2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 07:50 PM)
Yes, on Monday. 5 game stretch where 4 of the 5 are against the Bulls and Heat.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 07:23 PM)
So Atlanta is playing three in a row againt Heat-Bulls-Heat?

Those schedule makers were just mean to Atlanta

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
I think it's confidence and a lack of playing time. It's incredibly hard to get in a rhythm when you see spotty minutes. And obviously confidence is huge in making shots.

Thibs HAS been playing him and letting him get some confidence, particularly the last couple of games...pretty sure he played a bunch of relevant minutes ladst game. He's wayy more patient than I would be, and hopefully it's paying off, cuz I woulda benched his ass for lookin' so pathetic and worthless out there...

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 09:30 AM)
Check out Jimmy Butler's PER. Heh.

Game one: 6 minutes, 1/2 FG, 2 rebounds, 2 points

Game two: 1 minute, no stats logged

Game three: 1 minute, 2/2 FT, 1 rebound, 1 block

With his usage rate, it apparently works out to a PER of 37.27. Which puts him a tick higher than LeBron James as of today.

#FunWithSmallSampleSizes

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
Game one: 6 minutes, 1/2 FG, 2 rebounds, 2 points

Game two: 1 minute, no stats logged

Game three: 1 minute, 2/2 FT, 1 rebound, 1 block

With his usage rate, it apparently works out to a PER of 37.27. Which puts him a tick higher than LeBron James as of today.

#FunWithSmallSampleSizes

Don't f*** with The Butler

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
The Hawks have no basketball IQ or intelligence whatsoever. How did they lose this game? This is even worse than the Bulls loss the other night. This is like a win and a half for Miami. No LeBron or Wade on the road against a "good" team. These games count for extra in a condensed season.

The Hawks will be zombies when we play them. I feel we'll see lots of Butler and White Mamba.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
Joe Johnson is horrifically overpaid and awful.

Can you imagine Boozer and Johnson on the Bulls? Thank the lawd that Atlanta offered Johnson that horrendous contract.

I'd be ripping my hair out. Both are horrifically overrated. Boozer can't play defense, Johnson's less efficient than Keith Bogans.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
http://deadspin.com/5873598/

Barkley says his weight watchers thing is a scam, thinking his mic was off the air. lawl.

I love it when they complain about having to watch the Hawks, haha.

It'd be badass if the Hawks were inspired by his "they ain't got nothin but a bunch of nice guys' comment and started tearing s*** up.

[AFTER they see the Bulls again.]

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 02:51 AM)
It seems Derrick's three point shot is as streaky as ever. If it comes, he can hit three or four in a row, but most of the time he's short or flat on those jumpers until he gets on a hot streak.

Some poster proposed earlier that Rose should eliminate the three point shot like Lebron did this season. While I don't buy that he has to eliminate completely, because he is a better shooter than Lebron, I do think that he has no business of taking 4, 5, or 6 shots behind the arc every night. He is not a pure shooter, he will never shoot 40% or even 38% from long range. I think what could actually take him to the next level is working the post game. He is bigger, stronger, and more athletic than most point guards in this league, there is no reason he couldn't take smaller guards in the post and convert a high percentage if he so choose to. I think he just need to work on that part of his game. If he wants to be more efficient, which is his primary goal this season, then adding a post game would be tremendous.

P.S. Lebron is indeed shooting 60% from the field, mostly due to eliminating the three point shot, and working more in the post after working out with Hakeem in the offseason. My Derrick wish list for next off season is to work with Hakeem as well, or even a guy like Andre Miller on post game, I truly think it will take his game to the next level.

Rose hasn't been shooting well in general at all this year. Not just threes.

Not earth shattering, but its something i guess?

Bulls Or Knicks Could Land Dwight Howard

Chicago may be a logical landing place for Dwight Howard. With fellow Adidas superstar Derrick Rose a Bull, and Joakim Noah a defensive big man who could be sent to Orlando in a trade, Howard could wind up in the Windy City.

Adidas would be delighted with that turn events, as the Nike rival ironically locks down the big Chicago market that Michael Jordan once ruled.

The Knicks may also be in the running to bring Howard to New York. Sources tell Ken Berger not to be surprised if a trade sending Amar'e Stoudemire back to his native central Florida for Howard begins to gain traction. Stoudemire's uninsurable knees and James Dolan's willingness to sign off on a trade parting with the All-Star forward are seen as the two biggest obstacles to such a deal. It could also be that the Knicks would have to include Tyson Chandler in any such discussion with the Magic.

Via CBS Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21808...d#ixzz1iegXf8TS

The hawks look really good, and then will completely change 5 minutes later. Everything will be going fine and then out of nowhere Joe Johnson will awkwardly fling up a skyhook from 22 feet away that bounces off the top of the backboard.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)

Chicago may be a logical landing place for Dwight Howard. With fellow Adidas superstar Derrick Rose a Bull, and Joakim Noah a defensive big man who could be sent to Orlando in a trade, Howard could wind up in the Windy City.

Adidas would be delighted with that turn events, as the Nike rival ironically locks down the big Chicago market that Michael Jordan once ruled.

The Knicks may also be in the running to bring Howard to New York. Sources tell Ken Berger not to be surprised if a trade sending Amar'e Stoudemire back to his native central Florida for Howard begins to gain traction. Stoudemire's uninsurable knees and James Dolan's willingness to sign off on a trade parting with the All-Star forward are seen as the two biggest obstacles to such a deal. It could also be that the Knicks would have to include Tyson Chandler in any such discussion with the Magic.

Via CBS Sports

That would have to be one of the more amusing Dwight rumors I've heard this season.

I'm actually more confident of keeping him than I was at the start of the season. And that's all because of 2 words. Ryan Anderson.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 12:01 AM)

Via CBS Sports

I would cry real tears.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 01:01 AM)

Via CBS Sports

Trouble is, different reports have said that Adidas doesn't want Rose and Howard in the same city since that would hurt their marketing in every other major market.