2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
An interesting write up on why the Bulls should chase Howard, even if he sign long term.

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chica...tm_medium=email

Now that Rose is down for the count this actually makes some sense...but it makes the most sense in terms of "clearing the Bulls' big contracts". Howard isn't going to turn them into a champion next year without help, Howard's never going to get along with one of the NBA's best coaches, Howard's not going to stay in a situation that doesn't grant him total authority over everything.

But, basically what the Bulls would be doing would be trading 2 long-term contracts for 2 shorter ones. Howard could still be movable at the trade deadline, and the Bulls could get to the "Cleared space" point fairly quickly if they got rid of both Deng and Noah's deals while still having the amnesty option.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Heat's support players have finally showed up. This series is over. I expect them to beat Boston and lose to whomever emerges from the west.

Um, their support players? LeBron and Wade just skull-f***ed the Pacers for two straight games, that's what just happened.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 22, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
Anybody think Okie City has a chance vs. the Spurs?

Yes, they certainly do.

I think this could be one of the better series in the NBA over the last decade, and could possibly make this season less s***ty.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2012 -> 12:09 AM)
Thank you, Dr. Phil. You don't know what you're talking about. If somebody calls me out then I'm going to respond. Simple as that.

insert combative comment here

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)
Now that Rose is down for the count this actually makes some sense...but it makes the most sense in terms of "clearing the Bulls' big contracts". Howard isn't going to turn them into a champion next year without help, Howard's never going to get along with one of the NBA's best coaches, Howard's not going to stay in a situation that doesn't grant him total authority over everything.

But, basically what the Bulls would be doing would be trading 2 long-term contracts for 2 shorter ones. Howard could still be movable at the trade deadline, and the Bulls could get to the "Cleared space" point fairly quickly if they got rid of both Deng and Noah's deals while still having the amnesty option.

That's actually very interesting. That could work...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
Yes, they certainly do.

I think this could be one of the better series in the NBA over the last decade, and could possibly make this season less s***ty.

I think it will be tight, but for some reason I can't get excited about it. I can't put my finger on why, but it might be due to the lack of hatable players/storylines/bulls***.

The Spurs have really had OKC's number over the last couple of seasons, granted it's regular season games but I think the Spurs advance to the Finals.

If both Miami and San Antonio meet in the Finals, it'll be athleticism vs fundamentals basketball, it'll be fun to watch.

Pop>>>>Spo/Riley

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2012 -> 10:13 AM)
The Spurs have really had OKC's number over the last couple of seasons, granted it's regular season games but I think the Spurs advance to the Finals.

If both Miami and San Antonio meet in the Finals, it'll be athleticism vs fundamentals basketball, it'll be fun to watch.

Pop>>>>Spo/Riley

Be interesting if Heat don't win it all this year if they make changes in off-season... I know Riley has always said he won't come back to coaching but you'd think it has to be a possibility.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 23, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
Be interesting if Heat don't win it all this year if they make changes in off-season... I know Riley has always said he won't come back to coaching but you'd think it has to be a possibility.

You know what is kind of crazy? That heat job is taylor made for PhilJax. I just dont know that so many egos could coexist. It would be bizarre to see PJ and Riley working together

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 23, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
You know what is kind of crazy? That heat job is taylor made for PhilJax. I just dont know that so many egos could coexist. It would be bizarre to see PJ and Riley working together

Ugh. Don't even say things like that. it couldn't get worse than Phil putting those mental midgets on the road to multiple titles.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
Ugh. Don't even say things like that. it couldn't get worse than Phil putting those mental midgets on the road to multiple titles.

This x infinity

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)

I certainly don't want it to happen, but I can't discount the idea. Hell, Jerry Sloan is still out there doing nothing too. Seeing Wade blow up on Spoelstra during a playoff game does not make me think that Spoelstra has much time to get it done.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 23, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
Pittman suspended for 3 games.

Haslem suspended for 1 game.

interesting

so indy has a chance to push it to 7

unless granger is still hurting

pittman doesn't matter, but haslem is pretty big

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 23, 2012 -> 06:43 PM)
interesting

so indy has a chance to push it to 7

unless granger is still hurting

pittman doesn't matter, but haslem is pretty big

This really only matters if the Pacers can run a competent offense and get the ball inside (taking advantage of the Heat's lack of size). They ardently refused to do that yesterday while the Heat built their lead.

You know the Eastern Conference sucks when the 76ers are a game away from the EC Finals.

I thought Boston might give Miami trouble but they can't even put away a garbage Philly team...then again, it comes down to match ups and Bosh won't be anywhere near 100%.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
You know the Eastern Conference sucks when the 76ers are a game away from the EC Finals.

I thought Boston might give Miami trouble but they can't even put away a garbage Philly team...then again, it comes down to match ups and Bosh won't be anywhere near 100%.

I BELIEVE PHILLYYYY

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)
I still don't think the sixers are that good. But their defense is stellar. They're undersized and don't have any shot-blockers. But they are extremely quick and athletic.

...and they are very well-coached.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)

Don't forget though, when Boston won their title, they went to 7 games with just about everyone.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)
I still don't think the sixers are that good. But their defense is stellar. They're undersized and don't have any shot-blockers. But they are extremely quick and athletic.

They aren't good. They struggled to beat a Bulls team without Noah and Rose and are now playing an old and beat up Celtics team. Ray Allen clearly isn't healthy and Avery Bradley has missed the last couple of games with an injury.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)

This is just some bs Chris Broussard threw out there during the pregame. This was right before he said he heard the Magic will look to trade Dwight for Bosh and Wade, then took it back as soon as he got laughed at by everyone else on the show.

I can't stand Chris Broussard, and I think he just throws crap at walls until something sticks.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ May 24, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
This is just some bs Chris Broussard threw out there during the pregame. This was right before he said he heard the Magic will look to trade Dwight for Bosh and Wade, then took it back as soon as he got laughed at by everyone else on the show.

I can't stand Chris Broussard, and I think he just throws crap at walls until something sticks.

"Lebron is going to Chicago. It's a done deal, everything else is just a formality now"

-Chris Broussard

f*** that guy