2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:51 PM)
f*** Evan Turner. f*** Billy Hunter. f*** Derek Fisher. f*** the Bulls Med Staff. f*** Reinsdorf for not making Herm the Bulls trainer. f*** LeBron. f*** the Refs. f*** everything.

Derek Fisher?

Nevermind. I get it.

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how mad I get about this, and trust me I'm f***ing PISSED, I'm not going to blame Thibs. I'm already looking for someone to blame to make me feel better but it was the right call to leave him in.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
Nah this team has too much heart. Best case scenario they'll make it back to the ECF to get beat by the Heat again.

They can still make it to the Eastern Conference finals. The only saving grace is that Hamilton is a really good player and gives them some sort of chance. Bulls were solid without Rose (not great) but add in Hamilton and they would probably have been a top 4 seed. They just don't have any chance at the championships now.

All we can hope is the team plays there butt off and responds proudly and that Rose can work himself back and get healthy.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:53 PM)
he was playing with a 15+ point lead.

It was 12 down from 20 and he had played 5 games the last 6 weeks. He needed the work. It was a fluke. He did something he does at least 20 times every game. If he sat out the last couple minutes today, there's nothing to suggest it wouldn't have happened at practice tomorrow.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)
Even if they do, that's going to be one titanic-sized asterisk attached to the Heat's eventual conference title. It'll be bigger than when the Knicks beat Chicago in '94.

f*** the Heat. Patrick Ewing Theory all up in this b****.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:59 PM)
Honest Question: If someone blows an ACL like Rose, was it bound to happen eventually? Didnt seem like he stressed it too much on the play.

This is what I think, it could have happened in the last 2 minutes of the first game, or the first two minutes of the second game if he sat out the end of the 4th quarter. he made an absolutely normal(for him) hop at the end of his dribble, and there was no contact at all. he just planted, and it gave out. I dont blame Thibs, in my opinion his ACL was ready to pop and it did. It totally sucks, but him being on the court at whatever time of the game had nothing to do with it.

IMO the stress of the season contributed to the myriad of injuries and culminated in his knee finally giving out.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
Honestly though, this weekend can't get much worse for me. Had another seizure, carnival I was helping plan got rained out, now this s***.

Hope you're OK. As for the carnival, if you ever need a bearded lady, check out the corner of Rush and Huron.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
Honestly though, this weekend can't get much worse for me. Had another seizure, carnival I was helping plan got rained out, now this s***.

WTF? seriously?

god I'm going through wildly emotional grief stages right now. I'm alternating between "*SOB* THE WORLD IS ENDING", "f*** YOU REST OF THE NBA, IF WE CANT HAVE ROSE YOU CANNOT HAVE ANYTHING EITHER. ENGAGE SAINTS STYLE GOON-MODE" to "CIRCLE THE WAGONS BULLS, TIME TO MAKE SOME f***ING HISTORY."

I need some of those mind control drugs they give 13 year olds who cant pay attention in math class.

Edited by DukeNukeEm