2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 02:53 AM)
Is that even possible cap wise then?

Anything's possible. They can make the salaries match up in a variety of ways.

The problem for the Magic is that the Bulls simply can't offer an expiring deal. The Bulls can take on Howard and Turkoglu and match those contracts mostly with Deng and Noah, I think (depending on the BYC rules)...but Deng and Noah are under contract for 2.5 and 4.5 years from now. Getting rid of Turkoglu and then taking on $25 million a year in commitments really doesn't clear anything for the Magic in terms of cap space any time in the near future.

That was quick...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,5921701.story

Former Chicago Bulls guard Keith Bogans, who recently hooked on with the New Jersey Nets, reportedly will miss the rest of the NBA season because of a fractured left ankle.

Bogans, who expressed bitterness to the Tribune this week about the manner in which the Bulls released him, also suffered a complete tear of his deltoid ligament Wednesday against Detroit and will have surgery on Monday, the Post's Fred Kerber said in a Twitter report.

Bogans appeared in just five games for the Nets, averaging 4.2 points and 2.2 rebounds.

Are there always this many god-awful teams in the NBA? I see some of these starting lineups and I say to myself, "Wow, that guy was a bum in college, how he is a NBA starter?" Other than the Mavericks in the 90s, I don't rememeber there being this many teams that are this bad.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
Are there always this many god-awful teams in the NBA? I see some of these starting lineups and I say to myself, "Wow, that guy was a bum in college, how he is a NBA starter?" Other than the Mavericks in the 90s, I don't rememeber there being this many teams that are this bad.

You have so many teams now with multiple all-stars. Talent has been consolidated, leaving a lot of teams with one (or no) high level player.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

The only argument I can make for Deng not being a reserve is that he's missed a few games this season.

He's long been underrated, and is now getting some much deserved recognition because of the Bulls' record.

I thought Josh Smith was unlucky FWIW. More deserving than Joe Johnson.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)
Hollinger is pissed that Deng is an all star, he has been b****ing about it all day and on the daily dime.

Yet, he doesn't mind touting Jeremy Lin as the future of the NBA because Lin burned a few putrid teams.

Just look at the players in front of Deng in PER. Hollinger can tout his own stupid stat all he wants, but when most of the New Jersey Nets' starting lineup is in the top 50, it's time to go back to the drawing board because your Player Efficiency Rating is obviously deeply flawed.

The NBA is probably the one sport where you can trust your eyes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 07:17 PM)
Just look at the players in front of Deng in PER. Hollinger can tout his own stupid stat all he wants, but when most of the New Jersey Nets' starting lineup is in the top 50, it's time to go back to the drawing board because your Player Efficiency Rating is obviously deeply flawed.

The NBA is probably the one sport where you can trust your eyes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but but PER does not take defense into account other than defensive rebounding and personal fouls. It's hardly the end-all.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but but PER does not take defense into account other than defensive rebounding and personal fouls. It's hardly the end-all.

It takes rebounds, steals, blocks, and personal fouls into account. That's about it...

My main gripe with Deng getting is it that he's playing worse than he was last year, but getting more credit somehow. He's been underrated for awhile though, so it's tough to get too worked up about him finally getting some respect.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
Jeremy Lin is officially out of control.

Not that he's guaranteed to be a star, but it's a little dumbfounding that no team could figure out that he was a decent player. Did he not get any burn in practice? Is this a product of teams not having any practices during the compressed schedule?

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
My main gripe with Deng getting is it that he's playing worse than he was last year, but getting more credit somehow. He's been underrated for awhile though, so it's tough to get too worked up about him finally getting some respect.

You're CLEARLY not watching him play this season...probably just lookin' at the numbers...

Lin is so solid right now. dantoni sure is riding him like his job is on the line (my lame humor).

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
Not that he's guaranteed to be a star, but it's a little dumbfounding that no team could figure out that he was a decent player. Did he not get any burn in practice? Is this a product of teams not having any practices during the compressed schedule?

He sat on the bench all last year