2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
Obviously last night's game showed that the Bulls need Rip Hamilton if they want to not look like the team that lost in 5 to the Heat last year. Kyle Korver had me reliving that nightmare with his missing of wide open f***ing 3's (seriously, if you can't hit those, be the f*** gone, man). Ronnie Brewer's brief streak from deep was long gone as he was shooting worse from deep than I do in my Thursday night league.

Rip isn't the perfect answer, but at least he's not afraid to step up in the big game with a big shot. As some posters already stated, just let the man rest and be 100% in a week or so, even if these games in a shortened schedule are crucial.

I wish like hell Joakim Noah were right, but something is still very, very off with him. He's a shell of the player we saw in the first half last year. Suffice to say, this team is going to once again lean extremely hard on Derrick Rose all season long.

Agreed on Noah, not sure what's going on. He never gave you a ton offensively, it was always his defense, which is really off. He consistently gets beat now. Hopefully it's just conditioning and he can figure it out.

Kinda surprised about Boozer's no show last night. He's been really solid so far this season.

I also think it's time the Bulls start the PR campaign for Deng to be an all-star. Obviously Rose does, and should, get the majority of the praise. But even with Rose this team isn't a contender without Deng. He's been the MVP (or at worst co-MVP) of the Bulls so far this season with his late-game heroics and great defensive play.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
If you didn't watch most of it, then you can't fully grasp the fact the Bulls had no business winning this game. That said, good teams win games they shouldn't.

This

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
In the last 2 seasons the Bulls are an NBA-best +221 in the 4th.

Translation...they tighten up the D and create offense from defense.

Maybe they should take a page from the MJ Bulls and turn up the defensive pressure in the 3rd and coast to an easy win instead of of waiting til the 4th but anywho, I'll take it.

Deflating loss for the Hawks tho, Bulls had no business even being in position to pull it out :headbang

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
Obviously last night's game showed that the Bulls need Rip Hamilton if they want to not look like the team that lost in 5 to the Heat last year. Kyle Korver had me reliving that nightmare with his missing of wide open f***ing 3's (seriously, if you can't hit those, be the f*** gone, man). Ronnie Brewer's brief streak from deep was long gone as he was shooting worse from deep than I do in my Thursday night league.

Rip isn't the perfect answer, but at least he's not afraid to step up in the big game with a big shot. As some posters already stated, just let the man rest and be 100% in a week or so, even if these games in a shortened schedule are crucial.

I wish like hell Joakim Noah were right, but something is still very, very off with him. He's a shell of the player we saw in the first half last year. Suffice to say, this team is going to once again lean extremely hard on Derrick Rose all season long.

I do not believe this nonsense

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
I love me some Lu, but he's not a superstar. Anyone hoping he'll be an All-Star is probably crazy as well.

He is an All-Star-caliber player. He won't make the All Star game because he isn't a household name, but he is one of the more complete players in the NBA. And I would argue he is one of the top 30 overall players in the game, probably right at 30. That is definitely All-Star caliber.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
ray allen? that s*** cray

In a super-short season, I will base my vote off of what has happened thus far.

Thus far, Ray Ray be going cray-cray. I mean, apes***, game change f*** your mother cray-cray.

20.0 on 56.5%, 3.7 3's per game on 61.1 %!

Edited by Steve9347

Noah, Boozer Still Searching For Chemistry

Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah combined to play just 4 seconds in the fourth quarter of Tuesday’s 76-74 win over the Hawks with all four coming from Noah, who threw the game-winning pass to Luol Deng with 3.7 seconds left.

"We're worried about winning," Boozer said. "I think we've been playing great this season on the floor together. And we're going to continue to play great."

Their spacing on the floor looks off, and they increasingly look frustrated at times together, especially on the defensive end. For his part, Noah admits that he has to pick up the slack.

"I think I need to rebound better," Noah said. "And do better defensively. Play better defense."

Via Nick Friedell/ESPNChicago.com

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
i dont know what music they are playing in DET tonight but it is the most annoying sound in the world....

It's there to make sure nobody realizes there's NOBODY at the game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
It's there to make sure nobody realizes there's NOBODY at the game.

I wish i'd had the presence of mind to grab some tickets. I'm still on vacation and a trip to see the boys on the road might have been a nice time.

#droppedtheball

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
I wish i'd had the presence of mind to grab some tickets. I'm still on vacation and a trip to see the boys on the road might have been a nice time.

#droppedtheball

You took a vacation to Detroit?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
You took a vacation to Detroit?

hahah, HELL NO. I meant that I'm still on my winter break here in Chicago--- but a quick trip to see the Bulls kick ass in Detroit tonight would have been 47 times more fun than lesson planning at Starbucks for 6 hours.

FAIL.