2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 2, 2012 -> 03:04 AM)
Seriously -- put Joakim Noah in the game. WTF is he thinking?

Now he'll sit the starters out to avoid getting hurt :)

Hopefully this is a wake up call. I can't believe people thought the Bulls would sweep after Rose got injured. The 76ers length is going to cause Watson/Lucas a ton of trouble.

Edited by fathom

I've never known a coach to just let players play that bad, that long. We were clearly doing several huge things wrong and we didn't correct nor did we change personnel. Again, it's like watching the Bruce Weber Ilini

QUOTE (Jake @ May 1, 2012 -> 10:15 PM)
This is asinine. I'm going to have to blame the coaching and I love Thibs

I think you're watching a team that had its heart ripped out. Pushed a big first half on guile and emotion but that faded and now depression takes over.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
I think you're watching a team that had its heart ripped out. Pushed a big first half on guile and emotion but that faded and now depression takes over.

That and the other team is shooting like 70% which gets the f*** old.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)

This team is far better than this POS Philadelphia team. They need to sack up and play ball. Derrick Rose didn't make them not hustle and not run an offense. It also didn't make the coach play stupid lineups while all this was going on. I'm furious. The starting lineup should have come back on the court before we got down by 20 points. We were promised Mike James and he didn't see a second on the court despite the horrendous point guard play. Thibs was outcoached today.

Derrick Rose didn't DIE for christ's sake. Shut up and play your children's game.

I'll say it right now (and I'm sure I'll be reminded that I've been wrong in the past): I'll be surprised if the Bulls don't lose both games in Philly before they get back home. With the Rose injury and a total ass-whoopin' at home, their confidence has to be on fumes right now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
I'll say it right now (and I'm sure I'll be reminded that I've been wrong in the past): I'll be surprised if the Bulls don't lose both games in Philly before they get back home. With the Rose injury and a total ass-whoopin' at home, their confidence has to be on fumes right now.

Ahem......you've been wrong in the past.

Oh, and I've just learned Tyson Chandler has won DPOY. Yes, I was wrong about the Knicks overall. But I had solid reasoning for thinking they could be elite. Tyson was one of them. If Carmelo doesn't shoot 38% for nearly 40 games, and if Amare doesn't have easily the worst year of his career, I could've very well been right.