2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miami has gotten more layups the past two games then I think I've ever seen. Wow. This sucks. I wanted a series and now it looks like Miami will win it easily. Harden has really choked. Sad that ESPN and the major pundits have spent the whole time ripping on Westbrook.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
WTF happened to James Harden? He might be the reason OKC loses this series

Yep, 3 awful games out of 4. They're never going to win if Mario Chalmers out-plays him.

So it looks like LeBron will get his trophy.

This series fell apart quickly for OKC. Reminds me of the Heat's series with the Bulls last year. Nice start, but nothing after that.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
I'm going to call it now. Wade tries to do too much the rest of the way, Lebron misses one or two isolation jumpers, Heat lose by 6.

This was a legit prediction, but ended up being a jinx. OKC just can't execute when it really matters.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:41 PM)
This was a legit prediction, but ended up being a jinx. OKC just can't execute when it really matters.

Not really shocking though, it is pretty much unprecedented for a team this young to be in this position. They will win get theirs down the road.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
How do you let Mario Chalmers burn you this badly?

Thunders perimeter defense is horrid outside thabo, who has to spend the entire game chasing around Lebron or wade. Its disappointing to see two teams with SO much talent that dont know how to use it to make the team greater than sum of their parts.

Everyone needs to calm down about the refs. The Thunder blew that game and James Harden needs to change his name to James Choken. He should stare more people down as he tries his damndest to avoid wde open jumpers. Good for LBJ, he's on one leg and the Thunder were STILL terrified to take it to him.

Thunder are learning the hard way that titles are tough. They need to grow up. LBJ sure did.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
I think most people are just disappointed with game 2 and how it was reffed as it was a home game for OKC, the last 2 games were @ Miami, you expect the benefit to be given to them.

Then most people need to get over it. They had a tie game tonight and James left the game... Mostly. They played stupid. They were also up 33-16 and went into halftime only up three.

Get over the refs. This is on the Thunder.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
Also, Zoom has been absolutely correct. The Thunder have s*** for depth.

They have also become a truly dumb team. That is on Brooks.

Scott Brooks has gotten exposed badly.

I never thought that highly of him as a coach.

Something tells me the Spurs would have given the Heat a much better series.

Depth really doesnst matter that much in the finals, OKC just has people like Fischer (who cares how to spell it) making dumb plays.

Im not sure this series is over though. All of the breaks seem to be going Miami's way (loose balls, etc), maybe it will even out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:59 PM)
Then most people need to get over it. They had a tie game tonight and James left the game... Mostly. They played stupid. They were also up 33-16 and went into halftime only up three.

Get over the refs. This is on the Thunder.

Where am I not over the refs?

Maybe it was my comment that OKC was getting some calls?

If you think the reffing in this series has been good, thats your call. I personally think its been terrible for both sides.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)
Where am I not over the refs?

Maybe it was my comment that OKC was getting some calls?

If you think the reffing in this series has been good, thats your call. I personally think its been terrible for both sides.

In the exact post I quoted you complained about Game 2. You can't lawyer your way out of this one, Brian!