2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 02:59 PM)
He was bad but we also have to get a f***in rebound at the end of OT. Ridiculous.

That includes him. He got stripped, then stood around and did nothing during the Knicks last possession...didn't guard, didn't try to rebound...just stood around watching.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
That includes him. He got stripped, then stood around and did nothing during the Knicks last possession...didn't guard, didn't try to rebound...just stood around watching.

Ya. I guess Carmelo was playing the role of Mario Chalmers today.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
What happened to Hamilton? Didn't see him down the stretch, what did I miss?

I assumed that he had reached his minutes limit.

It's clear that Derrick had overreached his conditioning as well, he just might still have been better than an aching CJ Watson/healthy JL3

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
Hence his absolute worthlessness.

Isn't that cause they are still limiting his minutes. He made some really nice passes last night and when I've watched him has played pretty good. The problem is he's just been hurt.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
Isn't that cause they are still limiting his minutes. He made some really nice passes last night and when I've watched him has played pretty good. The problem is he's just been hurt.

Yeah, you don't really want to risk anything right now with Hamilton.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
I assumed that he had reached his minutes limit.

It's clear that Derrick had overreached his conditioning as well, he just might still have been better than an aching CJ Watson/healthy JL3

Derrick was clearly better than CJ/JL3 already in the 2nd half last night.

There were just plays/mistakes that he usually makes that he couldn't make last night. He got pickpocketed while driving the lane about half a dozen times it seemed like, and there were several times when he was close to the rim, put up a floater, and missed it, where I'm so used to seeing him make that shot that it was hard to believe he missed it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
Derrick was clearly better than CJ/JL3 already in the 2nd half last night.

There were just plays/mistakes that he usually makes that he couldn't make last night. He got pickpocketed while driving the lane about half a dozen times it seemed like, and there were several times when he was close to the rim, put up a floater, and missed it, where I'm so used to seeing him make that shot that it was hard to believe he missed it.

He also had 2-3 lead passes that were way off. That stuff comes back though once you get acclimated to the speed of the game. I thought the first and second half were night and day in terms of his play.

Not to dwell on that game Sunday, but I am a little concerned that the last week or so the Bulls have played pretty terribly on the defensive end. Hopefully it's not fatigue, because the "real" season hasn't even begun yet. They're able to mount comebacks because their 2nd unit almost always dominates the other teams' second unit, but that becomes less of an advantage in the playoffs, and specifically with the Heat since 99% of the time either Lebron or Wade are on the floor.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
He also had 2-3 lead passes that were way off. That stuff comes back though once you get acclimated to the speed of the game. I thought the first and second half were night and day in terms of his play.

Not to dwell on that game Sunday, but I am a little concerned that the last week or so the Bulls have played pretty terribly on the defensive end. Hopefully it's not fatigue, because the "real" season hasn't even begun yet. They're able to mount comebacks because their 2nd unit almost always dominates the other teams' second unit, but that becomes less of an advantage in the playoffs, and specifically with the Heat since 99% of the time either Lebron or Wade are on the floor.

The only worry the Bulls have in terms of winning games before the end of the season is the Heat/Thunder catching them in record. Until then, they need to stay healthy and re-learn to play together.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 09:47 AM)

The Bulls defense was legit last night. They held the Knicks to horrendous shooting during the 3rd and 4th quarters and even the 2nd quarter fg% was low. The only reason they won that game was because of the Bulls turnovers (which is why the Knicks jumped out to that 21 point lead and why they had the fg% they did) and the fact that they couldn't make free throws.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
The Bulls defense was legit last night. They held the Knicks to horrendous shooting during the 3rd and 4th quarters and even the 2nd quarter fg% was low. The only reason they won that game was because of the Bulls turnovers (which is why the Knicks jumped out to that 21 point lead and why they had the fg% they did) and the fact that they couldn't make free throws.

Just feels like recently they've been a step slow to start games. OKC, Houston and again Sunday. Even against Boston they weren't very sharp to start. Yesterday was more of the same, especially the first quarter.

And if JR Smith could hit the broad side of a barn the Bulls lose that game by 10-15.