2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
The Hornets are 4-21 on the season. If there's any question about Rose, sit him.

I wouldn't care if they were playing the Miami Heat. If there is any question about Rose you sit him during the regular season. All that matters for a team like the Bulls in the NBA is the playoffs.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferrell To Announce Lineups For Bulls-Hornets

(WSCR) Wednesday’s Bulls-Hornets game just got a little more funny.

Actor Will Ferrell will announce the starting lineups for tonight’s Bulls game in New Orleans.

According to reports, Ferrell is in New Orleans shooting a film called “Dog Fight,” in which he and Zach Galifianakis play rival politicians trying to win an election to represent their small North Carolina congressional district in the United States House of Representatives.

:headbang :headbang

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
Last 5 seasons: only 5 players have averaged 35+ MPG, 15+ PPG, 6+ RPG, 35% from 3... Durant, Anthony, Nowitzki, Gay, and Luol Deng

For awesome stats on Chicago sports, follow @ckamka.

I refuse to believe Lu has averaged 35 mpg over the last 5 full seasons if you count total games in the season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 06:33 PM)
I refuse to believe Lu has averaged 35 mpg over the last 5 full seasons if you count total games in the season.

Well, yeah, but that's not the statistic that was quoted thus rendering your post silly.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 07:11 PM)
The Hornets starting 5 maybe the worst ever.

They introduced Gustavo Ayon first as the starting C and I thought it was part of the movie Will Ferrell was filming.

Then he took the court.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 06:59 PM)
Jeremy Lin: great passer, good feel for the game, can't drive left, no jump shot.

He's yet to play against a good defensive team. But when he does, I'll start judging him.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
Does anyone know what the exact protections are on the Bulls ownership of the Bobcats 1st round pick?

From RealGM

2012 first round draft pick from Charlotte

Charlotte's own 2012 1st round draft pick to Chicago (top-14 protected in the 2012 Draft, top-12 protected in 2013, top-10 protected in 2014, top-8 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft.) [Charlotte - Chicago, 2/18/2010]

In other words, it'll be a while.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Does anyone know what the exact protections are on the Bulls ownership of the Bobcats 1st round pick?

top 14 protected in 2012

top 12 protected in 2013

top 10 protected in 2014

top 8 protected in 2015

unprotected in 2016

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
Dwight just went for 25 and 24 against the Heat. But yes, let's not underestimate Noah's help defense on LeBron. Noah, Deng, that worthless until 2016 Bobcats pick, and another non-Rose related asset for Dwight. Make.it.happen.

Hopefully Thibs coaches Dwight and Rose in the AS game and they can quick sell him on the idea of playing in Chicago, lol

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
Dwight just went for 25 and 24 against the Heat. But yes, let's not underestimate Noah's help defense on LeBron. Noah, Deng, that worthless until 2016 Bobcats pick, and another non-Rose related asset for Dwight. Make.it.happen.

Sorry, if he won't extend then f*** that. Honestly, it's all about extension. I guarantee the Magic would take Noah, Taj, and that pick and we could still keep Deng. No doubt in my mind. But if Dwight refuses to re-sign, we are f***ed. Dwight is a huge p****.

Dwight's a 99% lock to bolt to the Nets next season regardless.

Dwight + Deron + Brooks + early 1st round pick + Sign and Trade either Lopez or Humphries (for say Ryan Anderson), looks like a contender on paper IMO.