2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:15 PM)
Any update on Taj's ankle and/or if he is going to get suspended (which would be a travesty).

He was quoted this morning saying he is playing, he knows his body and will be ready to play. I havent heard anything about a suspension

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
He was quoted this morning saying he is playing, he knows his body and will be ready to play. I havent heard anything about a suspension

He literally said he can rest when the season is over, love that kid.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
double yuck

Why is that yuck? Good luck finding a guy that wants to play a half or 3/4 of a season and then be stuck on the bench 40-42 minutes a game. Kirk would probably welcome the move back for the mid level exception. And he's not terrible, he can run the offense and play some defense. He's certainly no worse than Watson and probably better since Watson can't shoot or keep the ball in bounds these days.

Yes Andre that is exactly how everyone outside of Houston views the missing Jordan years.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post...t-discount-wins

Iguodala: Injuries shouldn't discount wins

May, 8, 2012

By Scott Powers | ESPNChicago.com

CHICAGO -- Philadelphia 76ers forward Andre Iguodala said Tuesday if the 76ers eliminate top-seeded Chicago their accomplishment shouldn’t be diminished because of the Bulls’ injury woes.

The Bulls lost reigning MVP Derrick Rose to a season-ending knee injury in Game 1, and forward Joakim Noah went down with an ankle injury in Game 3. Noah sat out Game 4 and is a game-time decision for Game 5.

“Would you put an asterisk on Hakeem Olajuwon’s two rings?” Iguodala said referring to the Houston Rockets’ two titles during Michael Jordan’s hiatus from the NBA. “You know what I mean? We would never want (injuries) to happen, but it’s the situation. Like they say, it is what it is.

“As a team, we just got to stay focused at the task at hand and try to finish things and try to get a win.”

The 76ers lost Game 1 to the Bulls with Rose playing and have won the last three games without him on the court. The76ers hold a 3-1 lead on the Bulls in the first-round series. Game 5 is in Chicago on Tuesday night.

Only two No. 8 seeds have defeated No. 1 seeds in a seven-game series in NBA playoff history.

Iguodala said he and his teammates were also aware they could succumb to injuries just as other teams have throughout the playoffs.

“Similar to our situation, (coach Doug Collins) put the same scenario on us,” Iguodala said. “We can’t be unfocused going into a game and lackadaisical because any of our guys can go down, and that can change within a second. That can change a series.

“We got to focus on trying to play the best basketball we can and whatever happens outside of us, we’ll just prepare for it.”

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)
Why is that yuck? Good luck finding a guy that wants to play a half or 3/4 of a season and then be stuck on the bench 40-42 minutes a game. Kirk would probably welcome the move back for the mid level exception. And he's not terrible, he can run the offense and play some defense. He's certainly no worse than Watson and probably better since Watson can't shoot or keep the ball in bounds these days.

The draft is a perfect place to find such a player.

Isn't the MLE going to Rip?

Kirk is what he is. I wasn't terribly sad to see him go, I certainly won't miss watching his dribble penetration and circle underneath the backboard move that accomplishes nothing 50 times a game. And Lucas blows, I'm done with that guy. Jannero Pargo part 2.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
Isn't the MLE going to Rip?

I believe you get to spend it once per year. The Bulls and HEat spent their MLE's on FA's last year, they can spend their MLE's on new players again this year....but that will push them into luxury tax territory.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Pretty well written and ties in well with some of the mentions in Titus's book.

He could be a really interesting name to throw around next year. He would come cheap for sure, and has a lot to prove.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
He could be a really interesting name to throw around next year. He would come cheap for sure, and has a lot to prove.

article was a bit tl;dr, is he expected to be healthy(ish) next year?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)
Right, 2 years from now. Will be only in mid 20's.

Yea, but how long has he been out of the game? Sadly I don't think we will ever see what this guy can do save for one small window we had a few years back.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2012 -> 05:19 PM)
Yea, but how long has he been out of the game? Sadly I don't think we will ever see what this guy can do save for one small window we had a few years back.

It is too bad really. I remember watching him play while in HS. It was a man versus boys. Whenever he gets healthy, I'd offer him a minimum contract and roster spot for sure. Just the small chance he could be back to his potential is worth it.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 10, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
they said he was still limping. I don't expect him to play. :(

Oh yeah, there's no way he's playing, I just wish he could get out there and pump the new second team up.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
I really hope the Bulls can win tonight, would be so great to get a game 7.

If the Bullies can get it to a Game 7, it'll be in the bag, book it :headbang