2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
I think if they had Noah healthy the entire series, the Bulls would have won in 5. With both, its a sweep.

I'd buy that.

At the end of the day, GaxPax has to figure out a way to get another scoring star on this team. Good luck guys. A part of me wonders if they might dangle Noah with the way that Taj has responded.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
I think if they had Noah healthy the entire series, the Bulls would have won in 5. With both, its a sweep.

For sure, but they didnt. Defense vs defense and they lost it without key players. Whatever. Heat wins the East and we cheer for OKC when they come out of the West. All I care about it Rose's knee getting 100% sooner rather than later.

Also please draft another guard scorer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
They also won't have Watson and Asik on the floor in those situations.

No they wont, but Thibs could have called a Bulls player over after Asik was fouled and told them to not crash the boards and just man up on defense so as not to give up an easy basket. Or when the 76ers rolled the ball up the court, he could have told CJ to get on them so that the clock runs and they waste 4-5 seconds Its just the little things that seem to escape Thibs.

That isnt on the players at all. Neither is how Thibs uses Taj versus Boozer or the million other little things that Derrick Rose makes up for on offense every single game.

I have always wondered if Thibs was Collins and the Bulls would need someone else to get them to the promised land, this series does nothing to convince me otherwise, as better coaching would have won (imo).

QUOTE (Jake @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
I feel let down by the coaching. How can the same mistake be made over and over and over? Do it junior high style and tell them they have to make x amount of passes before shooting if you have to.

But CJ is probably at the top of my to blame list...I just wish the coaching didn't allow a backup player to cost us SO much.

Rose and Noah are out. Back ups are on the floor the entire game.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Rose and Noah are out. Back ups are on the floor the entire game.

Thats not an excuse for Thibs though.

Asik was dead tired and a bad ft shooter, he should have been pulled from the game at 2 minutes left.

He does this stuff all the time with players and how he handles them, Rose just makes up for it with brilliance.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
No they wont, but Thibs could have called a Bulls player over after Asik was fouled and told them to not crash the boards and just man up on defense so as not to give up an easy basket. Or when the 76ers rolled the ball up the court, he could have told CJ to get on them so that the clock runs and they waste 4-5 seconds Its just the little things that seem to escape Thibs.

That isnt on the players at all. Neither is how Thibs uses Taj versus Boozer or the million other little things that Derrick Rose makes up for on offense every single game.

I have always wondered if Thibs was Collins and the Bulls would need someone else to get them to the promised land, this series does nothing to convince me otherwise, as better coaching would have won (imo).

Thibs is one of the best coaches in the league, with DROse they sweep and nobody mentions anything as he had back 2 back best records in the league. Come on, overreaction on the coaching being the issue here. He is down to a f***ing midget 2 guard bringing the ball up the floor and a stone-handed center starting the game. Not to mention a one-handed Luol who played out of his mind. The issue is your best player going down in game one where we cleaned their f***ing clocks. Add some players through the draft and possibly trades and probably have another great chance to be the #1 or #2 seed again next season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)

Asik was dead tired and a bad ft shooter, he should have been pulled from the game at 2 minutes left.

He does this stuff all the time with players and how he handles them, Rose just makes up for it with brilliance.

Dude you admitted that you dont watch the NBA till college is over so how do you know that? Second, if you take out Asik you put in a black hole on defense in Boozer.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)

He was in for defense. The point guard made a poor decision to give him the ball at the end or the Bulls win. Or if he makes the free throws, which he should be able to do, the Bulls win. I don't see how this game or series is on Thibs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
It would be a ton of money to eat, but does anyone think Boozer gets amnestied?

No chance this summer

Since you start the season without Rose and Deng and need scorers

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
Thibs is one of the best coaches in the league, with DROse they sweep and nobody mentions anything as he had back 2 back best records in the league. Come on, overreaction on the coaching being the issue here. He is down to a f***ing midget 2 guard bringing the ball up the floor and a stone-handed center starting the game. Not to mention a one-handed Luol who played out of his mind. The issue is your best player going down in game one where we cleaned their f***ing clocks. Add some players through the draft and possibly trades and probably have another great chance to be the #1 or #2 seed again next season.

Doug Collins is a great coach, hes never won a championship.

There is a chance that Thibs is a very good coach, just not an excellent coach. I know I am in the minority, but I have never liked his offense and always felt he let Rose bail the team out way to often.

And I have mentioned things about Thibs, I b****ed for the last 2 years that he plays his guys until the bitter end and one day something bad would happen when the game was already won.

