2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 4, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
Honestly Badger I do not remember any of it being about Pippen. From what I remember, everyone hated Krause, and Krause/Reinsdorf did not want to pay Phil like a Superstar coach.

MJ said he wasn't sticking around without Phil, Phil said he was done negotiating with Jerry squared, and Krause thought everyone was too old and that he could rebuild because he was that smart and completely discounted the fact that the players in the NBA saw it as a s***ty move.

Besides, if Pippen wanted to be out of MJs shadow, then why did he join the Rockets to play with Barkley, Clyde and Hakeem? Why would he immediately go play second fiddle somewhere else?

Well allegedly Resindorf offered Jackson a contract that would have made him the top paid coach, but Jackson rejected it.

With regard to Pippen on the Rockets, he was traded there, but from what I recall he made it clear he did not want to back with the Bulls.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 4, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
Well allegedly Resindorf offered Jackson a contract that would have made him the top paid coach, but Jackson rejected it.

With regard to Pippen on the Rockets, he was traded there, but from what I recall he made it clear he did not want to back with the Bulls.

He rejected it after Krause and Reinsdorf dicked him around back and forth. Same thing with Pippen, everyone complained that Krause/Reinsdorf never wanted to pay anyone what they were worth and negotiated in bad faith. And that is why free agents iced out the Bulls for damn near 10 years.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2012 -> 06:21 PM)
Wait. What?

The Bulls were seriously on their last legs after 97-98. They were NOT going to win 3 or 4 more titles.

I have to agree with this. 98-99 I could see since the east was trash and the Spurs didn't have much in the backcourt. The next 3 years though they would have had to beat the Lakers. Shaq would have obliterated them and I can't see Jordan and Scottie negating that into their mid-30's.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 4, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
He rejected it after Krause and Reinsdorf dicked him around back and forth. Same thing with Pippen, everyone complained that Krause/Reinsdorf never wanted to pay anyone what they were worth and negotiated in bad faith. And that is why free agents iced out the Bulls for damn near 10 years.

Jordan was being paid $32mil per season and he was offered a blank check for another year.

They wanted Krause fired, the money wasnt the issue.