2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Jake @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
I still don't buy Taj being better than Boozer. MAYBE if money is factored in. There are teams that would really involve him better and wouldn't bench him for entire games when he starts slow. I am not saying that we should change, but he's not a bad player. Unfortunately our offense never moves the ball and that's bad for post scorers.

I'm kind of torn, maybe more NBA scouts would say Boozer is better than Gibson, but I think even if Boozer is the better player, the Bulls play better when Gibson is in the game.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Rose and Noah are 2 of the Bulls best 3 players, the other one is playing with one hand. Take 2 of the top 3 off any team and have the other one not nearly 100 percent and watch how much dumber their coach will get. The Bulls are championship calibur with their entire roster healthy. Not a lock like back in the day, but a real good shot.

I know what the Bulls didn't have. If they lose to the Heat? Fine. Nobody is going to say a thing. If they lose to even Boston or Indiana, nobody is going to make a big deal about it. But they should still have been able to beat this lousy Sixers team. When the Celtics lost KG and Leon Powe (Powe, at least then, was a lot like their Taj), they still beat the Bulls and took a really good Orlando team to game 7 in the semifinals. I'm not letting the Bulls off the hook just because of injuries. Not against this Sixer team.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Rose and Noah are 2 of the Bulls best 3 players, the other one is playing with one hand. Take 2 of the top 3 off any team and have the other one not nearly 100 percent and watch how much dumber their coach will get. The Bulls are championship calibur with their entire roster healthy. Not a lock like back in the day, but a real good shot.

yes I understand they are 2 of the best 3, and I understand Deng is injured.

The problem is that the Heat probably have more talent. So in a series where the talent is even, you hope that the coach wont be the difference between a win and a loss.

The Heat have a bad coach too, just they have 2 superstars who can make their own offense. The Bulls have 1 guy who can make his own offense, even when Rose is healthy, and youd have thought Thibs would have done something more with the offense than just having Watson try and be Rose.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
I know what the Bulls didn't have. If they lose to the Heat? Fine. Nobody is going to say a thing. If they lose to even Boston or Indiana, nobody is going to make a big deal about it. But they should still have been able to beat this lousy Sixers team. When the Celtics lost KG and Leon Powe (Powe, at least then, was a lot like their Taj), they still beat the Bulls and took a really good Orlando team to game 7 in the semifinals. I'm not letting the Bulls off the hook just because of injuries. Not against this Sixer team.

Bulls should have beat 6ers with decent play from their point guards. LoL lucas and watson. NOPE. :(

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)

When Rose and Noah are out and Boozer is 1-11, you're going to have problem scoring points. 80 points wins tonight. They couldn't do it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
If Bosh and Wade were out, the heat would still have beat the 76ers.

Not sure you can say that definitively, not how the Sixers played this series. They are one of the best defensive teams in the league and found some miraculous offense in a few of the games. If Wade and Bosh both tear their ACL's in the start of the series, I cannot say they beat Philly straight out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
Not sure you can say that definitively, not how the Sixers played this series. They are one of the best defensive teams in the league and found some miraculous offense in a few of the games. If Wade and Bosh both tear their ACL's in the start of the series, I cannot say they beat Philly straight out.

Well I think the Bulls should have won this series but for idiocy.

You cant be afraid to try new things, when Boozer sucks, try something new. Give Butler a shot, give Brewer a shot, 76ers arent exactly a team that beats you on the block. They want to drive and use their athleticism, dont be afraid to go small.

I just dont get it, I dont get the use of players. One day Korver plays the 4th, the next time Hamilton. Just all seems so arbitrary.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
When Rose and Noah are out and Boozer is 1-11, you're going to have problem scoring points. 80 points wins tonight. They couldn't do it.

But that's what Boozer does. He chokes routinely in the playoffs. And where did the Bulls miss Noah tonight? They out-rebounded Philly by 24. They held them to 79 points.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
Well I think the Bulls should have won this series but for idiocy.

You cant be afraid to try new things, when Boozer sucks, try something new. Give Butler a shot, give Brewer a shot, 76ers arent exactly a team that beats you on the block. They want to drive and use their athleticism, dont be afraid to go small.

I just dont get it, I dont get the use of players. One day Korver plays the 4th, the next time Hamilton. Just all seems so arbitrary.

They did unusual things this series like score from the post though, it was weird.

I dont usually agree with you, but when I do its about Taylor and our need for another scoring pG who can shoot from the outside and run the pick and roll. I ALSO believe that the Bulls would be 100% more dangerous if they had a big man that could shoot the three like your boy Lauer. Rose or whoever in the pick and roll at the top with that bulls*** Wisconsin 3 ball from the big man would bring the offensive game of the BUlls up a few notches IMO.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
They did unusual things this series like score from the post though, it was weird.

