2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 1, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Ibaka should've won the DPOY anyway.

I thought John Lucas III and CJ Watson would get co-DPOY

damn these predictions

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I didn't watch most of the second half. When the Bulls quit hustling on defense (allowing run outs and backscreens all over the place) it wasn't worth watching. The good thing is that this is stuff that is easily fixable. Thibs just has to get into some guys heads.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
Yes, because anybody could've predicted two of the premier players in basketball simultaneously having the worst years of their careers. I said before the season that Tyson was an elite defensive big. I was mocked. I at least get that now.

A lot of people felt this Knicks team would struggle to blend two selfish superstars who didn't play defense.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 2, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
Yes it is, J4L. They played the exact same way last season when Carmelo came to the Knicks. Melo and Amare just do not work well together, their games offset each other, and it drags their numbers down. Everyone got all worked up about Lin, and what happened? He came back to earth and the Knicks went right back to being the .500 team that they have been since Melo has been there.

It is a huge combination of players that simply do not know how to work together.

I wonder how Greg Popovich would go coaching the Knicks currently actually.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2012 -> 10:39 PM)
A lot of people felt this Knicks team would struggle to blend two selfish superstars who didn't play defense.

I think at least Donnie Walsh was targeting the right sort of players when he was in charge, before Dolan made him give up the farm.

Iman Shumpert is "exactly" the sort of player you need to put alongside Carmelo though. Someone who can actually play good man on man defense, and not shoot more than 5 times a game. But when you've got J.R Smith shooting 15 times off the bench, Baron Davis can jack it up whenever he wants, well there's only 1 basketball on the court.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
Yes, because anybody could've predicted two of the premier players in basketball simultaneously having the worst years of their careers. I said before the season that Tyson was an elite defensive big. I was mocked. I at least get that now.

I think it's totally unsurprising that Amare had a season where he was clearly breaking down, and its' similarly unsurprising that they had trouble with him being effective on the court with Melo as well.

And if you want to go with surprises on that team...I don't know that anything surprised me more than Steve Novak suddenly becoming the greatest 3 point shooter in NBA history for a stretch. And that's including the "Jeremy Lin" phenomeon.

The only good thing to come out of these playoffs is J4L coming back to the NBA Thread like a guy who needs his fix and immediately ODing. I love it.

This season is a waste. Badger, I like you, but you have to stop with the know-it-all comments. Everytime you post you act like you're the only guy with a clue in the room. I post I'm depressed, and you reply "Steve,

You really worried Holiday wont miss a shot and the 76ers will shoot over 50% from the field?

Because law of averages suggests otherwise."

First, that was completely irrelevant to my point, second, Jrue only shot 74%, but the Sixers shot 59%! What do we take from this? I guess it's that I hate everything right now and every post will anger me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 1, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
That and the other team is shooting like 70% which gets the f*** old.

Teams don't shoot 70% against a team playing effective defense and converting on offense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
The only good thing to come out of these playoffs is J4L coming back to the NBA Thread like a guy who needs his fix and immediately ODing. I love it.

This season is a waste. Badger, I like you, but you have to stop with the know-it-all comments. Everytime you post you act like you're the only guy with a clue in the room. I post I'm depressed, and you reply "Steve,

You really worried Holiday wont miss a shot and the 76ers will shoot over 50% from the field?

Because law of averages suggests otherwise."

First, that was completely irrelevant to my point, second, Jrue only shot 74%, but the Sixers shot 59%! What do we take from this? I guess it's that I hate everything right now and every post will anger me.

Like a said, a large portion of that was the Bulls laying down on defense. How many run outs did they give up last night? Tighten the screws back to where this team is normally and those numbers look a whole lot different.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
Like a said, a large portion of that was the Bulls laying down on defense. How many run outs did they give up last night? Tighten the screws back to where this team is normally and those numbers look a whole lot different.

The 59% comment was in response to Badger posting that they wouldn't shoot better than 50% in the game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)
Jrue Holliday shot 37.5% when Rose was on the court and 70.6% when Rose wasn't on the court in the first 2 games.

STOP IT

DID YOU NOT GET THE MEMO

THIS KID IS SPECIAL

f***

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:45 AM)
Just noting that Rose's defense is missed too.

Oh, I know. It was a good post. I was just channeling Stacey and then getting depressed all at once. I think I need to have a kid or something, because this injury is effecting my happiness too much.

Of course, I don't want to ruin my wife's rocking body, so screw kids.

Well Steve the 76ers shot considerably higher than their average, sure some of it was fast breaks, but overall they were just really hot.

At the time I posted that it was still in the first half and it seemed as if the 76ers would cool down and the Bulls would start to take over (they did go into the half leading), after the half, the Bulls just got blitzed in the 3rd (happened against the 76ers on Feb 2 as well) and the 76ers just refused to cool down.

It was merely a comment at the time of the game. Most NBA teams will lose if the other team shoots close to 60%.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 2, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
If a team scores more points than their opponent, they'll likely win the game. The Bulls just need to play basketball better and outscore their opponents--this will likely lead to success.

:lolhitting

so perfect

Edited by Steve9347

If a team scores more points than their opponent, they'll likely win the game. The Bulls just need to play basketball better and outscore their opponents--this will likely lead to success.

likebutton.jpg

Sorry your upset Steve, I stand by my comment that it was unlikely the 76ers shoot over 50% against the Bulls defense.

It turned out I was wrong, but it happens. 76ers shot 44.8% this season, they shot 39.8% in game 1, there was just nothing to suggest that the 76ers are that good of a shooting team.

I am optimistic, sorry for that.

If only someone had told me this before I got into broadcasting.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 2, 2012 -> 12:05 PM)
Your posting style lately is driving me insane. You make obvious statements and act like you're a genius.

I know your in a pissy mood, but this isnt even close to true.

I made a statement during the game, I never said I was a genius or knew more than anyone.

You were basically crying in the thread, I hate that type of s***, so I posted something optimistic.

I cant stand all of this doom and gloom, sorry that I tried to look at something differently.