2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
HOLY CRAP. That DRose fall was hard enough to hurt MY soul. Dear God.

I'm listening on the radio and I heard the thud when he fell.

He made both free throws, so he should be okay. Our season was nearly over there.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Greg Monroe is pretty damn good. Glad I took him in one of my drafts.

Yup. That was an easy sleeper. Derrick Favors is another stud waiting to explode. But f*** did I drop the ball on Ryan Anderson. I had him on my radar. He kept going earlier than I expected.

Oh, and LeBron is f***ing sick. If my math is correct, he's shooting 60% from the field so far this season.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Yup. That was an easy sleeper. Derrick Favors is another stud waiting to explode. But f*** did I drop the ball on Ryan Anderson. I had him on my radar. He kept going earlier than I expected.

Oh, and LeBron is f***ing sick. If my math is correct, he's shooting 60% from the field so far this season.

Autopick got Anderson for me in the Soxtalk Yahoo league.

I had no idea he was going to get this many minutes. He was a waiver pickup in my 10 team league. He's been my second best player.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
Xrays negative on derrick *exhale*

@dan_bernstein:

Thibs will now have DRose sprint thru traffic to the airport, play Russian roulette on the flight, and eat raw chicken upon arrival.

If it didn't hit so close to home, i'd laugh.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 05:54 PM)
Noah, Boozer Still Searching For Chemistry

Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah combined to play just 4 seconds in the fourth quarter of Tuesday’s 76-74 win over the Hawks with all four coming from Noah, who threw the game-winning pass to Luol Deng with 3.7 seconds left.

"We're worried about winning," Boozer said. "I think we've been playing great this season on the floor together. And we're going to continue to play great."

Their spacing on the floor looks off, and they increasingly look frustrated at times together, especially on the defensive end. For his part, Noah admits that he has to pick up the slack.

"I think I need to rebound better," Noah said. "And do better defensively. Play better defense."

Via Nick Friedell/ESPNChicago.com

When I see Noah on defense this year, he's having to recover whoever Boozer blew his assignment on and it forces him to be late, I'd be overly aggressive and foul. When Taj was starting Noah didn't have to worry about that. It's a problem going back into last season.

It seems Derrick's three point shot is as streaky as ever. If it comes, he can hit three or four in a row, but most of the time he's short or flat on those jumpers until he gets on a hot streak.

Some poster proposed earlier that Rose should eliminate the three point shot like Lebron did this season. While I don't buy that he has to eliminate completely, because he is a better shooter than Lebron, I do think that he has no business of taking 4, 5, or 6 shots behind the arc every night. He is not a pure shooter, he will never shoot 40% or even 38% from long range. I think what could actually take him to the next level is working the post game. He is bigger, stronger, and more athletic than most point guards in this league, there is no reason he couldn't take smaller guards in the post and convert a high percentage if he so choose to. I think he just need to work on that part of his game. If he wants to be more efficient, which is his primary goal this season, then adding a post game would be tremendous.

P.S. Lebron is indeed shooting 60% from the field, mostly due to eliminating the three point shot, and working more in the post after working out with Hakeem in the offseason. My Derrick wish list for next off season is to work with Hakeem as well, or even a guy like Andre Miller on post game, I truly think it will take his game to the next level.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 02:51 AM)
It seems Derrick's three point shot is as streaky as ever. If it comes, he can hit three or four in a row, but most of the time he's short or flat on those jumpers until he gets on a hot streak.

Some poster proposed earlier that Rose should eliminate the three point shot like Lebron did this season. While I don't buy that he has to eliminate completely, because he is a better shooter than Lebron, I do think that he has no business of taking 4, 5, or 6 shots behind the arc every night. He is not a pure shooter, he will never shoot 40% or even 38% from long range. I think what could actually take him to the next level is working the post game. He is bigger, stronger, and more athletic than most point guards in this league, there is no reason he couldn't take smaller guards in the post and convert a high percentage if he so choose to. I think he just need to work on that part of his game. If he wants to be more efficient, which is his primary goal this season, then adding a post game would be tremendous.

P.S. Lebron is indeed shooting 60% from the field, mostly due to eliminating the three point shot, and working more in the post after working out with Hakeem in the offseason. My Derrick wish list for next off season is to work with Hakeem as well, or even a guy like Andre Miller on post game, I truly think it will take his game to the next level.

But the problem for Rose in the low post is that if he gets the ball down there and tries to score from that point, stationary, he's inviting all of the 6'10 guys in the game to come in and get on him. He can maneuver around those guys when he's moving, but from a stationary position in the low post he's setting himself up to be trapped. Playing in the low post limits his speed, and his speed is his best asset.

23 wasn't a great low post player in my memory until he developed that incredible fadeaway jumper, where even if a 7 footer came to double, he'd just arc it over his head, but 23 still had several inches on Rose.

Lebron could take himself to the next level by developing in the low post because he's already bigger than everyone in the league not named Dwight Howard. Carlos Boozer is small compared to Lebron.

I think he's at the point where just "Trying to improve jump shot/trying to improve decision making" is literally the best thing he can do.