2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Looks like Team USA is short big men for the Olympics. Maybe Andrew Bynum will be someone USA could look at.

Roy Hibbert wants to join, but he has a contract with Team Jamaica.

Meanwhile, JaVale McGee wants to join Team Philippines.

Is Noah playing for France this year?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Looks like Team USA is short big men for the Olympics. Maybe Andrew Bynum will be someone USA could look at.

I know they recently added Anthony Davis to the roster. Noah is playing for France.

I guess I'll say it because nobody else has or will...the Spurs are pretty f***ing good. 27-2 in their last 29 games dating back to the regular season. I can't even put into words what Popovich has done with that team. How he was able to balance trying to win games while at the same time getting a sufficient amount of rest for his key guys (i.e. benching Duncan for being old at times) to keep them healthy and fresh for the playoffs defies explanation. Duncan hasn't looked this good in years. Thunder/Spurs is going to be one f***ing awesome conference final.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2012 -> 11:27 PM)
I guess I'll say it because nobody else has or will...the Spurs are pretty f***ing good. 27-2 in their last 29 games dating back to the regular season. I can't even put into words what Popovich has done with that team. How he was able to balance trying to win games while at the same time getting a sufficient amount of rest for his key guys (i.e. benching Duncan for being old at times) to keep them healthy and fresh for the playoffs defies explanation. Duncan hasn't looked this good in years. Thunder/Spurs is going to be one f***ing awesome conference final.

With the way the East is shaking out, it's basically gonna be the default NBA final.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 18, 2012 -> 06:57 AM)
With the way the East is shaking out, it's basically gonna be the default NBA final.

You know, that's what a lot of us thought about the ECF last year. You never quite know until they play

Fwiw I have the Thunder winning it all

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2012 -> 11:27 PM)
I guess I'll say it because nobody else has or will...the Spurs are pretty f***ing good.

Wow, you are a trail blazer. Where did you come up with this information? Thank the Lord someone pointed out that the 1 seed in the West is a good team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 18, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
Wow, you are a trail blazer. Where did you come up with this information? Thank the Lord someone pointed out that the 1 seed in the West is a good team.

I know it's obvious. I'm just saying, this thread is pretty much Bulls, Bulls, Bulls, cry about the refs EVERY single night and I guess hating on the Heat. That's why Felix bolted. Which is a shame. But he's just a boring T-wolves fan. He doesn't fit in around here.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)

Who is Filipino in his family?

QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
I can't believe the mock draft I just looked at had Meyers Leonard at 17...I would take him on the Bulls in a heartbeat.

I feel like he's going to be the biggest bust in the draft (well, him or Drummond).

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
I feel like he's going to be the biggest bust in the draft (well, him or Drummond).

If he is taken in the teens he won't be the biggest bust in this draft. There will be a top five guy who busts, just like every year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)

I would lean Pery Jones. Drummond is at least big and athletic so he should stick in the league even with no real offensive development. Jones seems to be a SG trapped in a PF's body, so he strikes me as another Marvin Williams (props to Steve for the easy comparison instead of me writing 3 paragraphs to get the same point across).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
I know it's obvious. I'm just saying, this thread is pretty much Bulls, Bulls, Bulls, cry about the refs EVERY single night and I guess hating on the Heat. That's why Felix bolted. Which is a shame. But he's just a boring T-wolves fan. He doesn't fit in around here.

Yeah, the Western Conference Finals should be great.

The reason all you hear is Bulls, Bulls, Bulls f*** the Heat is the NBA was f***ing terrible this year, and these playoffs have been just as brutal. The only interesting series going on right now is, I guess, Heat/Pacers? And that f***ing sucks!

We all know the Thunder will roll. We all know the Spurs will roll. I don't really care about anything East right now, which is so weird.

It's just a s***ty sport right now, sadly. The schedule this year ruined the entire season, it wore down some of the greatest players in the game, and it just stunk. That's that.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
I would lean Pery Jones. Drummond is at least big and athletic so he should stick in the league even with no real offensive development. Jones seems to be a SG trapped in a PF's body, so he strikes me as another Marvin Williams (props to Steve for the easy comparison instead of me writing 3 paragraphs to get the same point across).

I feel like Sullinger is going to be a massive bust. If Sean May couldn't make it, I don't know how Sullinger will. I also think the idea of Thomas Robinson being the 2nd pick in the draft is crazy.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)

You are welcome.

Meyers Leonard is going to need a strong coach, which is why I hope he ends up with the Bulls (there's no way this happens without a trade or something obviously). If left to his own devices, he's going to not hustle enough, not get in the paint enough, get caught sleeping on defense, basically be Amare Stoudamire.

But the dude has mega-talent. He has post moves and is awesomely athletic at 7 foot tall, 250 pounds. He is just an attitude change away from being an elite defensive player and already is at least a decent offensive player.

Sullinger > May. I don't know how good Sullinger is going to be, but he's taller and more athletic than Sean May. I couldn't believe anyone would waste a draft pick on Sean May.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 18, 2012 -> 03:49 PM)
Sullinger > May. I don't know how good Sullinger is going to be, but he's taller and more athletic than Sean May. I couldn't believe anyone would waste a draft pick on Sean May.

I think people forget just how good May was in college.