2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
What do you even call this one? Good win?

Says a lot about their confidence and believing in themselves/each other. Kinda similar to the win over the lakers.

Not pretty, nor ideal, but a better team just beat a pretty good team.

And Rose is a beast.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
I didn't watch most of it, but the Hawks were, what, 4-1 and coming off beating the Heat? Good win.

If you didn't watch most of it, then you can't fully grasp the fact the Bulls had no business winning this game. That said, good teams win games they shouldn't.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
If you didn't watch most of it, then you can't fully grasp the fact the Bulls had no business winning this game. That said, good teams win games they shouldn't.

They had no business being remotely close to winning this game. That was crazy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)

They scored 37 points the first 3 quarters. 34 in the fourth.

When Derrick Rose wants to win, he wins. Except when he is guarded exclusively by LeBron James or playing the Golden State Warriors.

The Hawks choked so badly. I think they shot like 55% from the FT line. No way the Bulls win this one on the road. The home crowd really made the Hawks tense at the line.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
What do you even call this one? Good win?

these boys never EVER lose faith in themselves.

I have YET to see this team phone one in like I see so often with the Sox and Bears.

I call it "an absolute JOY to behold".

I wish they were all like this.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
these boys never EVER lose faith in themselves.

I have YET to see this team phone one in like I see so often with the Sox and Bears.

I call it "an absolute JOY to behold".

I wish they were all like this.

The Grizzlies were in a similar situation two nights ago and they quit after a quarter and a half.

This Bulls team just doesn't quit.

The first half looked like Helen Keller and Michael J. Fox playing a game of Jenga. Then after the Bulls looked like they were about to get blown out, Rose somehow willed them back into the game single-handedly.

I remember there was a time when Brandon Jennings was good at basketball. I remember he was scoring the ball at will for the first 10 games or so in his rookie season, including a 55 point monster game against the Warriors, some folks were hyping a D-Rose vs B-Jennings rivalry in the central division for years to come.

I looked at the box score tonight and realized how far he has fallen since then. He shot 37% and 32% from the field and behind the arc last season, and is shooting 23% from threes before going 4 for 19 from the field and 0 for 7 from distance tonight. He is just really bad at basketball, especially shooting. If he is not a good distributor and cannot shoot better than 40/30 in percentage, then he is a cancer to the offense given his usage rate. It's just sickening for the Bucks fan knowing that Stephen Jackson, a career 41% shooter, and the aforementioned Jennings will be taking half of their shots every night.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)
Then after the Bulls looked like they were about to get blown out, Rose somehow willed them back into the game single-handedly.

All due respect to our MVP, Omer had a little something to do with this comeback as well. Defensively, he nearly killed himself for us tonight. He looked like he was about to collapse every time the camera cut to him on timeouts and such. (9 rebounds, 3 blocked shots, a steal, and a partridge in a pear tree.)

Edited by SouthSideTeacher

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 12:11 AM)
All due respect to our MVP, Omer had a little something to do with this comeback as well. Defensively, he nearly killed himself for us tonight. He looked like he was about to collapse every time the camera cut to him on timeouts and such. (9 rebounds, 3 blocked shots, a steal, and a partridge in a pear tree.)

He was balling his ass off. Even got the refs to overturn a call.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Well, I turned it off for a reason.

I waited way too long for the Bulls this year and have way too much faith in Derrick Rose to shut any Bulls game off... time and time again he proves that turning off a game in which he's playing is never a good idea.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
All due respect to our MVP, Omer had a little something to do with this comeback as well.

Omer had a fine game, but until he learns to watch his backside teams are going to continue to alley-oop on his ass at will.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 08:10 AM)
Omer had a fine game, but until he learns to watch his backside teams are going to continue to alley-oop on his ass at will.

I could be wrong but actually though Taj was getting ooped on. Asik has hands of stone and no excuse to miss that put back in the 4th. Wish he would just grab, set, dunk.

Obviously last night's game showed that the Bulls need Rip Hamilton if they want to not look like the team that lost in 5 to the Heat last year. Kyle Korver had me reliving that nightmare with his missing of wide open f***ing 3's (seriously, if you can't hit those, be the f*** gone, man). Ronnie Brewer's brief streak from deep was long gone as he was shooting worse from deep than I do in my Thursday night league.

Rip isn't the perfect answer, but at least he's not afraid to step up in the big game with a big shot. As some posters already stated, just let the man rest and be 100% in a week or so, even if these games in a shortened schedule are crucial.

I wish like hell Joakim Noah were right, but something is still very, very off with him. He's a shell of the player we saw in the first half last year. Suffice to say, this team is going to once again lean extremely hard on Derrick Rose all season long.

Edited by Steve9347