2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope for Memphis's sake that Z-Bo isn't done for the year. The Bulls were already dominating, but that ended the Grizzlies' night at that point.

The Bulls are truly dominant. I say rest Rip as long as he needs so the groin injury doesn't pop up again.

F*ckin' Bulls are awesome!

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Ryan Anderson's got some game this season as well. He's Kevin Love Lite it seems.

Fantasy sleeper. I forgot to draft in one of my leagues and the auto-picker got him for me.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
ASIK is BEASTING tonight. incredible defense.

Boozer even played great defense today. Great team effort tonight. Ronnie Brewer's shot is so much improved. If he keeps playing like this, he has to start over Rip.

The Grizzlies were freaking terrible. It looked like they wanted to give Lionel Collins a heart attack.

Let's see:

Boozer is trying on Defense.

Korver has looked like he's improved his ball handling.

Brewer has clearly worked on his shot.

Bogans became Rip.

Butler is there to spell guys.

Rose's vision and playmaking for others has improved too.

Where's the weakness?

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)
Brewer is a different player this year. Very impressive.

This.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
The Bulls are truly dominant. I say rest Rip as long as he needs so the groin injury doesn't pop up again.

This.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
I hope for Memphis's sake that Z-Bo isn't done for the year. The Bulls were already dominating, but that ended the Grizzlies' night at that point.

F*ckin' Bulls are awesome!

Seriously? Good god.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)
So unsurprising. The Kings were absolute idiots for drafting him that high. There was no way he was going to behave.

Reckon Boston would be the ideal fit for him, KG would probably keep him in line until he retired.

Not really sure what SAC would want in return though. They're pretty deep in most spots, but no real star quality.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 02:28 AM)
If Rubio wins the ROY, the 2009 Draft Class will have 3 ROYs

Also, I suggest the nickname "Ricky 'Rifle' Rubio" as he is similar to Maravich.

He just has ridiculous vision, creativity and a high I.Q. on the court. Should be starting soon as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 03:33 AM)
He's honestly an absolute blast to watch.

Between him and Rubio, the Wolves are becoming a truly entertaining team to watch. I strongly recommend giving them a shot with the free League Pass preview to anyone that hasn't watched them yet.

Or just watch this:

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 02:28 AM)
Also, I suggest the nickname "Ricky 'Rifle' Rubio" as he is similar to Maravich.

Other than the hair and I guess the flair on the court, he's not really that similar to Maravich at all.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 08:33 AM)
Between him and Rubio, the Wolves are becoming a truly entertaining team to watch. I strongly recommend giving them a shot with the free League Pass preview to anyone that hasn't watched them yet.

Or just watch this:

Other than the hair and I guess the flair on the court, he's not really that similar to Maravich at all.

I'll watch them the next time they get a Chicago Bulls beatdown;)

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:24 AM)
I'll watch them the next time they get a Chicago Bulls beatdown;)

This Wolves team is actually pretty damn good. They've been in every game so far and a lot of the games were against tough opponents.

Basketball-Prospectus had the Wolves as the 8th seed in their pre-season predictions. I'd think they have a legit shot at the playoffs right now. Especially since Randolph could be out for a while for the Grizzlies.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
This Wolves team is actually pretty damn good. They've been in every game so far and a lot of the games were against tough opponents.

Basketball-Prospectus had the Wolves as the 8th seed in their pre-season predictions. I'd think they have a legit shot at the playoffs right now. Especially since Randolph could be out for a while for the Grizzlies.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
Let's see:

Boozer is trying on Defense.

Korver has looked like he's improved his ball handling.

Brewer has clearly worked on his shot.

Bogans became Rip.

Butler is there to spell guys.

Rose's vision and playmaking for others has improved too.

Where's the weakness?

But...they aren't athletic enough :huh

BTW, the Heat are 5-0 but aside from a very different Mavs team and a Pierce-less Celtics, they haven't really impressed me...Bulls beat the Lakers, Clippers and Grizzlies, teams that are supposed to make some noise in the WC.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)

I was just messing with Felix