2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
That Dream Team special they aired tonight was awesome. So many hilarious moments.

It was alright. Nothing really ground-breaking:

1:We've known for years that Michael wanted no part of Isaiah and that's why he was left off the team.

2: We've known for years that Charles says whatever he wants to whenever he wants to.

3: We've known for years that everybody (including the players) thought Christian Laettner being on the team was a joke

4: We've known for years that the Dream Team's opponents were in awe and didn't care about losing by 60.

5: We've known for years that Scottie, at the time, hated Toni Kukoc and made it a point to stick it to Jerry Krause by embarrassing him.

Basically, it's been 20 years and you knew they were going to do some kinda special. It's done now. Time to stop looking back and enjoy what we have today.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)

1:We've known for years that Michael wanted no part of Isaiah and that's why he was left off the team.

2: We've known for years that Charles says whatever he wants to whenever he wants to.

3: We've known for years that everybody (including the players) thought Christian Laettner being on the team was a joke

4: We've known for years that the Dream Team's opponents were in awe and didn't care about losing by 60.

5: We've known for years that Scottie, at the time, hated Toni Kukoc and made it a point to stick it to Jerry Krause by embarrassing him.

Basically, it's been 20 years and you knew they were going to do some kinda special. It's done now. Time to stop looking back and enjoy what we have today.

Jesus, who cares it was awesome.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
Jesus, who cares it was awesome.

I understand nostalgia and all that. I'm just saying, I learned absolutely nothing from this documentary that I didn't already know. It's too bad there were no cell phone cameras and s*** back then. I got the feeling that some of the guys were really diggin' some of the female attention they got. We know Michael stuck his dick in just about anything. I've heard Ewing was the same way. That would've been more entertaining than details of how competitive practice was. We knew that back in 1998.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:49 PM)
I understand nostalgia and all that. I'm just saying, I learned absolutely nothing from this documentary that I didn't already know. It's too bad there were no cell phone cameras and s*** back then. I got the feeling that some of the guys were really diggin' some of the female attention they got. We know Michael stuck his dick in just about anything. I've heard Ewing was the same way. That would've been more entertaining than details of how competitive practice was. We knew that back in 1998.

Were you hoping for a Dream Team sex video?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)

Jeez, who whizzed in your Cheerios?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:49 PM)

I personally prefer the basketball part of the documentary on basketball. Feel free to watch "2 Girls 1 Cup" if you need some sick sh*t.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 08:11 AM)
I personally prefer the basketball part of the documentary on basketball. Feel free to watch "2 Girls 1 Cup" if you need some sick sh*t.

my friend showed me that video, i couldnt watch the whole thing lol way too nasty

I loved Laettners comments about their first practice together when all of the egos clashed and they were all going at each other. Here is Laettner the college hero stepping into a firestorm, that had to be pretty intimidating

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
The Dream Team doc was awesome, just awesome. I'd like to see more actually, I wished it was much longer.

I have it on DVR but saw bits and pieces during Sox game. I had no clue they lost their scrimmage vs college guys. J4L probably did though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
I have it on DVR but saw bits and pieces during Sox game. I had no clue they lost their scrimmage vs college guys. J4L probably did though.

He knows all, wish everyone would stop quoting him. Actually I knew they lost it but I didnt know why, you'll see in the doc.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 08:35 AM)
The part with John Stockton walking through Barcalona completely undetected and unrecognized was absolutely hilarious. As was Chuck's comment about Larry Bird/Budweiser.

ya that was great. loved Chuck Daly getting ready for his interview POPPIN HIS COLLAR. lol. :)

The DT special was very well done and I thoroughly enjoyed it. What Coach K had to say about the first college scrimmage was especially interesting, and I call "BS" on anyone who says that they didn't hear or see something for the first time, particularly the videos and comments from Bobby Hurley about that.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
The DT special was very well done and I thoroughly enjoyed it. What Coach K had to say about the first college scrimmage was especially interesting, and I call "BS" on anyone who says that they didn't hear or see something for the first time, particularly the videos and comments from Bobby Hurley about that.

I knew Jordan played golf every day but I didnt recall it was with the coach who he probably should have hated for all he did to him over the years. I also didnt know that he literally didnt sleep for days on the trip.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:17 AM)
I knew Jordan played golf every day but I didnt recall it was with the coach who he probably should have hated for all he did to him over the years. I also didnt know that he literally didnt sleep for days on the trip.

Me neither, and its funny because I thought of your comments/comparisons in the NHL thread about Jordan and Kane when they showed that.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
Gar expects DRose back sometime next year...If he comes back at say 75% of his former self do you all think they have a chance at making it to the finals??

Not if he's not 100%.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
Gar expects DRose back sometime next year...If he comes back at say 75% of his former self do you all think they have a chance at making it to the finals??

Only if Dwight doesn't go to New Jersey, Roy Hibbert dies, and LeBron's legs fall off.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 04:28 PM)
Only if Dwight doesn't go to New Jersey, Roy Hibbert dies, and LeBron's legs fall off.

Roy Hibbert? I was with you with the other two, but Roy Hibbert?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)
Roy Hibbert? I was with you with the other two, but Roy Hibbert?

The Bulls just lost in 6 to Philadelphia (yeah, I know, Rose was out entirely and Noah missed some games as well. Whatever). If we're going in assuming that Rose isn't his usual 22-4-8 self, Indiana is a tough task, especially since they still have some upside with George, Hibbert and West being a bit more of a factor a year removed from that knee injury.

It depends on exactly what level of not 100% he is at. Less explosive and more jumper-heavy? Limited minutes? Both? We just don't know.

If he can't at least give them 35 MPG and 17-6 or so, teams like Atlanta (they won 40 with Horford missing most of the year) and New York with Lin a full year (just call me J4L) might not be gimmes either.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)
The Bulls just lost in 6 to Philadelphia (yeah, I know, Rose was out entirely and Noah missed some games as well. Whatever). If we're going in assuming that Rose isn't his usual 22-4-8 self, Indiana is a tough task, especially since they still have some upside with George, Hibbert and West being a bit more of a factor a year removed from that knee injury.

It depends on exactly what level of not 100% he is at. Less explosive and more jumper-heavy? Limited minutes? Both? We just don't know.

If he can't at least give them 35 MPG and 17-6 or so, teams like Atlanta (they won 40 with Horford missing most of the year) and New York with Lin a full year (just call me J4L) might not be gimmes either.

Im just saying there are some other players in the league I would name as "If (insert name) wasnt playing, then the Bulls could win the title" reasons before I would name Hibbert.