2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
Such a long wait for a real report feels like "how do we spin this so it doesn't sound as bad"

Most people just don't go in for an MRI and have the results in 15 minutes. Its going to be a while before anything official comes out. The Bulls players seem to think he's done for the playoffs. I just hope its nothing that will permanently slow him down at all. This year he was an accident waiting to happen and it happened.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
Most people just don't go in for an MRI and have the results in 15 minutes. Its going to be a while before anything official comes out. The Bulls players seem to think he's done for the playoffs. I just hope its nothing that will permanently slow him down at all. This year he was an accident waiting to happen and it happened.

Wouldn't he miss a big chunk of next year if it's torn?

Wouldn't he miss a big chunk of next year if it's torn?

Depends obviously, but even that doesn't really matter. If its torn he's finished being the player he once was, still be a good PG but his superstar days will be over.

This could end up being the darkest day in Bulls history (even worse than Michael's first retirement, which felt like a death). This season would obviously be over. More than likely next season as well. The Bulls will never, ever land another superstar through trade or FA, obviously. Yikes.

Edited by Jordan4life

This could end up being the darkest day in Bulls history (even worse than Michael's first retirement, which felt like a death). This season would obviously be over. More than likely next season as well. The Bulls will never, ever land another superstar through trade or FA, obviously. Yikes.

I doubt the Bulls will compete at last year's level again for decades. Pro basketball just died in Chicago.

Unless by some miracle he's more-or-less OK, then we dodged more than a bullet... like stepping out the way of howitzer round.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)

Knee surgery isn't as bad as it used to be. DRose will return and be fine most likely. Look at all the NFL running backs that had ACL and MCL surgeries. It used to be a death sentence, not necessarily these days.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
Knee surgery isn't as bad as it used to be. DRose will return and be fine most likely. Look at all the NFL running backs that had ACL and MCL surgeries. It used to be a death sentence, not necessarily these days.

NFL players don't need to move like drose does. If he loses a step, he's a shell of his former self. He'd still be solid, but not anything near MVP levels if he slows down.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)

I'm not saying his career is over. I'm just saying that (worst case scenario) two years could possibly be wiped out by this. The Bulls have a window here to win a title. It might've just closed permanently. Again, that's worst-case scenario.

No official word on when DRose's MRI will take place. Sometimes, teams have to wait until swelling subsides.

It's clear, though, that players and team officials are worried. One teammate who talked to DRose said DRose thinks he felt knee pop.

KCJHoop

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
gg official i guess

Rose Injury Update: Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose tore his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and he's out for the remainder of the season.

@ChicagoBulls_PR

f***f***f***