2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 12:39 AM)
Oh and Rip Hamilton needs to learn how to shoot again. He's missing almost all of his long-range shots. His TS% so far looks abysmal (I think it's like .450). I'm sure he'll break out of this slump, but he's not doing anything well right now except leaking out on fast breaks.

HIs career FG% is 45%, and he is currently just over 43%. For 4 games I would say he is doing about average. I di like the fact that the other team does have to pay attention to him, because when they have left him open, he has made the shots. THAT alone is something the Bulls have been lacking for a while.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
HIs career FG% is 45%, and he is currently just over 43%. For 4 games I would say he is doing about average. I di like the fact that the other team does have to pay attention to him, because when they have left him open, he has made the shots. THAT alone is something the Bulls have been lacking for a while.

He's been great with a certain set of shots, stuff near the baseline, but he's seemingly unable to hit a wide open shot farther out on the court. I think those 2 will even out.

I am fine with whatever Rip is doing right now. He is an upgrade over Bogans nonetheless. If you leave him open mid range, he will knock down the shot. He has proven over his career that he can knock down those shots. His shot is just a bit off to start the season. He has also proven that he could hit 40% from 3 point line, albeit on low volume, if we ask him to take 3 or 4 a game, I am still confident that he could hit 35% of them at the end of the season. We do not need him to be a Kobe and knock down ultra difficult mid range shots, if he can get out on fast break and run and distribute, and knock down mid range shots off screens, I think he would do fine. That's something we didn't have last year.

I should also point out that it was fun watching Rip and Korver on the court at the same time, offensively. Though they didn't run the plays like they should, it puts great pressure on the opposing wings having to chase two guys off single and double screens at the same time.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
I should also point out that it was fun watching Rip and Korver on the court at the same time, offensively. Though they didn't run the plays like they should, it puts great pressure on the opposing wings having to chase two guys off single and double screens at the same time.

The important thing for me on this is that it puts Deng on the bench for a few extra minutes a game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
The important thing for me on this is that it puts Deng on the bench for a few extra minutes a game.

As much as I want that to happen, I don't think it's going to change much unless Ronnie Brewer starts playing at a consistent level offensively and knock down shots like he did last night. He is the only current wing outside of Deng who could provide the same type of intensity defensively. Deng still played 42 minutes last night, despite the Bulls holding a double digit lead midway through the 4th quarter, and I didn't see Thibs having any intentions of give Deng more rest, as he didn't take him out of the game when he took Rose out with a minute left. I think it will eventually come back to bite us, especially with this intense schedule. Thibs should look to rest Deng more when he takes him out in the second quarters, and take him out when the game is out of reach, like late in the fourth last night. I think Brewer, Korver, and even Jimmy Butler should get some burns in those situations with the way they are playing right now.

Heck, I was looking for some Scal time when Thibs decided to take Rose out, I believe there was quite a few Bulls fans in attendance last night.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Heck, I was looking for some Scal time when Thibs decided to take Rose out, I believe there was quite a few Bulls fans in attendance last night.

Has he actually been active? The Wizards had a tech called on them the other day because they played a guy who wasn't on the active roster.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Has he actually been active? The Wizards had a tech called on them the other day because they played a guy who wasn't on the active roster.

It would be a travesty if John Brick Lucas is active and Scal isn't. Scal sells tickets, Lucas doesn't.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
As much as I want that to happen, I don't think it's going to change much unless Ronnie Brewer starts playing at a consistent level offensively and knock down shots like he did last night. He is the only current wing outside of Deng who could provide the same type of intensity defensively. Deng still played 42 minutes last night, despite the Bulls holding a double digit lead midway through the 4th quarter, and I didn't see Thibs having any intentions of give Deng more rest, as he didn't take him out of the game when he took Rose out with a minute left. I think it will eventually come back to bite us, especially with this intense schedule. Thibs should look to rest Deng more when he takes him out in the second quarters, and take him out when the game is out of reach, like late in the fourth last night. I think Brewer, Korver, and even Jimmy Butler should get some burns in those situations with the way they are playing right now.

Ya it seemed like it. Everytime Rose touched the ball in the 4th quarter the crowd was chanting MVP.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
I think there were a couple of times last season.

I can't remember the last time I saw an NBA team more than double the other team's points late in the third quarter.

How about 50? I think we might be headed there.