2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
You're CLEARLY not watching him play this season...probably just lookin' at the numbers...

I've watched the Bulls a decent amount this year (mostly early in the season, not so much the last week or two), but yeah, his shooting is significantly worse this year. There really isn't any disputing that, as it's a completely factual statement.

But like I said initially, he's been underrated for awhile and probably deserved to make it last year, so whatever. Can't get too worked up about it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
Not that he's guaranteed to be a star, but it's a little dumbfounding that no team could figure out that he was a decent player. Did he not get any burn in practice? Is this a product of teams not having any practices during the compressed schedule?

A lot of it is the situation he found himself in.

Stuck behind 2 pretty damn good guards in Ellis and Curry in Golden State.

He's simply a very good fit in D'Antoni's pick and roll offense currently.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)
So what happens when Carmelo & Amare come back and want their 50 shots a game back?

Amare will simply take over Chandler's current role as the big in the pick and roll.

Melo is the bigger question though, and one I've raised before. Ball movement will go down significantly with him back in the lineup.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
linrc.jpg

I told y'all he passed the eye test a few games ago. Thankfully I added him in both of my fantasy leagues after that performance off the bench. He is awesome.

He's been awesome for me this week in a big game in my head to head points league.

Right now I just feel that Lin is like a new pitcher who hasnt been scouted extremely hard. He definitely looks like he can be a solid PG, but once teams start to learn his tendencies, figure out what type of player he doesnt like to be guarded by, spend more time focusing on him on defense, I expect his superstardom to go down a little.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Right now I just feel that Lin is like a new pitcher who hasnt been scouted extremely hard. He definitely looks like he can be a solid PG, but once teams start to learn his tendencies, figure out what type of player he doesnt like to be guarded by, spend more time focusing on him on defense, I expect his superstardom to go down a little.

I agree, but Lin is for real, he belongs in the NBA, no doubt about that.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)

They had Kobe on him down the stretch tonight...

You definitely dont shoot that well for that many nights without having some talent. Even if defenses can stop a lot of the drives, he still can hit open shots and if he can facilitate offense with Melo/Amare he is going to get a ton of looks. The best thing for him now is that he is going to have the confidence to take those open shots in the offense. Definitely going to be a difference maker for the Knicks.

Steve,

I watched the game, over the final 5 minutes how many times did you see Lin go to the side of the court his left hand is on? LA was playing him straight up, I think over the course of the next few games you will see teams force him to beat them taking the ball left and when he does go right, will double team off chandler and have a guy rotate down on to Chandler when he throws the ball to the post. Its how the Knicks stole 2 of the passes.

I guess I dont think hes going to continue to score 30+ points.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
Steve,

I watched the game, over the final 5 minutes how many times did you see Lin go to the side of the court his left hand is on? LA was playing him straight up, I think over the course of the next few games you will see teams force him to beat them taking the ball left and when he does go right, will double team off chandler and have a guy rotate down on to Chandler when he throws the ball to the post. Its how the Knicks stole 2 of the passes.

I guess I dont think hes going to continue to score 30+ points.

Considering usually one player tops does that a season, you really aren't saying anything we don't already know.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
You definitely dont shoot that well for that many nights without having some talent. Even if defenses can stop a lot of the drives, he still can hit open shots and if he can facilitate offense with Melo/Amare he is going to get a ton of looks. The best thing for him now is that he is going to have the confidence to take those open shots in the offense. Definitely going to be a difference maker for the Knicks.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parkesm01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/player...kesm01/gamelog/

Wake me up when Lin has played more than four good games (three of which were against really, really bad opponents [only lumping Utah into the "really, really, really bad opponent" range because they're pretty terrible on the road]).

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)

Wake me up when Lin has played more than four good games (three of which were against really, really bad opponents [only lumping Utah into the "really, really, really bad opponent" range because they're pretty terrible on the road]).

Lin has looked good, but Felix has a point. You aren't gonna keep shooting 57.5% for more than 4 games. Although, his next 6 games don't look so tough so it could keep going: MIN, TOR, SAC, CHA, DAL and NJN

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
Right thats why Im not sure why Steve commented that Kobe was on him. I said that Lin would be a "solid PG".

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ earlier tonight -> 10:28 PM)
but once teams start to learn his tendencies, figure out what type of player he doesnt like to be guarded by, spend more time focusing on him on defense

Um.

No one likes to be guarded by Kobe because he's the f***ing Black Mamba. He was embarassed tonight.

So, um, I used the, um, quote feature (something you don't use) to quote the post I was referring to (which seems to be confusing, I guess?), and brought up the fact that the Lakers put their best defender on Lin and he said "ey yo, I got this yo" boom 38 points, b****es! The Knicks are 4-0 when Jeremy Lin plays big minutes... without Carmelo Anthony... without Amar'e Stoudemire.

Kid can play.

Yo.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 11:06 PM)
Lin has looked good, but Felix has a point. You aren't gonna keep shooting 57.5% for more than 4 games. Although, his next 6 games don't look so tough so it could keep going: MIN, TOR, SAC, CHA, DAL and NJN

No s*** you won't shoot 60% as a guard. The dude will soon be running the pick and roll with Amar'e Stoudemire in the Mike D'Antoni defense. He won't have to score as much for the Knicks to keep winning. He seems like the ultimate point guard... if you need him to do his thing he will, or he'll hit your guys open. Seriously, on a team with any talent the last 3 nights Lin drops 15 dimes like it ain't no thang. Bill Walker missed about 30 open jumpers in that period. Soon Lin will be playing alongside Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e frickin' Stoudemire.

Hell, he's turned Tyson into a legit downlow threat the last 3 games... he's going to have a field day with Amar'e.

Steve Nash has no problem shooting 50%. Lin, sadly, somehow, what the f*** happened, looks like he might be able to be a Nash-light and facilitate this offense in whatever way is needed.

LINSANITY BABY!

f1xnvd.jpg

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)

You're just upset that he's shooting 20% better than Ricky Rubio since he took over the point!