2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
That would be awful.

It is inevitable. These guys look for every way to squeeze pennies out of the teams. Get ready for the Euroleague soccer-type jerseys

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
Yeah, in my mind the only question is which sport would do it first.

if i had to put my money on it, I would say Hockey - Basketball - NFL/MLB(cant decide which would go first)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
if i had to put my money on it, I would say Hockey - Basketball - NFL/MLB(cant decide which would go first)

I'm guessing baseball will be last, just because they always are. I think once one sport does, the rest will fall quickly as the stigma will be gone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 09:21 AM)
I'm guessing baseball will be last, just because they always are. I think once one sport does, the rest will fall quickly as the stigma will be gone.

There was an ad on the side of the helmets in this morning's Mariners/A's game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
David Stern endorses relaxing the goaltending rule to allow the ball to be touched while above the rim but not touching it.

It doesnt matter how relaxed the rule is, the Refs will f*** this one up.

If the Bulls are going to have a shot at really winning this whole thing, it is important that they get everyone in the lineup by the end of the week. Rose might only need a few days, but the reality is Hamilton will need some time and the team will also need some time to re-gel with the players (both on offense and in terms of defensive rotations). They are good enough that they might be able to get through a 1st round opponent but in the latter rounds, giving these guys 15-17 games in which they've all played together will be huge.

I'd be damn careful to limit Rose & Hamilton's minutes early though.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)

That's how I see it, with MLB going last.

But please no. I like to keep the field (not OF wall, side walls, etc.) free of ads. That includes the uniforms.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
If the Bulls are going to have a shot at really winning this whole thing, it is important that they get everyone in the lineup by the end of the week. Rose might only need a few days, but the reality is Hamilton will need some time and the team will also need some time to re-gel with the players (both on offense and in terms of defensive rotations). They are good enough that they might be able to get through a 1st round opponent but in the latter rounds, giving these guys 15-17 games in which they've all played together will be huge.

I'd be damn careful to limit Rose & Hamilton's minutes early though.

Hamilton does have a shot at being back tonight, supposedly, he's now practicing with contact.

I can see them surviving if Rose misses more time, because I don't think they really need to "Gel" with him...but Hamilton has to get the time in this system.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
I feel like the Bulls even without Rose can beat anyone in the East except the Heat obviously. The only team that might give them trouble would be Orlando.

The Pacers would also put at least 2 players down with injuries, that would be very tough.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
The Pacers would also put at least 2 players down with injuries, that would be very tough.

Yeah, I think the series would be tough but it's kind of sad that both the Heat and Bulls could lose their best player and very easily still remain the 2 best teams in the conference....

I feel like the Bulls even without Rose can beat anyone in the East except the Heat obviously. The only team that might give them trouble would be Orlando.

You do know they beat the Heat without Rose.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)
You do know they beat the Heat without Rose.

Right, which was one of the reasons I feel like they could be the 2nd seed even without Rose... maybe if not 2nd in the top 4. But cmon we have no chance vs the Heat in a series no Rose.