2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
I still don't think the sixers are that good. But their defense is stellar. They're undersized and don't have any shot-blockers. But they are extremely quick and athletic.

C'mon man they beat the #1 seed Bulls, you goota give em some respect

If they beat the Celtics it lessens the blow of losing to them even further.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 24, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
C'mon man they beat the #1 seed Bulls, you goota give em some respect

If they beat the Celtics it lessens the blow of losing to them even further.

That's basically how I feel. I hope they win it all, lol

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 24, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
The Sixers probably play the best defense in the league, because of that they are always in games just like the Bulls. Of course we have (had) D Rose which is the x factor.

Ok, here's my suggestion. Let's say the Celtics finish off the 6ers in game 7...now hear me out...

Can we loan them Thibs for the next series? I seriously wouldn't be mad.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
Ok, here's my suggestion. Let's say the Celtics finish off the 6ers in game 7...now hear me out...

Can we loan them Thibs for the next series? I seriously wouldn't be mad.

I think they are just too old at this point. Nobody in the east can take the Heat right now, but I think both OKC and SA have a real good chance.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 24, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
The Sixers probably play the best defense in the league, because of that they are always in games just like the Bulls. Of course we have (had) D Rose which is the x factor.

When Rose was in we were decimating them.

When Wade is on there just are to many problems for a defense. Its just so hard to deal with a pick and roll, because a big guy like Hibbert gets stuck to far out, or to deep under the basket on the switch.

Im thinking the Heat may sweep the next series. The real test would be a team like OKC, who can play at a similar scoring pace and they have Durant.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 24, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
The Pacers totally took Roy Hibbert out of this series after game 3. That was the only advantage they (Pacers) had. Heat have 4 days off now.

Fixed

Indy didn't even look to go inside during huge stretches these last few games, instead they were chucking up horrible shots. They could've beaten Miami if they played smarter. Unfortunatly for Miami, San Antonio won't make that same mistake, now that's a smart team led by easily the best basketball head coach in the NBA.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 24, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
When Wade is on there just are to many problems for a defense. Its just so hard to deal with a pick and roll, because a big guy like Hibbert gets stuck to far out, or to deep under the basket on the switch.

Im thinking the Heat may sweep the next series. The real test would be a team like OKC, who can play at a similar scoring pace and they have Durant.

Depends on if Bosh plays and is healthy. If he isn't the Celtics or Sixers will steal at least a game.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 24, 2012 -> 11:53 PM)
Depends on if Bosh plays and is healthy. If he isn't the Celtics or Sixers will steal at least a game.

A game? The Pacers took 2 and the Celtics are only going to take 1?

Without Bosh, this could easily go 7. The Celtics are simply a more disciplined team than the Pacers. They can get under the Heat's skin too...but they will also run smarter offense and defense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)

Without Bosh, this could easily go 7. The Celtics are simply a more disciplined team than the Pacers. They can get under the Heat's skin too...but they will also run smarter offense and defense.

Avery Bradley is out for the playoffs and Ray Allen is clearly not healthy and is playing bad basketball. The Celtics aren't a very strong team right now.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 24, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
Pacers may turn the ball overl 20 times tonight.

The worst part about their game is most of the turnovers are bone-headed pass the ball out of bounds turnovers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2012 -> 06:37 AM)

The Pacers are better then Boston.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 26, 2012 -> 10:10 AM)
Boston isn't very good.

ya they got trucked by injuries (bradley had surgery yesterday, allen and pierce very banged up) :( should be an interesting game tonight.

RONDO took over in the 4th.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz