2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still cant believe how quickly people are willing to jump off the bandwagon.

The Bulls can beat any team in league without Rose, they may not be favorites (if they ever were) but they still have to be considered one of the top 4 teams in the East.

And for all of the talk about how the Bulls cant beat the Celtics, Id take the Bulls without Rose over their roster.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:13 PM)

I dont understand why he wouldnt recover fully. The kid is in his early 20's, a full recovery is 100% expected. His work ethic is also a huge plus in rehab. He'll be fine, I just hope the roster turns out fine.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
I dont understand why he wouldnt recover fully. The kid is in his early 20's, a full recovery is 100% expected. His work ethic is also a huge plus in rehab. He'll be fine, I just hope the roster turns out fine.

The knee is just one of those things. Once you've damaged it, it's just never going to be the same.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
I still cant believe how quickly people are willing to jump off the bandwagon.

The Bulls can beat any team in league without Rose, they may not be favorites (if they ever were) but they still have to be considered one of the top 4 teams in the East.

And for all of the talk about how the Bulls cant beat the Celtics, Id take the Bulls without Rose over their roster.

Who was the last team to win a title without a star player? That is why people are jumping off of the bandwagon.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)

It has nothing to do with any of that. This is a major surgery, and it is up to his body whether he has the right chemistry to recover fully.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)

Derrick Rose unlike any player we've seen before depends on his knee to make him as good as he is... Chris Paul adjusted well because he has elite vision and losing that half-step didn't ruin that. Derrick Rose was MVP because he had (had :crying ) unrivaled athleticism. "This kid can jump out of the building, did you not get the memo?". His ability to cut, and especially to change direction at the rim is how he separated himself from the pack.

Rose needs to change direction on the move and at high speeds to be effective. His work ethic certainly will help him.

God save us.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)
Derrick Rose unlike any player we've seen before depends on his knee to make him as good as he is... Chris Paul adjusted well because he has elite vision and losing that half-step didn't ruin that. Derrick Rose was MVP because he had (had :crying ) unrivaled athleticism. "This kid can jump out of the building, did you not get the memo?". His ability to cut, and especially to change direction at the rim is how he separated himself from the pack.

Rose needs to change direction on the move and at high speeds to be effective. His work ethic certainly will help him.

God save us.

Well said. Derrick's game is literally in his ACL's.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
Who was the last team to win a title without a star player? That is why people are jumping off of the bandwagon.

Replace bandwagon with ledge and you describe the true Bulls fans. I will watch every game and there's zero doubt I'm going to somehow convince myself these games matter and this TEAM can rise up and surprise, but come the f*** on... even if they get past the 2.5 headed monster, there are TEAMS in the West that still have their superstars (most notably, Oklahoma City).

Without Rose, I give the Bulls like a 5% chance to get out of the East, but like 2% against OKC, whom I expect to be the West winners.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 01:40 PM)
I think we can beat anyone outside of the thunder with our current roster. That being said, I just don't see us beating the heat 4 times.

How's this for a statement.

If the games were officiated like regular season games, I'd give the Bulls a reasonable shot.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Replace bandwagon with ledge and you describe the true Bulls fans. I will watch every game and there's zero doubt I'm going to somehow convince myself these games matter and this TEAM can rise up and surprise, but come the f*** on...

Without Rose, I give the Bulls like a 5% chance to get out of the East

You know what an amazing story it would be if the Bulls somehow managed to come out of the East. SIGN ME UP.

This isn't regular season. It's the playoffs. CJ Watson and JLucasIII are gonna go on the road and hit critical shots consistently at critical times?

I just feel jipped. The Bulls had a real shot to win a championship this season with Rose, and for it to end the first game of the playoffs. I can't even imagine what the players are feeling.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Replace bandwagon with ledge and you describe the true Bulls fans. I will watch every game and there's zero doubt I'm going to somehow convince myself these games matter and this TEAM can rise up and surprise, but come the f*** on... even if they get past the 2.5 headed monster, there are TEAMS in the West that still have their superstars (most notably, Oklahoma City).

