2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 8, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
If Taj plays the Bulls can win. If Taj is out, Noah is out, it just would be a huge challenge.

No b****ing about the refs tonight? You know the Sixers shot 13 more FTs than the Bulls, right?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jake @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
This thread died.

Well, we're looking okay.

Taj giving it his all. Boozer and Deng showed up today.

Only thing killing us right now is Ronnie Brewer

Brewer really played well tonight. I bagged on him last game, but he stepped it up. I really liked having him on Drjue. He really slowed him down and was fantastic tonight (defensively) and offensively (not shooting the ball, but driving and creating penetration to where he would then pass to another player and get them an open look). Great win. This is going to be a tough game in Philly, but lets bring this series back to Chicago!!!

Hopefully Taj will be okay and Noah gets better.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Such a terrible mental mistake by Taj there, you cant foul 3 point shooters, its just horrific.

Ummm...pretty sure he thought he was going to be able to hold himself up but forgot the fact that he's playing on one leg and hence, lost his balance and fouled him. Clearly a bad foul but it was due to his injury more then anything else.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 8, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
Is there any other way to describe Watson this series other than an abject failure?

I mean this is just ridiculous.

He was better then Lucas. The offense flowed better with him there then Lucas, imo. His shot is still off but he's imprved at least.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
No b****ing about the refs tonight? You know the Sixers shot 13 more FTs than the Bulls, right?

The calls were much better though. The officiating the past couple games was horrific. Bulls still choked but there were some horrific calls that assisted Philly offensively. But no excuses, Bulls have to bring there A game on Thursday.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:32 AM)
The calls were much better though. The officiating the past couple games was horrific. Bulls still choked but there were some horrific calls that assisted Philly offensively. But no excuses, Bulls have to bring there A game on Thursday.

I thought game 4 was bad. The belief was that the Sixers were getting calls at home. And not that they were the more aggressive team with more playmakers.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:05 AM)
Is there any other way to describe Watson this series other than an abject failure?

I mean this is just ridiculous.

Yes, one could describe it as gutty and playing hurt when he should have been out for 3 weeks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2012 -> 07:58 AM)
Yes, one could describe it as gutty and playing hurt when he should have been out for 3 weeks.

Im done giving him the hurt arm reasoning/excuse. CJ has had plenty of pretty good games since he hurt his elbow, he has totally collapsed in the playoffs.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)
Im done giving him the hurt arm reasoning/excuse. CJ has had plenty of pretty good games since he hurt his elbow, he has totally collapsed in the playoffs.

He was good last night in handling the ball when the Sixers were clearly roughing up Lucas.

But the difference to me was Brewer on Holliday. He made him very selfish and ineffective. Which is why he should have played in game 4.

If he is hurt so bad play a different player. Yeah it sucks to have to go that deep in your bench, but Watson just seemingly is not there. He is missing free throws, missing shots and just playing really weak on the ball.

j4l,

The Bulls won, I dont complain about refs just to complain about refs. Last night they werent great, they made some mistakes, but at the end of the game it didnt matter (Im sure 76er fans would disagree and say that the refs swallowed the whistle.)

I thought games 3 and especially game 4 were poorly reffed and the 76ers got the majority of the 50/50 calls. If you disagree that is one thing, but if you agree that it wasnt poorly reffed, then what point are you making? I only comment on refs it is so terrible it cant go unnoticed.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 9, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
If he is hurt so bad play a different player. Yeah it sucks to have to go that deep in your bench, but Watson just seemingly is not there. He is missing free throws, missing shots and just playing really weak on the ball.

j4l,

The Bulls won, I dont complain about refs just to complain about refs. Last night they werent great, they made some mistakes, but at the end of the game it didnt matter (Im sure 76er fans would disagree and say that the refs swallowed the whistle.)

I thought games 3 and especially game 4 were poorly reffed and the 76ers got the majority of the 50/50 calls. If you disagree that is one thing, but if you agree that it wasnt poorly reffed, then what point are you making? I only comment on refs it is so terrible it cant go unnoticed.

Lucas was getting trapped with the ball and CJ wasnt so I thought that later on in the game CJ was more valuable as a ball handler. His elbow clearly isnt there for shooting however.

Well neither of them play the trap very well, which is why I would have liked to see Thibs try Mike James (bigger guard) and just try and use more of a swing type offense to try and take advantage of Philly's aggressiveness on the ball. The Bulls seem to get into offensive trouble when their PG just stands at the top and pounds the ball dribbling.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
Lucas was getting trapped with the ball and CJ wasnt so I thought that later on in the game CJ was more valuable as a ball handler. His elbow clearly isnt there for shooting however.

Unless Lucas is on one of his insane shooting streaks, he isn't a very good point guard. He is terrible defensively, and doesn't move the ball at all. If he isn't hot, he hurts the team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
Unless Lucas is on one of his insane shooting streaks, he isn't a very good point guard. He is terrible defensively, and doesn't move the ball at all. If he isn't hot, he hurts the team.

Easily trapped and doesnt ball handle well. I actually thought at one point it made more sense to put in Rip and have him and Deng both bring the ball up in a press break scenario. James wouldnt be a bad play since he's a bit bigger.

I fully support Badge's Taylor idea in theory, but I also dont want to waste a pick if they are dead set on keeping CJ on board. I like Taylor as a scorer in that backup PG position.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
Easily trapped and doesnt ball handle well. I actually thought at one point it made more sense to put in Rip and have him and Deng both bring the ball up in a press break scenario. James wouldnt be a bad play since he's a bit bigger.

I fully support Badge's Taylor idea in theory, but I also dont want to waste a pick if they are dead set on keeping CJ on board. I like Taylor as a scorer in that backup PG position.

I actually was wondering if the Bulls would just try and play without a PG. Rip is fine at the top of 3 point arc with the ball, he usually makes good decisions.

As for Taylor/CJ, yeah ideally you would want one of them to be a larger combo guard who could play the 1 and 2, which would give the Bulls more flexibility.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
I actually was wondering if the Bulls would just try and play without a PG. Rip is fine at the top of 3 point arc with the ball, he usually makes good decisions.

As for Taylor/CJ, yeah ideally you would want one of them to be a larger combo guard who could play the 1 and 2, which would give the Bulls more flexibility.

Taylor can shoot the 3 and run a good pick and roll, something that is a staple of our offense. If only we have a 5 that could drop the 3 ball from the top and they would be very dangerous on that pick and pop.

I was thinking that possibly a Rip/Deng/Brewer/Boozer/Taj lineup could have worked if they ran a press-break to bring the ball up the floor.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)

Lucas is a 5'10" 2 guard. That isn't good when you have a decent defender opposite him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)
Lucas is a 5'10" 2 guard. That isn't good when you have a decent defender opposite him.

He's got to be shorter than that too. Turner and Holliday were just destroying him defensively at times.