2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 11:33 PM)
Sorry, if he won't extend then f*** that. Honestly, it's all about extension. I guarantee the Magic would take Noah, Taj, and that pick and we could still keep Deng. No doubt in my mind. But if Dwight refuses to re-sign, we are f***ed. Dwight is a huge p****.

I keep asking this and not really getting an answer...the old BYC rules had Noah only counting for 1/2 of his salary in a BYC year deal. Is that still the case this year? I'm aware Noah can't be traded at all until March so being annoyed as a previous poster is about how the Bulls haven't gotten a deal done is silly, but I'm trying to figure out if Noah's salary can be used as a match or not.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
Dwight just went for 25 and 24 against the Heat. But yes, let's not underestimate Noah's help defense on LeBron. Noah, Deng, that worthless until 2016 Bobcats pick, and another non-Rose related asset for Dwight. Make.it.happen.

ESPNStatsInfo ESPN Stats & Info

Dwight Howard had 11 pts and 10 reb in the 1st quarter; he's the 1st NBA player this season to record a double-double in game's 1st quarter.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 08:17 AM)
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Jeremy Lin is 1st player since LeBron James in 2003 with 20+ points and 8+ assists in first two NBA starts. He's the Knicks' Victor Cruz.

But unlike the Giants, the Knicks ain't going anywhere.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
I just thought about it. Yes, Luol totally deserves it. Noah, Deng, an all-star, the Bobcats pick, and Mitricot , or however you spell his last name, for Dwight. Yes, this is fair.

You're beating a dead horse

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
I know. I'm being a fool. But just the extremely remote possibility of a Dwight/Rose pairing is too much for me to totally ignore. Man, you're set up for the next 5-6 years with those two in this hideous conference. Shaq/Kobe lite.

Please resume the beating of previously mentioned deceased horse. I will keep the small flicker of hope alive in my mind

Congrats to Luol. Couldn't stand him before last year, but Thibs changed him.

Rondo deserved in over Deron though. And Dirk shouldn't be out west.

And if Noah wasn't injured last year, we'd have 5 current or former All-Stars in the lineup.

And why is Joe Johnson getting a lifetime achievement spot?

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
Please resume the beating of previously mentioned deceased horse. I will keep the small flicker of hope alive in my mind

If Orlando would do it, that'd get done. But that's $25 million Orlando would be taking on.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
What s***: http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=7559982

And rondo over dwill are you crazy? He's been lights out the last few weeks, on a team with Humphries as his best player

Seeing as the NBA takes team record into account and is the reason why Monroe isn't an All-Star and JJ is, D-Will shouldn't be an All-star when his team is that bad and he's the floor general.

Kevin Love last is an exception, as he was an injury replacement and was having historic numbers.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
I know. I'm being a fool. But just the extremely remote possibility of a Dwight/Rose pairing is too much for me to totally ignore. Man, you're set up for the next 5-6 years with those two in this hideous conference. Shaq/Kobe lite.

I just want you to tell me more about the dominant Knicks and how the addition of Tyson makes them as good if not better than the Bulls.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 07:57 PM)
And why is Joe Johnson getting a lifetime achievement spot?

Yeah, that's weak, but SG on the whole are weak. JJ is better than anyone who missed (unless you want to call Paul Pierce a shooting guard).

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Seeing as the NBA takes team record into account and is the reason why Monroe isn't an All-Star and JJ is, D-Will shouldn't be an All-star when his team is that bad and he's the floor general.

Kevin Love last is an exception, as he was an injury replacement and was having historic numbers.

Greg Monroe was clearly the second best center in the East. Hibbert's having a nice year, but Monroe's a freaking beast.

Joe Johnson also has no business in the ASG. I'd rather see Josh Smith instead of him.

Edited by chw42