted 15+ seconds dribbling on nearly every possession in the 4th quarter. The guy is an outrageously bad PG. No court vision and no understanding of how to run a team. Not a terrible shooter and scorer but 5'9" shooting guards aren't going to get it done in the playoffs.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Basically he let the offense run when they weren't applying pressure to the ball - 2nd, 3rd quarters when we were playing well. Things got tight at the end and of course ball pressure increased, offense was nowhere to be seen.

The problem is his size. He can't see or get rid of the ball when they pressure him so he just dribbles around hoping he can get loose, which he can't because he's not fast or long enough to do so.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:15 AM)
CJ hasn't been healthy the whole 2nd half of the season, but he bit the bullet and kept playing when he should have been on the bench because Rose was more important.

Yeah, I mentioned it previously, his elbow is really messed up, this team was just a bit snakebit with injuries this season, it will happen to every team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)
When did Lucas let the offense run? I saw a guy who dominated the ball and wasted 15+ seconds dribbling on nearly every possession in the 4th quarter. The guy is an outrageously bad PG. No court vision and no understanding of how to run a team. Not a terrible shooter and scorer but 5'9" shooting guards aren't going to get it done in the playoffs.

Rec League Chucker

So I was posting from my iphone last night but I wanted to reiterate that J4L is correct. Without Rose the Sixers are a terrible match-up for the Bulls. They are very athletic and strong defensively and without a guy like Rose who can break-them down the Bulls are going to have a difficult time scoring.

They were able to score a decent amount when Lucas was running the point. Yes, he's a lousy point guard but thus far he has played significantly better then Watson, who just isn't the same player when he starts vs. coming off the bench. Offensively the Bulls are going to have to play a lot with Taj/Boozer on the floor (vs. Asik) and that shouldn't really be an issue given the fact that the Sixers don't have a true center.

They still have a chance to win this series but to be frank, these teams are about even (especially when you are without Noah, who had really stepped up his game since Rose went down). Noah is the man, a tough guy, and someone I will forever cheer for. He has his limits and flaws but he plays hard and does things the right way.

Also, for those of you that were bashing Boozer, I'd be very curious to know what guy you were watching. He actually played about as good of defense as I've ever seen him play (that doesn't say much, but he had active hands and slapped quite a few Bulls that led to some Sixer turnovers). On offense he was more aggressive and about the only guy who was looking to score (outside of Rip, who needs to stay aggressive...his shot will fall). Had Lucas not played like total s*** in the 4th quarter and got the ball into the post a few times, we'd have probably won (but instead Boozer hardly got any touches; I realized he missed a couple late shots but he had no rhyhtm).

PS: This is the saddest I've been watching my team in the playoffs ever. This is such a likeable squad and it sucks to see em go down like this. I'll pull like hell for them to win and I was disgusted at the Sixer fans for cheering Noah's injury.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
So I was posting from my iphone last night but I wanted to reiterate that J4L is correct. Without Rose the Sixers are a terrible match-up for the Bulls. They are very athletic and strong defensively and without a guy like Rose who can break-them down the Bulls are going to have a difficult time scoring.

They were able to score a decent amount when Lucas was running the point. Yes, he's a lousy point guard but thus far he has played significantly better then Watson, who just isn't the same player when he starts vs. coming off the bench. Offensively the Bulls are going to have to play a lot with Taj/Boozer on the floor (vs. Asik) and that shouldn't really be an issue given the fact that the Sixers don't have a true center.

They still have a chance to win this series but to be frank, these teams are about even (especially when you are without Noah, who had really stepped up his game since Rose went down). Noah is the man, a tough guy, and someone I will forever cheer for. He has his limits and flaws but he plays hard and does things the right way.

Also, for those of you that were bashing Boozer, I'd be very curious to know what guy you were watching. He actually played about as good of defense as I've ever seen him play (that doesn't say much, but he had active hands and slapped quite a few Bulls that led to some Sixer turnovers). On offense he was more aggressive and about the only guy who was looking to score (outside of Rip, who needs to stay aggressive...his shot will fall). Had Lucas not played like total s*** in the 4th quarter and got the ball into the post a few times, we'd have probably won (but instead Boozer hardly got any touches; I realized he missed a couple late shots but he had no rhyhtm).

PS: This is the saddest I've been watching my team in the playoffs ever. This is such a likeable squad and it sucks to see em go down like this. I'll pull like hell for them to win and I was disgusted at the Sixer fans for cheering Noah's injury.

I agree with this entire post.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)
I couldn't believe noah went back out there.

I was yelling to take him out the entire time. How the f*** could you not tell he couldn't run?

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:54 PM)
I was yelling to take him out the entire time. How the f*** could you not tell he couldn't run?

I think they were just trying not to burn a timeout once it was clear he wasn't okay.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Anybody know James Harden's contract status? KD and Westbrook are locked up for a while. It's going to be unfair if they can get this guy under control long-term.

Best site I know of for contracts (Hoops Hype)

One more year on his rookie deal, then a restricted FA with a qualifying offer starting at $7.6 mil.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
Best site I know of for contracts (Hoops Hype)

One more year on his rookie deal, then a restricted FA with a qualifying offer starting at $7.6 mil.

Why HH doesn't have Westbrook's extension I don't know. If you count that, they're going to be right up against the Luxury Tax if they want to extend Harden without losing the rest of their roster.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
Why HH doesn't have Westbrook's extension I don't know. If you count that, they're going to be right up against the Luxury Tax if they want to extend Harden without losing the rest of their roster.

Yeah, that's my only gripe, a lot of the extensions from this year aren't totally updated.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
I'll pull like hell for them to win and I was disgusted at the Sixer fans for cheering Noah's injury.

Philadelphia sports fans are legendary for being pieces of s***. Just horrible human beings.