2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
Teddy Greenstein ‏ @TeddyGreenstein

Deng's wrist is fine and D-Rose's back is so good, he says he didn't even get treatment in Orlando. #Bulls

Which is why Thibs had them both on the bench in the AS game. Thought they were too healthy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)

Thibs says Rip is a gametime decision: "He looks great in practice, but there’s a huge difference between the game and practice." #bulls

Wait until he's absolutely, 100% ready to go. Why even chance it? Give these guys about 20 games to finish the season and that should be enough to get their timing down.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)

Thibs says Rip is a gametime decision: "He looks great in practice, but there’s a huge difference between the game and practice." #bulls

Don't want to see Rip until he is positively 100% healthy.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
Wait until he's absolutely, 100% ready to go. Why even chance it? Give these guys about 20 games to finish the season and that should be enough to get their timing down.

If he looks great in practice then how much longer can you wait to find out if he is 100%? You can't know it unless he plays.

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 01:05 PM)
If he looks great in practice then how much longer can you wait to find out if he is 100%? You can't know it unless he plays.

One answer to this problem might be to give him 5-10 minutes in a game just to get the feel for it, but for whatever reason, that isn't Thibs's style.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)
One answer to this problem might be to give him 5-10 minutes in a game just to get the feel for it, but for whatever reason, that isn't Thibs's style.

Thibs has always been a guy who will play you if you earn it in practice and tell him you can play(ie. not injured)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
Thibs has always been a guy who will play you if you earn it in practice and tell him you can play(ie. not injured)

Normally, I'd question this and say that it would make more sense to ease him back in, but I'm not going to question Thibs at all right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
Well except Jake Peavy, who he balled out for wanting to shut it down.

I prefer to try to forget about Ozzie 2011. That guy was not "playing for the White Sox". I'm glad he's gone, but I'll remember his tenure here fondly.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
Ozzie had his faults, but I always liked his policy that when an injured guy says he's ready, then he still gets another day off.

That rule went out the window the last couple years. But yes, I liked it too.

link

Can the Bulls serious, economical approach prevail over Miami’s flair and self indulgence? LeBron James had 36 points and seven dunks, including several powerful rim shakers, and Dwyane Wade had a triple-double, just the third in All-Star history after James and Jordan.

But both James and Wade made crucial turnovers in the last 1:19 when the East had a chance to tie or take the lead. Both Derrick Rose and Luol Deng sat out the fourth quarter, preferring to concentrate on the games that matter.

James and Wade danced onto the stage in the pregame introductions, while Rose walked on respectfully and Deng proudly displayed a t-shirt with a picture of Africa.

For James and Wade, though they’ve toned down the act some this season, it seems almost a need to put on a show and show off, the daily look-at-me routine that was in full force Sunday as they spent much of the game throwing lob passes to one another for dunks.

For the Bulls two All-Stars, it was more a feeling of getting this over with and getting back to the serious job of basketball.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)

I kinda go both ways with this. Part of me says it's great that Rose is so serious. The other part of me says, learn to relax and have some fun. I'm not sure when the All-Star game became so serious. First this nonsense about Lebron not wanting to take the final shot in an exhibition game, and now Rose thinking it's dumb to dance during an entertainment-centered introduction.

In the grand scheme none of this means anything. If the Bulls lose again they lose, regardless of how serious Rose takes it or how showey-offey Lebron and Wade are. I mean, I can totally get behind the message that Lebron continues to underachieve because he doesn't take things as seriously as a guy like Rose. But at the end of the day it's going to be about talent and skills, not who works harder.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
I kinda go both ways with this. Part of me says it's great that Rose is so serious. The other part of me says, learn to relax and have some fun. I'm not sure when the All-Star game became so serious. First this nonsense about Lebron not wanting to take the final shot in an exhibition game, and now Rose thinking it's dumb to dance during an entertainment-centered introduction.

In the grand scheme none of this means anything. If the Bulls lose again they lose, regardless of how serious Rose takes it or how showey-offey Lebron and Wade are. I mean, I can totally get behind the message that Lebron continues to underachieve because he doesn't take things as seriously as a guy like Rose. But at the end of the day it's going to be about talent and skills, not who works harder.

Oh my goodness. We agree. But anything is better than reading about Jeremy Lin.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
BULLS VS THE VAUNTED HORNETS TONIGHT I AM EXCITE FOR ANOTHER 30 POINT LEAD IN THE SECOND QUARTER GO BULLS JIZZ

I'm actually excited to see this Gustavo Ayon cat, he's Mexican, just like me!