2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2012 -> 02:40 PM)
Phil Jackson averaged ~5 technical fouls per year over his career, just over 100 in just about 20 seasons.

Thibs received 5 technical fouls this year.

Balta, don't know if you are old enough to remember the early 90s Bulls Knicks series, Phil Jackson was a master of complaining to the media about what he percieved as a lack of calls by the refs, about how the Knicks grabbed, pulled and tried to bully Chicago to get an edge. It isn't just about getting Ts.

PJax did the same in LA, complaining about how other players were allowed to get away with a lot of physical play with Shaq...and he was right.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
Balta, don't know if you are old enough to remember the early 90s Bulls Knicks series, Phil Jackson was a master of complaining to the media about what he percieved as a lack of calls by the refs, about how the Knicks grabbed, pulled and tried to bully Chicago to get an edge. It isn't just about getting Ts.

PJax did the same in LA, complaining about how other players were allowed to get away with a lot of physical play with Shaq...and he was right.

Couple things: Thibs isn't Phil. And there's no Michael, Scottie, Shaq or Kobe on this team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Getting away from the refs for a second...Spencer Hawes went 9/11 and 22 points. That just can't happen. And Omer Asik is awful. I've never understood the hype surrounding him. Get him out of here.

Asik's costing himself a fortune, isn't he? He hasn't looked right all year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Asik's costing himself a fortune, isn't he? He hasn't looked right all year.

I don't know. I just think he's terrible. I remember last year when O.J. Mayo for Asik came up and I said I'd do that in a second and I got rushed.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:08 PM)
Getting away from the refs for a second...Spencer Hawes went 9/11 and 22 points. That just can't happen. And Omer Asik is awful. I've never understood the hype surrounding him. Get him out of here.

I usually don't like complaining about the refs, they are terrible for all teams but Philly with 30 FTs back to back games...I see the Bulls being agressive too.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
I don't know. I just think he's terrible. I remember last year when O.J. Mayo for Asik came up and I said I'd do that in a second and I got rushed.

He is excellent defensively. His offense is as bad as it gets in the NBA and he will never be close to competent on that side of the court.

I started watching the game a bit before Boozer got mugged and no call happened. The officiating sucked. Philly was basically looking to get to the line because they knew they'd get homecourt calls. Holliday barely got touched on his "foul" by Korver and Deng, he just made it look like there was contact. Igudola jumped into Asik and Asik got called for a foul when he stood his ground perfectly.

Home teams do get an advantage in officiating, but those calls were so blatantly bad.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
In hindsight, J4L is right, Bulls would have been much better off acquiring Mayo. Asik will never develop offensively.

I sure as hell didn't expect anything from him on offense. I just thought he'd progress even more defensively, which he hasn't.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
So much for the #1 seed.

To be fair, take the best player from any team and they'll struggle. Even a team as deep as OKC, without Durant, they're not winning it all.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 6, 2012 -> 05:00 PM)
To be fair, take the best player from any team and they'll struggle. Even a team as deep as OKC, without Durant, they're not winning it all.

Take away Westbrook and Ibaka, and make Durant play with one arm. They'd definitely struggle.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 12:20 PM)
Are you going to sit there Thibs or are you going to get a t and protect your players?

How long will it take for him to understand that refs wont give you calls unless you freak out, its so annoying.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
Dont worry, Thibs is just going to sit with his hands in his pockets, like he does every game.

Its a crime how Thibs wont stand up for his players and get a T.

Its also a crime that he didnt start Taj this game.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:02 PM)
And thats 3 fouls on Taj.

Will Thibs go insane and get a T as the refs just took out the Bulls best option? Or will he sit there and let the refs decimate the team?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
I dont even care if the bulls are getting the foul calls, sometimes as a coach you need to get riled up and go after the refs. You need to show your team that you will get thrown out if necessary to protect them.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Is thibs afraid of yelling at refs?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
God damnit Thibs you gotta go after the refs if they just blatantly screw you there.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
Well unlike Thibs Id be thrown out of the game.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
What are you talking about?

You cant let the refs do this to your team. Thibs never gets Ted up, he never stands up for his players.

Plenty of other coaches get t's.

Ok, we get it

Asik is nice depth, I have no problem keeping him on our team indefinitely. The nice thing is that he has proved that he's not a starting caliber player so we can probably afford to keep him on our bench now. I believe Taj Gibson is also not a starting player on a good team, but someone will probably pay him too much for us to keep him on the bench. He is really great to have on the bench though, I'll be sorry to see him go.

LMAO when I got home I went through the NBA thread and really noticed how many times Badger begged for Thibs to get himself T-ed up. I wondered if someone would point it out

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
So much for the #1 seed.

lame sauce