2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Wow, after tonight's game, the Bulls go through a stretch of 5 days with only 1 game. It's an April Miracle.

Play the Celtics on thursday, rough game if there's no Rose there too, but good respite and chance to recover without a lot of games for Hamilton and Rose.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 07:51 AM)
Bulls are up 10 games on the Pacers, so barring an epic collapse they're guaranteed a top 4 seed. Sit Rose until he's absolutely 100%. There's nothing to be gained from him coming back and getting re-injured before the playoffs or in the first or second round of the playoffs.

The Bulls are up 2 games on the Heat in the loss column with a little over a dozen games left, if the Bulls/Heat split their H2H games, I think a Rose less Bulls hang on for the top seed in the EC.

Looking at the Thunder's schedule, they have more road games than home games remaining so the Bulls still have an excellent shot at the top seed overall, even without DR.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)
Wow, after tonight's game, the Bulls go through a stretch of 5 days with only 1 game. It's an April Miracle.

Play the Celtics on thursday, rough game if there's no Rose there too, but good respite and chance to recover without a lot of games for Hamilton and Rose.

They have led the NBA in games played all year long. It is time for that to even out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 09:25 AM)
jon greenberg ‏ @espnchijon

Bulls hadn't lost consecutive regular season games since dropping Ls at Golden State and Portland on Feb. 5 & 7, 2011. Eighty-six games.

That streak was second-longest in NBA history. Utah went 95 from 97-99.

And with Boston on Thursday, they're staring at a ready-made 3 game skid.

Can anyone explain to me why CJ Watsons head has been squarely up his ass for the better part of the past month? His disappearing act has forced Lucasanity upon us, and opposing teams love it when Lucas is in the game, jacking ill advised shots and being unable to play competent defense because of his size.

Last night you could tell Thibs had enough of Boozer.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 07:13 AM)
Can anyone explain to me why CJ Watsons head has been squarely up his ass for the better part of the past month? His disappearing act has forced Lucasanity upon us, and opposing teams love it when Lucas is in the game, jacking ill advised shots and being unable to play competent defense because of his size.

Because when he starts for an extended time he just isn't good. He turns into an incredibly inefficient player. That is why he is a bench guy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
Because when he starts for an extended time he just isn't good. He turns into an incredibly inefficient player. That is why he is a bench guy.

The media should stop telling us that CJ is a starter on many other teams

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 10:10 AM)

The media should stop a lot of things. You should mostly stop listening to the media. Hell, last night orange-skin Dave Kaplan ranted about the many reasons Kansas would win against Kentucky!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 08:10 AM)

He does start on some teams. It would just happen to be on some pretty bad teams. He's a good bench player and a lousy to mediocre starter.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)

I haven't been impressed with CJ since he came back from the concussion. I wonder if he has really been healthy, or it just playing to bridge the gap until Rose is back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
I haven't been impressed with CJ since he came back from the concussion. I wonder if he has really been healthy, or it just playing to bridge the gap until Rose is back.

I believe he had an ankle thing as well, right? I'll bet there's a whole lot of gap-bridging happenign.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
I believe he had an ankle thing as well, right? I'll bet there's a whole lot of gap-bridging happenign.

Going back through Google, I see a wrist injury, elbow, and shoulder this year... Plus the concussion.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)
Going back through Google, I see a wrist injury, elbow, and shoulder this year... Plus the concussion.

So yeah, he's probably "Biting the bullet" so that the MVP can stay on the bench.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
The media should stop a lot of things. You should mostly stop listening to the media. Hell, last night orange-skin Dave Kaplan ranted about the many reasons Kansas would win against Kentucky!

Kaplan is unbearable to me. I usually can only stand him for so long when he hosts CTL, i prefer Boyle and Schanowski much much more.

If I am gonna be told by you to stop listening to the media, then you need to stop posting that the media is telling you that Rose is done for the rest of the regular season. :D

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
Kaplan is unbearable to me. I usually can only stand him for so long when he hosts CTL, i prefer Boyle and Schanowski much much more.

If I am gonna be told by you to stop listening to the media, then you need to stop posting that the media is telling you that Rose is done for the rest of the regular season. :D

I didn't say that had anything to do with the media. The media has said absolutely every possible scenario for Rose. I initially posted in here the first game Rose missed that the injury might be way worse than they were making it out to be since he was sitting on a big ass pad on his chair on the bench and he said it was the "worst day of his life".