2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
I honestly prefer grabbing a big man who is better in the pick and roll and can actually make a shot. Defense and energy are easier to find IMO.

Great. How many of those are there in the league?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
It's not that easy to find an athletic, high energy big that can play center, especially with no cap space or high picks. Noah isn't a complete stiff on offense either, he can catch and finish and is actually a good passer and ball-handler for his size. If it were that easy to find someone like him, the Heat wouldn't be giving major minutes to people like Joel Anthony.

In this specific scenario with the Kings they would have a high pick at #5. Drummond or Meyers could replace Noah at C.

or you can just trade Deng and Boozer for Dwight right??? lol id s*** myself if that happened and they got Barnes with the #5.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
Noah is far more polished than either Leonard or Drummond. Drummond is a complete wildcard, I think he shot 29% from the free throw line.

Well obviously he's going to be more polished, he's been in the league for quite some time. Give me a hypothetical, best case scenario for the guy if you happen to stick him next to a great PG and a great coach?

Drummond?

Who knows, I actually prefer Meyers because you have far more understanding of what you are going to get. If your purely looking for a Center who can give good minutes, you can probably be fine with Henson in the 10-15 range.

Drummond was supposed to be a monster, but his impact was severely limited this year. I always have concerns with guys who cant shoot ft's because it generally goes with a player not having a good jump shot, etc.

http://nbadraft.net/players/andre-drummond

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Andre-Drummond-5772/

Id say you are likely getting a guy comparable to DeAndre Jordan, who has potential to be Dwight Howard or could be a complete bust.

I don't know why you'd get rid of your second most valuable player in Noah. I sure as hell don't want that ball-hog Tyreke Evans for Noah, even if it's with the 5th pick.

If you trade anyone, it's Deng and that is if he's tradeable.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 06:22 PM)
I don't know why you'd get rid of your second most valuable player in Noah. I sure as hell don't want that ball-hog Tyreke Evans for Noah, even if it's with the 5th pick.

If you trade anyone, it's Deng and that is if he's tradeable.

The Kings are far enough under the cap that they could absorb Noah's contract for next year, saving the Bulls $5 million or so each of the next 2 years before Evans would need to be extended. That helps too, if for no other reason than JR isn't likely to go into tax territory this year with Rose being out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
The Kings are far enough under the cap that they could absorb Noah's contract for next year, saving the Bulls $5 million or so each of the next 2 years before Evans would need to be extended. That helps too, if for no other reason than JR isn't likely to go into tax territory this year with Rose being out.

I'd rather keep the far superior player than save $5 million.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
Badger what are your thoughts on Miles Plumlee, I know his scoring wasn't there at Duke but he reminds me of a Noahish type player.

He's not even the best Plumlee.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
There is one that wants to be on the Bulls next year....

Noah for Evans and #5

Deng for Pau

CJ for 2nd RD DP

Amnesty Boozer

Draft Barnes at 5

Draft Plumlee in the 2nd

When healthy:

Rose/Hinrich

Evans/Rip

Barnes/Butler

Taj/Plumlee

Pau/Asik

I know the Pau at center has been shot down here but I still think with the great help D Taj brings you can survive with Pau out there playing C.

If we let Evans walk next year would we have enough cap to sign a guy like Harden, Ellis, Martin, or Curry? Could you imagine any of those in Evans spot in the lineup above??? If Barnes pans out that lineup would be effin scary.

I dont really like Plumlee, but I dislike Duke players so its hard for me to be reasonable about him.

If I had to guess, hell be defensive big back up, maybe get 5-10 minutes a game. Not really anything to write home about and he really has a limited ceiling.

If you are talking big man late you might as well try Ezeli or Henry Sims, at least they have upside.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 06:57 PM)
Noah for Evans and #5

Deng for Pau

CJ for 2nd RD DP

Amnesty Boozer

Draft Barnes at 5

Draft Plumlee in the 2nd

When healthy:

Rose/Hinrich

Evans/Rip

Barnes/Butler

Taj/Plumlee

Pau/Asik

I know the Pau at center has been shot down here but I still think with the great help D Taj brings you can survive with Pau out there playing C.

If we let Evans walk next year would we have enough cap to sign a guy like Harden, Ellis, Martin, or Curry? Could you imagine any of those in Evans spot in the lineup above??? If Barnes pans out that lineup would be effin scary.

We've been through this. Rose+Pau+any other kind of salary (ie Taj and a top-5 pick)=no cap space for a legit free agent signing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
Not as athletic as Noah either, pass.

Actually, his measurements at the combine were basically as good as any big man ever. Too bad he is an absolutely garbage basketball player and doesn't use his athleticism at all on the court.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
I figured I was gonna be wrong again somehow....how the hell did Miami get Bosh and James???

They all signed new deals, so they had more flexibility. Pau and Rose are already signed. Pau is going to be making $19 mil in 2013/2014, I don't know the exact number for Rose but it should be at least $18 mil. The Knicks did the same thing, they screwed it up a bit by paying Melo and Amare too much money to fit a 3rd max contract.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
I figured I was gonna be wrong again somehow....how the hell did Miami get Bosh and James???

They had 1 player on their roster when they made that signing, Chalmers, at a minimal salary, and Lebron and Wade still took $10 million less than they could have gotten elsewhere. And the rules regarding trades are more strict, and Pau gets paid more than Lebron or Wade because he's been in the league longer.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
They all signed new deals, so they had more flexibility. Pau and Rose are already signed. Pau is going to be making $19 mil in 2013/2014, I don't know the exact number for Rose but it should be at least $18 mil. The Knicks did the same thing, they screwed it up a bit by paying Melo and Amare too much money to fit a 3rd max contract.

The number I keep seeing is 15.5

At the very least the trade would allow some financial flexibility whereas as stated before they are effed money wise in the future

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
The number I keep seeing is 15.5

At the very least the trade would allow some financial flexibility whereas as stated before they are effed money wise in the future

That can't possibly be right, he'd be in the second year of a contract extension that averages 18.8 mil a year. Next year might conceivably be $15.5, but for 2013/2014 it'd be higher than that.

And it doesn't really improve their flexibility at all. They still don't have any room to make major additions and the team is done as soon as Gasol isn't elite anymore (some would argue he isn't right now).