I dont usually agree with you, but when I do its about Taylor and our need for another scoring pG who can shoot from the outside and run the pick and roll. I ALSO believe that the Bulls would be 100% more dangerous if they had a big man that could shoot the three like your boy Lauer. Rose or whoever in the pick and roll at the top with that bulls*** Wisconsin 3 ball from the big man would bring the offensive game of the BUlls up a few notches IMO.

You dont need to get me started about what you could do if you switched Boozer for a guy like Leuer.

I have always hated Boozer though, I just cant stand his game at all.

And I know Im being hard on Thibs right now, but its just because I hope he looks at this series and sees where he could improve. Its unlikely the Bulls would have beaten the Heat anyways, so maybe they look at this and think about how they can improve and what areas they are weak in.

I'd pick up the options on Brewer and Watson, match for Asik then trade all three for picks. Maybe we can send two together (Watson-Asik) with cash for a mid-first rounder and Brewer for a second round pick. Then I'd love to do this draft:

Mid-first: Marquis Teague (groom into backup PG)

29th pick: Fab Melo or Festus Ezeli (defensive big that can catch a ball)

2nd Rounder: Marcus Denmon (elite spot up shooting)

Then, sign Nash if you can. Then this is your lineup for a while

PG: Nash - Teague

SG: Hamilton - Denmon

SF: Korver - Butler

PF: Boozer - Gibson

C : Noah - Melo

That can hold down the fort until Rose & Deng get back, then you got this...

PG: Rose - Nash - Teague

SG: Hamilton - Korver - Denmon

SF: Deng - Butler

PF: Boozer - Gibson

C : Noah - Melo

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
You dont need to get me started about what you could do if you switched Boozer for a guy like Leuer.

And I know Im being hard on Thibs right now, but its just because I hope he looks at this series and sees where he could improve. Its unlikely the Bulls would have beaten the Heat anyways, so maybe they look at this and think about how they can improve and what areas they are weak in.

This is key. Don't go into this off-season with the mindset of we weren't healthy and that's why we lost.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Also, f*** some of the Sixers fans I know.

They said they would have won even with Rose and Noah playing.

No, no you wouldn't have. Rose would have eviscerated Holiday and Turner.

Boston is gonna truck that series. I hope Heat Pacers is semi decent.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
Thats not an excuse for Thibs though.

Asik was dead tired and a bad ft shooter, he should have been pulled from the game at 2 minutes left.

He does this stuff all the time with players and how he handles them, Rose just makes up for it with brilliance.

For who? Boozer? Then you give put a turnstyle to the basket out there.

As I said, I thought earlier in the series the Bulls should have tried to play smaller with Brewer/Butler replacing Boozer and just switching more on defense.

Even Hawes isnt a post up player for the 76ers and when Taj was in the game they really mostly took jump shots or tried to drive.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)

Sorry, I don't care how biased this sounds, but if the Bulls play with a healthy Rose, Deng, Hamilton, Noah which they didn't do ONCE this entire season they are the best team in the NBA by far and would have ran away with the title.

Anyone who disagrees I really do not care, we just had the best record in the NBA with not one game this entire season fully healthy, and would have ran away with the title. The only team who would have posed a challenge is the thunder since Miami isn't really that good as I stated in January(don't feel like finding that post but I said it)

It just sucks knowing what SHOULD have been :(

Edit: Also as mean as this sounds stop posting in this thread thinking you're mister know it all(because that is literally all you've been doing), you've openly admitted to not watching the NBA until early April because of NCAA garbage basketball. Because of this your opinion is almost worthless.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 11, 2012 -> 03:43 AM)
Sorry, I don't care how biased this sounds, but if the Bulls play with a healthy Rose, Deng, Hamilton, Noah which they didn't do ONCE this entire season they are the best team in the NBA by far and would have ran away with the title.

Anyone who disagrees I really do not care, we just had the best record in the NBA with not one game this entire season fully healthy, and would have ran away with the title. The only team who would have posed a challenge is the thunder since Miami isn't really that good as I stated in January(don't feel like finding that post but I said it)

It just sucks knowing what SHOULD have been :(

Edit: Also as mean as this sounds stop posting in this thread thinking you're mister know it all(because that is literally all you've been doing), you've openly admitted to not watching the NBA until early April because of NCAA garbage basketball. Because of this your opinion is almost worthless.

While I agree with the first part, I must address the later.

Damn son.