Without Rose, I give the Bulls like a 5% chance to get out of the East, but like 2% against OKC, whom I expect to be the West winners.

Cosigned.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:40 PM)
I think we can beat anyone outside of the thunder with our current roster. That being said, I just don't see us beating the heat 4 times.

The playoffs are a different animal. Sure we can win games without Rose, but beating these teams in a playoff series is a ball of wax.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)
Even the shortened season won't really be an asterisk, nobody says the Spurs didn't deserve their title.

It's not about whether they DESERVED it, but yes people absolutely do mention it (or more importantly, remember it) just like they do with the '94 rockets. Lebron winning in a shortened season plagued with injuries to 2 superstars in Howard and Rose will always be remembered. There will be an unofficial asterisk next to it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)
It's not about whether they DESERVED it, but yes people absolutely do mention it (or more importantly, remember it) just like they do with the '94 rockets. Lebron winning in a shortened season plagued with injuries to 2 superstars in Howard and Rose will always be remembered. There will be an unofficial asterisk next to it.

The year-long ESPN tour of GOAT talk about LeBron and his dick being sucked by every media outlet everywhere if he actually didn't choke in the big games this year would ensure that no random hypothetical asterisk you speak of would matter.

Players get hurt. That's sports. It sucks. It doesn't mean the titles count any less. This year, it just means that Chicago is pissed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
The year-long ESPN tour of GOAT talk about LeBron and his dick being sucked by every media outlet everywhere if he actually didn't choke in the big games this year would ensure that no random hypothetical asterisk you speak of would matter.

Players get hurt. That's sports. It sucks. It doesn't mean the titles count any less. This year, it just means that Chicago is pissed.

Who cares about the media? Will you, or anyone else on this board, or any average fan, not remember this as a season where a gigantic injury changed the course of the playoffs? This isn't the Clippers losing Billups. It's the #1 overall seed losing its superstar. That's a significant and memorable event.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
Who cares about the media? Will you, or anyone else on this board, or any average fan, not remember this as a season where a gigantic injury changed the course of the playoffs? This isn't the Clippers losing Billups. It's the #1 overall seed losing it's superstar. That's a significant and memorable event.

Whatever team wins the Championship would win the Championship. No s*** the #1 overall seed lost it's superstar. Are you really posting like people don't know that? No s*** this isn't grampappy Billups.

It's still an NBA season with an eventual winner.

Kyle Korver, we're with you, buddy.

Right about now, the disbelief has faded, anger has subsided and were all wondering... why? Why. Why. Why Derrick, again? Derrick is more than an MVP to our team. He's our friend, our brother he inspires us to be the very best we can be, just by who he is and how hard he plays. That he has spent so much time this year hurt, was frustrating. Now that he is out for the rest of the season, well its just plain sad. No one is to blame; what happened, did. We send him our prayers, our love, our good wishes that he heals and comes back stronger, better, healthier than ever before.

Bulls fans. Now is not the time to ask why or to get bitter. Now is the time to refocus and ask "How are we going to win this Championship?" We have the best Team in the league. This season has proven, we are a TEAM and it has taken us ALL to have the best record. Lets focus on whats ahead. This is an incredible opportunity for All of Us to step up and make it happen. We're all gonna have to work harder and smarter. We are all gonna have to believe in ourselves. That we are more than the sum of our parts. We need YOU to believe with Us. We need You to believe for Us. We are going to keep going strong. One quarter, one game, one round at a time. Until its over. That's how we're gonna do it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)

God save us.

Every explosive athlete depends on his knees, and Derrick's ACL was apparently a bit weak, most likely because of the stress from his other injuries. An ACL surgery is incredibly commonplace and his age and work ethic should help him heal. I dont expect him to lose any ability at all.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)

People mention it with the Rockets because the GOAT took a leave of absence between winning 6 titles.

Rose isn't Jordan and these Bulls aren't anything compared to those Bulls. The Heat are the reigning Eastern Conference champs. They don't need to prove they can beat a Rose-led Bulls because they already have. There will be no asterisk if Miami wins the title.