2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know when Rubio went down they said there was some shot he could be back for London. I don't' know how that is even possible and probably not true. Al Jefferson tore his and only missed 6 games the final year. His tear happened in February and he was 100% by opening day. Seems like it is a 9 month recovery time, which puts him on a January time frame.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
What was wrong with Chris Pauls knee?? He came back and is still pretty damn good.

Torn meniscus in his knee, different injury, and it took him what, 3+ years to truly get back to form?

NFL players have came back within a year. You can even see some of the guys in the NFL who come back from torn ACL's and in time regained there quickness and got the 40 times back. Still, it is no guarantee. It will take hard work and Rose's quickness was one of those things that made him special. He still is strong and a big jumper and I anticipate those abilities will be there. Heck, the biggest thing about him is his ability to change speeds and hopefully he can still do that in time.

Until I see him playing and show that burst that made him special though, there will be major doubts in my mind.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
6 to 9 months is the normal timeframe for recovery. You have to hope his recovery is more like Jamaal's vs. Michael Redd, who came back and retore it.

None of those guys has a game like Rose. They are shooters, not slashers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
None of those guys has a game like Rose. They are shooters, not slashers.

Jamaal is older but he was very quick. What I've read is it looks like you can get back to about 95% if all goes well. Rose was so special that he could still be fine at 95%. Can't wait to see ptac's post on this.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
and Roy had 6 or 8 knee surgeries as well so his knee was shot.

Yeah, because he kept playing and re-injuring it. Forget about this year. The long-term repercussions are what's important now. After what's happened this year, I don't know how Rose could ever take the court again without having the fear of god inside him of getting hurt again.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
Yeah, because he kept playing and re-injuring it. Forget about this year. The long-term repercussions are what's important now. After what's happened this year, I don't know how Rose could ever take the court again without having the fear of god inside him of getting hurt again.

It takes time...he's going to have a hard rehab process but he suffered a very fluke injury and I'm sure a lot of it had to do with his body just not being ready as a result of all of the injuries and wear and tear. Still, its a tough thing to see given how few athletes have truly recovered from this that relied on pure speed.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)

The mental hurdle for knee injuries is huge. He'll feel that s*** whenever it's about to rain (sensitive to atmospheric pressure changes). But Rose isn't the type that will be scared once he's 100% again.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:14 PM)
It takes time...he's going to have a hard rehab process but he suffered a very fluke injury and I'm sure a lot of it had to do with his body just not being ready as a result of all of the injuries and wear and tear. Still, its a tough thing to see given how few athletes have truly recovered from this that relied on pure speed.

With his size, I wonder if GarPax have to start thinking about dealing him before he goes Iverson. They are similar in size and game, I fear that is who we are looking at.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)
With his size, I wonder if GarPax have to start thinking about dealing him before he goes Iverson. They are similar in size and game, I fear that is who we are looking at.

Not a chance in Hell.

And Rose is way bigger and stronger than AI.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)

He was so much faster then nearly everyone in the league that even at 95% he'd be one of the faster players in the league (or so I hope). In fact, he wasn't even playing at full speed today and was making guys miss.

Korver on FB:

Right about now, the disbelief has faded, anger has subsided and were all wondering... why? Why. Why. Why Derrick, again? Derrick is more than an MVP to our team. He's our friend, our brother he inspires us to be the very best we can be, just by who he is and how hard he plays. That he has spent so much time this year hurt, was frustrating. Now that he is out for the rest of the season, well its just plain sad. No one is to blame; what happened, did. We send him our prayers, our love, our good wishes that he heals and comes back stronger, better, healthier than ever before.

Bulls fans. Now is not the time to ask why or to get bitter. Now is the time to refocus and ask "How are we going to win this Championship?" We have the best Team in the league. This season has proven, we are a TEAM and it has taken us ALL to have the best record. Lets focus on whats ahead. This is an incredible opportunity for All of Us to step up and make it happen. We're all gonna have to work harder and smarter. We are all gonna have to believe in ourselves. That we are more than the sum of our parts. We need YOU to believe with Us. We need You to believe for Us. We are going to keep going strong. One quarter, one game, one round at a time. Until its over. That's how we're gonna do it.