2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Chicago had it right by not double teaming LeBron and Wade...making the rest of the team have to beat you one on one.

Brandon Bass is playing his ass off on defense and they finally realized they need to keep LeBron in front...but they have to rebound and they can't let Bosh run around unguarded.

I love Rondo, he's really impressed me in this series, but he isn't keeping them in the game down the stretch on offense. Need more post touches. Fewer bad shots. Fewer turnovers.

I don't see the foul on Wade on this three point play??

Is it just me, or does Rondo go through stretches when he tries to get cute on drives? It seems like several times a game he has a highly makeable layup but instead of taking it he'll lay it off to the nearest player that may be in a worse spot. It's almost like he needs to be completely clear of the defender to lay it in.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
f*** all the Heat hate. You're not a basketball fan if you're not amped up for LeBron vs Durant for the NBA championship. You probably have to go back to 1991 to find a final that featured by far and away the two best players in the world going at it. I can't wait.

Barkley and MJ?

Not quite sure Charles was still at the top of his game, but close.

Malone and Stockton weren't quite at the top of their games, either.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
Barkley and MJ?

No. MJ vs an old version of Magic Johnson.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 11:05 PM)
Barkley and MJ?

Barkley won the MVP in '93. But you could easily have made a case for Hakeem for best non-Michael player in the league.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)
No. MJ vs an old version of Magic Johnson.

Magic was only 31 during the '91 season. Not young, obviously. But still very much at the top of his game. Pretty sure he led the league in assists and finished second in the MVP voting behind Michael.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 11:13 PM)
f*** all the Heat hate. You're not a basketball fan if you're not amped up for LeBron vs Durant for the NBA championship. You probably have to go back to 1991 to find a final that featured by far and away the two best players in the world going at it. I can't wait.

Iverson vs. Shaq?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)

If the Heat are gonna win, I want it to be because LeBron stepped up and went beast mode on everyone. If they win because of Wade & Bosh's contributions, I will be disappointed about it all. Step the f*** up LeBron.

That being said, Thunder in 6

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
Iverson vs. Shaq?

I know Iverson won the MVP (should've been Shaq). But I never thought he was a top 5 player. He was one of the more inefficient "superstars" ever. I mean Bill Russell type inefficiency.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
Olajuwon/Ewing

Robinson/Ewing

were both top matchups

Hakeem/Ewing was nice. Though Ewing was never viewed as a top 5 player. Robinson/Ewing never saw each other in the finals.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
If the Heat are gonna win, I want it to be because LeBron stepped up and went beast mode on everyone. If they win because of Wade & Bosh's contributions, I will be disappointed about it all. Step the f*** up LeBron.

That being said, Thunder in 6

There will be no choice but for LeBron to step up if the Heat are to win. I don't think people truly recognize the burden LeBron has to bear for that team. I'm so sick of Wade and the free pass he gets for a fluke playoff run 6 years ago. He loafs, cherrypicks, and takes entire first halves of games off frequently. And though Bosh looked great last night, you still don't know if he's back after so much time off. I don't even have to get into the Heat role players . But I agree with you. Thunder are the more complete team and I expect them to take the series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 05:53 PM)
I know Iverson won the MVP (should've been Shaq). But I never thought he was a top 5 player. He was one of the more inefficient "superstars" ever. I mean Bill Russell type inefficiency.

But you know what? He dragged that team single-handedly to the finals. He didn't have a great challenging team in the East, true, but Hell, the #2 guy on that team in minutes was Aaron McKie. Theo Ratliff and Dikembe Mutumbo were the only other guys in double digits in scoring, and they played 76 games between the 2 of them. This looks like a bloody 8th place finishing roster.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 05:28 PM)
I loveeeeeeeee fan trade scenarios

I have very little faith in Bulls management ever being "creative" vs. conservative

Here ya go sleepy.

Watson and Omer to GS for #30

Korver and #29 to Bos for #21

Brewer to Por for #41 or 42

Boozer, Deng and #30 and Por pick to CHA for T2, Maggette, Diop and #2

Barnes or Gilchrist at #2

D. Lamb at #21

Hinrich/Lucas (Rose)

Rip/Lamb

Barnes/Butler/Maggette

Taj/T2

Noah/Diop

Bobcats get better so you might get their pick next year.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
Wow. That '99 season was so garbage I just pretend it never happened (lol@Malone winning the mvp). Well, both players were well past their primes by that point.

Nowitzki/LeBron last year was no garbage.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Nowitzki/LeBron last year was no garbage.

I understand. I think you're kinda missing my point. There have been plenty of great match-ups of individuals in the finals. But rarely do you see one that features the consensus two best players in the game, who also happen to play the same position.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
Wow. That '99 season was so garbage I just pretend it never happened (lol@Malone winning the mvp). Well, both players were well past their primes by that point.

Ewing was injured and didn't play in the finals.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
LeBron.not.clutch.

He is not. That's been proven for years now, I like how he has one good (clutch?) game where he carries a team posts like this show up.

OKC in 5.

Edited by justBLAZE