2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the last few hours. One minute I all doom and gloom rose will never be the same. The next I'm dreaming about knocking off Miami without rose.

f***, this is just the worst.

The road is paved to the finals for f***ing Miami. That sucks.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is incredibly disheartening news. This might be the worst win I've ever experienced as a fan in my entire life.

The way I see it, the Bulls sans Rose should still beat the 8th seeded 76ers. From there on out, depending on matchups, they'll have a tough time. During the season, the team played confident knowing that Rose would be back soon enough. Well no, he's not coming back and it's all on them. I'll still cheer my little heart out for this team, but the outlook has drastically changed.

In the long run, PLEASE, for the love of all things hole, do not rush Derrick Rose back. They made the mistake of doing so all season and that obviously never worked out. I'd say they should shoot for a return right after the All Star break next year, if all goes well. Rushing him back won't help at all, and if Rose is being stubborn, they need to be even more stubborn with him. The single most important factor for this franchise right now is that he comes back completely healthy and ready to go 100%. Anything less is an enormous mistake.

I love Derrick Rose as a player. I wish the best for him. I have friends who went to the same high school with him. I want to see him succeed and become the best in the NBA. Even if he is no longer a part of the Bulls team. If it takes trading him to Phoenix to protect his knee for the next couple of years, I am all for it. I want to see him regain his form and become the fun player I enjoyed watching the last 4 years, even if it means to see him in a Suns uniform.

But seriously, can we get JR to sign the entire Phoenix Suns training staff this off season? They have done wonders to Grant Hill, Michael Redd, and Amare's knees, and Nash is still going strong at 38. Time to get rid of this current garbage training staff and get a useful one.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)
I love Derrick Rose as a player. I wish the best for him. I have friends who went to the same high school with him. I want to see him succeed and become the best in the NBA. Even if he is no longer a part of the Bulls team. If it takes trading him to Phoenix to protect his knee for the next couple of years, I am all for it. I want to see him regain his form and become the fun player I enjoyed watching the last 4 years, even if it means to see him in a Suns uniform.

But seriously, can we get JR to sign the entire Phoenix Suns training staff this off season? They have done wonders to Grant Hill, Michael Redd, and Amare's knees, and Nash is still going strong at 38. Time to get rid of this current garbage training staff and get a useful one.

Or just Herm Schneider.

After watching the other NBA games today. I've realized I wont be able to enjoy these playoffs anymore. Watching the thunder tonight I was just furious they get westbrook and durant and our star is hurt. Watching the Finals is going to be even tougher knowing that could/should be us.

Is Deng planning on playing hurt until the end of next year with the Olympics this offseason? Or is he getting surgery after the Olympics and missing the beginning of next year? With Rose out we cannot afford to have him gone for the beginning of next year as well.

He needs to seriously consider skipping the Olympics for the good of the team if so.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 02:24 AM)
Has anyone else left the "I'm so sad and depressed" stage and entered the "I'm in denial/This is surreal" stage?

i've been in the denial stage since it happened. i don't think it'll start to sink in until we're up for elimination.

this team is special. they could get back to the ECF if they can hold serve at home.

I just don't see any way they'll be able to win on the road. also the way the season has gone it wouldn't surprise me if someone else gets injured.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

This made me smile.

580670_3591786430065_1135510669_33388893

The Bulls are still in this. They got home court for the entire playoffs.

The United Center will rock like Chicago Stadium.

Carlos will yell "AND 1" as he slams it in on someone.

Joakim will shoot the pistols.

Kyle will drop daggers like an assassin.

Rip will move the ball.

Luol will play with fire, like a warrior.

Taj will posterize a fool.

Omer will make grown men fear the paint.

Jimmy will slow down the enemies in his way.

Ronnie will wreak chaos.

Johnny will have shots where they shouldn't go in, but do.

CJ will make the game elementary.

Mike will run a mean pick and roll.

Brian will give his teammates strength.

And Derrick will be there, pushing them on, inspiring them.

And the Bulls will down the Heat.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)

And you say I'm not a real fan? You want to see Rose flourish and become the best player in the NBA for another franchise? That's like your wife leaving you for some rich f*** and you saying you want her to be happy in the end.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
Is Deng planning on playing hurt until the end of next year with the Olympics this offseason? Or is he getting surgery after the Olympics and missing the beginning of next year? With Rose out we cannot afford to have him gone for the beginning of next year as well.

He needs to seriously consider skipping the Olympics for the good of the team if so.

I don't think you can begrudge him not being able to play in the Olympics in his home country.

Most guys in the NBA would take that pretty personally today IMO.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
That's because he's fat and his vertical is lower than Luc Longley's.

Apparently he's even put on weight this season if you could believe that.

One of the Magic beat writers tweeted that he overheard a Magic assistant coach saying he's gone from 290 lbs to 317 lbs now.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 02:27 AM)
After watching the other NBA games today. I've realized I wont be able to enjoy these playoffs anymore. Watching the thunder tonight I was just furious they get westbrook and durant and our star is hurt. Watching the Finals is going to be even tougher knowing that could/should be us.

As soon as Rose went down, I told the wife it was his ACL. I couldn't watch anything more. With the Hawks flop, it is officially baseball season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 08:09 AM)
This is the most crushed I've been as a sports fan. Does anyone think Rose will ever be the same?

He won't even with the rehab. That 3.5 second speed up the open court? probably gone. His 40 inch vertical? gone. I'm just hoping his b-ball i.q. gets higher and has the vision. He'll still be damn good, but not ridiculously good. I hope he proves me wrong. I was crushed when Baron Davis blew his out when he was young. I still miss his athleticism.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 08:35 AM)
He won't even with the rehab. That 3.5 second speed up the open court? probably gone. His 40 inch vertical? gone. I'm just hoping his b-ball i.q. gets higher and has the vision. He'll still be damn good, but not ridiculously good. I hope he proves me wrong. I was crushed when Baron Davis blew his out. I still miss his athleticism.

This. Even if he only gets back 90-95% of his game, he won't be the same.

I watched an interview with a doctor at U of Chicago. He thinks there's a good chance Rose will be back if not at the level he was at physically, close, although he did caution it would probably take about a year to get to that level. We have to remember he had 6 injuries this year and when he played he was usually pretty good, good enough that many thought the Bulls would win the title. He was nowhere near 100%. There's always fear with the surgery but guys like Edgerin James came back fine. I think Rose will too. He's young, he's strong and he's not a big guy. If he was 275 pounds it might be a different story.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 09:16 AM)
The biggest problem will be if he doesn't have the same attitude on the court because he is nervous about his knee.

That usually fades pretty quickly. The biggest fear I have is all the injuries he had. Why would this surgery put an end to them all? I hope he comes back and never has another one, but I would think the odds are in favor of him having numerous injuries the rest of his career.

It was interesting some trainers were blaming his previous injuries on a lack of stretching. Supposedly DRose stretches very little. The interesting part to me was the trainer said he had to find a happy medium (I always thought stretching was good and never could be too stretched out). Apparently you need some stiffness for explosion.

Edited by Dick Allen