Hes just not my favorite coach and it seemed so glaring to me the mistakes the last few games. I guess Im just concerned for the Bulls against a team like the Heat or Thunder, where talent may be on the other teams side. Then what?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
Dude you admitted that you dont watch the NBA till college is over so how do you know that? Second, if you take out Asik you put in a black hole on defense in Boozer.

A black hole on defense who was also an embarrassment on offense tonight.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)

I said I dont watch every game.

I probably watch 40-50 Bulls regular season games.

I watch every single second of every playoff game and every single second of every Wisconsin game.

Thus I was saying Im not as knowledgeable because I dont watch as many games, not that I dont watch at all.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
No chance this summer

Since you start the season without Rose and Deng and need scorers

3 points. I've always stood up for him, but he does come up small most of the time in the playoffs. He should have his contract rescinded with that shoe polish he put on his head.

If it saves the Bulls from paying the luxury tax and adds another piece or maybe even 2, it could be an option.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
He was in for defense. The point guard made a poor decision to give him the ball at the end or the Bulls win. Or if he makes the free throws, which he should be able to do, the Bulls win. I don't see how this game or series is on Thibs.

Asik is like a 50% free throw shooter and had made 3/4, he should have statistically missed both free throws.

He sucks at free throws, hoping that he makes 2 there is insane. The ball should have never touched his hands.

That being said, the Bulls still shouldnt have lost.

Not one person can explain why the Bulls had all their guys on the line trying to rebound the 2nd Asik ft.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
A black hole on defense who was also an embarrassment on offense tonight.

Taj>Boozer. But I didnt see that when we signed him, and I dont think many did.

I would really like the Bulls to draft a scorer at the guard position this season, preferably a point guard that can fill in for DRose. We dont have that many tradeable assets though which hurts them.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Asik is like a 50% free throw shooter and had made 3/4, he should have statistically missed both free throws.

He sucks at free throws, hoping that he makes 2 there is insane. The ball should have never touched his hands.

Not one person can explain why the Bulls had all their guys on the line trying to rebound the 2nd Asik ft.

They were crashing because they knew it wasn't going in, but that shouldn't have stopped someone from stopping the ball.

I somewhat agree with Badger. Look, this is NOT a good Sixer team. Very mediocre and offensively-challenged. They went 15-22 in their last 37 games. If the only difference between the Sixers and Bulls is no Rose and Noah missing a few games, then they're probably not that good anyway. At least not as good as their regular season record indicates. This team needs another playmaker/scorer and they need to get more athletic.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)

We all knew it would have been a miracle if he made the free throws, I'm just saying he should be able to make them.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
They were crashing because they knew it wasn't going in, but that shouldn't have stopped someone from stopping the ball.

Yeah that was terrible. It was a matchup that was defense vs defense and we lost our primary scorer and our best passer in the post. Things dont always work out. Pick your favorite western conference team and cheer them on in the finals.

I still don't buy Taj being better than Boozer. MAYBE if money is factored in. There are teams that would really involve him better and wouldn't bench him for entire games when he starts slow. I am not saying that we should change, but he's not a bad player. Unfortunately our offense never moves the ball and that's bad for post scorers.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
I somewhat agree with Badger. Look, this is NOT a good Sixer team. Very mediocre and offensively-challenged. They went 15-22 in their last 37 games. If the only difference between the Sixers and Bulls is Rose and Noah missing a few games, then they're probably not that good anyway. At least not as good as their regular season record indicates. This team needs another playmaker/scorer and they need to get more athletic.

If Bosh and Wade were out, the heat would still have beat the 76ers.

Thats the problem, the Bulls need to beat the Heat, and that is going to mean they need a coach who is brilliant on offense, because the heat have the talent to guard Rose, and until the Bulls can consistently run offense without Rose, they arent really a threat to beat the Heat.

I hate to say that, but what else can you say after watching this series. You cant just hope every year all of your players are in pristine condition at the most important series, you gotta win other ways sometimes.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
I somewhat agree with Badger. Look, this is NOT a good Sixer team. Very mediocre and offensively-challenged. They went 15-22 in their last 37 games. If the only difference between the Sixers and Bulls is no Rose and Noah missing a few games, then they're probably not that good anyway. At least not as good as their regular season record indicates. This team needs another playmaker/scorer and they need to get more athletic.

Rose and Noah are 2 of the Bulls best 3 players, the other one is playing with one hand. Take 2 of the top 3 off any team and have the other one not nearly 100 percent and watch how much dumber their coach will get. The Bulls are championship calibur with their entire roster healthy. Not a lock like back in the day, but a real good shot.