2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a large problem.

It's a problem of society, with no honor. Creating players who have to play like this, as it's what they are brought up in.

It's the ref's for consistently calling really weak plays, but the pressure, im sure, is put on them with the way violence has broken out.

I would be all for a league that calls much fewer fouls, however a flop rule would just not work.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
It's a large problem.

It's a problem of society, with no honor. Creating players who have to play like this, as it's what they are brought up in.

It's the ref's for consistently calling really weak plays, but the pressure, im sure, is put on them with the way violence has broken out.

I would be all for a league that calls much fewer fouls, however a flop rule would just not work.

Treat the flop rule just like a flagrant foul. They review that s*** and judge is subjectively. Flop 1 or Flop 2, free throws and an ejection. f*** this s***, ruins the game.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
They could have a flop rule like in soccer when a dude clearly flops in the box its a yellow card. Except in the nba they can issue a technical foul on a clear flop.

im almost positive this was actually a rule that was supposed to be instituted last year or the year prior. I think it was actually put in the rule books, just the refs never call it

i think there is a fine for flopping, and a possible suspension for repeat offenders. neither penalty seem to be enforced, if it is actually on the books. at least i don't remember any flop fines or suspensions.

Edited by mr_genius