2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
The idea of LeBron coming to Chicago seemed really cool, but in the fiasco it became we found out what a lowlife he and his really are. If it was about winning, he would have come to Chicago. It wasn't, it was about LeBron. I'm glad that the whole world doesn't now hate my team and hate my city.

Why is Lebron at all a lowlife?

Hate the Heat, but Lebron is not a lowlife and it wasnt about Lebron, it was about Wade and him guilt tripping Lebron.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
LeBron earned it. The party photos will be funny. I'm not upset, now the narrative finally changes.

It will be like the credits in The Hangover.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 11:17 PM)
The idea of LeBron coming to Chicago seemed really cool, but in the fiasco it became we found out what a lowlife he and his really are. If it was about winning, he would have come to Chicago. It wasn't, it was about LeBron. I'm glad that the whole world doesn't now hate my team and hate my city.

huh?

You do realize we're just a couple of minutes from seeing Lebron hold the trophy.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)

wtf? lowlife?

Nevermind all the money that went to charity from the decision, but the Heat were in the finals last year and are about to win it this year. Im pretty sure it was all about winning. Three stars is better than two, otherwise I think he would be in Chicago right now had the Miami thing not been able to happen.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)

Hate the Heat, but Lebron is not a lowlife and it wasnt about Lebron, it was about Wade and him guilt tripping Lebron.

I wouldn't call him a lowlife, but he's an epic douche. If calling yourself The King wasn't enough, "The Decision" and the "go back to your every day problems" comments pretty much sealed it for me.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
They're totally different teams and the style of play would be totally different, so it's hard to say. The Bulls play way better defense, but they also don't have nearly as much offensive talent. Last time we saw that matchup, the Heat won a bunch of 88-84 type games because no one on the Bulls could put the ball in the net.

I lay a lot of blame for last year's ECF on Derrick. He of course is the only true scorer on our offense (though a healthy Rip certainly helps) but our offense stalled because we didn't run an offense when he was in the game. It was the "Derrick is going to dribble and try to create" offense. Some of this is a necessary evil, but with the athletes like LeBron available to defend him it just wasn't going to work out when it counted.

This is why you would see us make runs against them with Derrick out both then and this season. While the gutless play of CJ and the frequent inability to pass from JL3 hurt, it was an offense that was much more willing to move the ball and one that didn't seem afraid to take a shot that may have belonged to Derrick.

This is something I hoped to see adjust with more good coaching and may adjust with a more mature Derrick Rose.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:20 PM)
I wouldn't call him a lowlife, but he's an epic douche. If calling yourself The King wasn't enough, "The Decision" and the "go back to your every day problems" comments pretty much sealed it for me.

douche?

#SWAG

Do you hate MJ?

Or is he okay because "hes our epic douche"?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:20 PM)
huh?

You do realize we're just a couple of minutes from seeing Lebron hold the trophy.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:20 PM)
wtf? lowlife?

Nevermind all the money that went to charity from the decision, but the Heat were in the finals last year and are about to win it this year. Im pretty sure it was all about winning. Three stars is better than two, otherwise I think he would be in Chicago right now had the Miami thing not been able to happen.

Do you think LeBron needed "the decision" to make money for charity?

It is and was abundantly obvious that LeBron walked into a much better situation to win and win right away in Chicago. If winning was impossible in Miami he wouldn't have done it, but it was clear that he just wanted to be with his boys in Miami and get out of the shadow of Jordan and the hometown hero Rose. LeBron on the Bulls was by far going to be a more consistent winner than what you have in Miami.

epic douche will work. He is simply self-serving.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:26 PM)
Do you think LeBron needed "the decision" to make money for charity?

It is and was abundantly obvious that LeBron walked into a much better situation to win and win right away in Chicago. If winning was impossible in Miami he wouldn't have done it, but it was clear that he just wanted to be with his boys in Miami and get out of the shadow of Jordan and the hometown hero Rose. LeBron on the Bulls was by far going to be a more consistent winner than what you have in Miami.

epic douche will work. He is simply self-serving.

lol youre crazy man.

You presume Rose wanted Lebron. What indication ever was there that Rose wanted to share the spotlight with Lebron?

Im pretty sure Rose texted him maybe 1 time and his comments were something to the effect of "If he wants to come here thats cool".

Wade and Bosh were begging him to come.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
You presume Rose wanted Lebron. What indication ever was there that Rose wanted to share the spotlight with Lebron?

Im pretty sure Rose texted him maybe 1 time and his comments were something to the effect of "If he wants to come here thats cool".

Wade and Bosh were begging him to come.

I don't give a s*** what Derrick wanted and I think the fact that LeBron was so vulnerable to that sort of thing over just the logic of which team was going to be better upon arrival tells me all I need to know.

I know one thing about Derrick and it's that he would never be opposed to a winning personnel move.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)
I don't give a s*** what Derrick wanted and I think the fact that LeBron was so vulnerable to that sort of thing over just the logic of which team was going to be better upon arrival tells me all I need to know.

I know one thing about Derrick and it's that he would never be opposed to a winning personnel move.

Have you ever met Derrick Rose?

And what exactly is your beef here? That Lebron went to a harder team to win with? Im just not getting where your angle is. If going to the Bulls was easier, then Lebron took the harder road. Vulnerable to what? People saying they want to play with him and that theyll have a good time and win?

When you go out, do you hang with your friends at the bar? Or do you go and sit with strangers who dont want you around?

BTW, I think Miami winning tonight is terrible for the NBA. Like it or not, the hatred of LeBron James brought a new interest to the NBA and I don't think that Miami hatred/mystery of whether LeBron will ever win will persist now that LeBron gets his ring. There will still be SOME vitriol, but the casual fan won't be watching anymore just to see Miami lose now. I'm not sure if this phenomenon lasted long enough to build real fans that would watch regardless of the monolithic storyline.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
What's your point?

The point is people arent really giving great reasons for why they may consider Lebron a low life or be so opposed to him winning a title.

If you want to hate someone, maybe you should consider Wade. The guy who toyed with the Bulls about maybe wanting to play here, just so he could pitch Lebron better on Miami.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
BTW, I think Miami winning tonight is terrible for the NBA. Like it or not, the hatred of LeBron James brought a new interest to the NBA and I don't think that Miami hatred/mystery of whether LeBron will ever win will persist now that LeBron gets his ring. There will still be SOME vitriol, but the casual fan won't be watching anymore just to see Miami lose now. I'm not sure if this phenomenon lasted long enough to build real fans that would watch regardless of the monolithic storyline.

Oh please, people watch the NBA for the stars. Its the only real sport thats completely star driven.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
The point is people arent really giving great reasons for why they may consider Lebron a low life or be so opposed to him winning a title.

If you want to hate someone, maybe you should consider Wade. The guy who toyed with the Bulls about maybe wanting to play here, just so he could pitch Lebron better on Miami.

lol, you're acting like LeBron didn't visit Chicago too.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
I watch the NBA because NCAA is over and so is football. Something has to fill that sports hole.

I meant generally the casual fans. I also use the NBA to hold me over until football returns.