2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

It would be amazing if some how Royce White could fall to the Bulls.

What sucks is Im pretty sure that the Bulls losing in the first round doesnt improve their draft, they still will be last (or 2nd to last depending on San Antonio tiebreaker) right?

Edited by Soxbadger

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
Sorry for having an opinion, I watched 50+ Bulls games this season, I would think that is watching enough basketball.

As for your NCAA comment, perhaps you should watch some, because you would learn about basketball.

Right you keep talking about the "PERFECT" conditions for the Bulls winning. Everyone has to be healthy, sorry I dont play that game. I work in an industry where you prepare for the WORST and hope for the best. So when you talk about beating the Heat and winning the NBA Championship, I am not going to just hope the stars align and every one of my players is completely healthy, that is just unrealistic.

Injuries are going to occur, over the last 2 years not once have the Bulls been really completely healthy, so we can take 2 positions. You take position 1) Well since they werent healthy for the last 2 years, they are bound to be healthy next year. I take position 2) since they have never been healthy, the chances that they are 100% healthy next year are negligible (you know having Rose and Deng both coming off of surgery) so the Bulls need to get better because they cant just hope to be healthy.

Disagree with that, agree with that, but what is funny, is you say I dont know anything about the NBA, yet you dont even point out what I said was wrong?

Maybe it was complaining about Thibs use of Taj starting in game 2, maybe it was my comment that Asik was dead tired and the Bulls may need to give him a rest in the 4th, maybe it was my comment that CJ Watson's pass to Asik was one of the dumbest basketball plays Ive seen, maybe it was the comment about why Thibs didnt call a player over and tell them that at least 3 players need to be focusing on preventing an easy break away with 7 seconds left.

I dont know, I guess I just dont take solace in the excuse of injuries. Injuries happen, but they dont excuse many of the things that have occurred with the Bulls. So if you just blindly put on injuries, the Bulls are going to be in the damn same spot the next 2 years. They need to learn from this, they need to see that they are way to reliant on Rose bailing them out, that they need to have a more pass oriented offense, not just have a PG stand at the top and pound the rock.

You want to argue about how the Bulls shouldnt be doing those things, about how because I only watched 50 games I dont know what Im talking about.

Go ahead and tell me, tell me how this Bulls team, with an aging Rip, with Deng/Rose coming off of surgery, is just going to be better next year because they are healthy.

That just seems to be hoping and wishing, and that is a waste of time, when you can actually go and make improvements. Simple things that can help the Bulls going forward.

You dont want to make those changes, fine, but dont say it has anything to do with how much NBA I watch, or any of that weak sauce.

Chisox,

I do blame the players, I just am tired of hearing that it was only because of injuries and Thibs always getting free passes because they win a lot of games.

2 years in a row the best record, lost 4-1 to the Heat year 1 and beat in 1st round the second year.

Im sorry but when Rose went down, I was arguing that the Bulls could still face Miami. I mean why not? Not for one second did I watch this series and think that the Bulls just didnt have the talent. I watched the series and wondered what the hell was going on with the use of the Bulls talent.

For example, its game 6, why is Taj not starting? He is your spark, your energy, get him out there and try and get an early lead. Pressure the 76ers early, get the game out of hand. What about game 3 when Taj was on the bench the entire first quarter and the Bulls got down 10?

If you read my posts, I always say #1 is Watson.

I just am really concerned about beating Miami. I doubt the Bulls get the #1 seed next year, so already the stars arent aligned. In a series where Miami has potentially 4 home games, the Bulls are going to have to play even better. You just cant have a coach holding them back.

There just is no explanation.

Sorry I was drunk and upset last night.

I still think the Bulls beat the heat fully healthy. I'm not going to blame Thibs for injuries. He made mistakes this series, but I expect him to learn and grow from them. He's a second year coach and he's done a damn good job so far let him learn a little bit more.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
I think Zoom has said that amnestying Boozer does basically nothing as theyd still be over cap and thus only able to sign MLE anyways.

If he didnt say that, sorry Zoom!

Essentially, yes.

For next season they're WAY over the cap. It'd make no sense to cut Boozer loose.

For 2013/2014 they could conceivably have SOME space if they let everyone but Rose, Deng and Noah go, but that would include Gibson as a restricted FA which wouldn't be smart.

2014/2015 could be interesting since Deng's contract would be up, Boozer would be in his last year if not amnestied yet, and nearly everyone else is on a short-term deal. That'd be your next real chance to have a major roster shakeup, though Gibson is a huge wildcard there and you'd have to let both Deng and Boozer go.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11, 2012 -> 01:05 PM)
Essentially, yes.

For next season they're WAY over the cap. It'd make no sense to cut Boozer loose.

For 2013/2014 they could conceivably have SOME space if they let everyone but Rose, Deng and Noah go, but that would include Gibson as a restricted FA which wouldn't be smart.

2014/2015 could be interesting since Deng's contract would be up, Boozer would be in his last year if not amnestied yet, and nearly everyone else is on a short-term deal. That'd be your next real chance to have a major roster shakeup, though Gibson is a huge wildcard there and you'd have to let both Deng and Boozer go.

I think given by that time we have the guy from Europe coming over and hopefully a lottery pick from Charlotte probably would be a good idea to get a couple of new guys around Rose unless this team starts winning championships.

The most interesting thing will be Dwight Howard. After the way the season ended down there with SVG telling the world that Dwight tried to get him fired, does Howard go back on to the trading block? Maybe Rose learned something about winning a title by himself and can swallow his pride and ask Dwight to come here?

Who else out there is a realistic possibility for the Bulls?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
The most interesting thing will be Dwight Howard. After the way the season ended down there with SVG telling the world that Dwight tried to get him fired, does Howard go back on to the trading block? Maybe Rose learned something about winning a title by himself and can swallow his pride and ask Dwight to come here?

Who else out there is a realistic possibility for the Bulls?

Honestly, after all the theatrics, do you really think Dwight to Chicago is a good idea?

The only option is for Thibs and Co to create either a motion or continuity offense and get the Bulls to learn how to run it without a PG dominating the ball. The Bulls defense is good enough, they just need to work on running better offense to get them 5-10 easy baskets a game.

If the other team over plays Korver/Hamilton, work on getting the ball to the screening big towards the hoop, or work on lob passes towards the hoop.

Also stop using Boozer so much. The guy gets passes close to the hoop and then fades away, he just doesnt ever go up strong and dunk.

The problem is they are stuck with this team for the conceivable future, so they have to design an offensive system that doesnt rely so heavily on Rose making magic.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)
Nick Friedell ‏ @ESPNChiBulls

Ronnie Brewer just said his exit interview went well and Gar and Pax told him they would do all they could to bring him back next year.

I hope not. We need offense out of that spot and hopefully GarPax realizes it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
I like Brewer, but if you cant find minutes for him against the 76ers in the playoffs, he really doesnt have much use.

He was probably the 2nd best player in the last few games behind Taj though. I have no problem bringing him back. He's an anchor for the 2nd unit. Heck, I thought he played really well starting at the 2 at the beginning of this year. He's a plus defender and gets you a few put back buckets per game.

But if Thibs isnt going to use him, there just is no point in wasting that roster space.

I wanted Brewer playing more, I thought the bulls should have tried a smaller line up, and I think when Brewer was on the court he really had a defensive impact.

The problem is what I think doesnt seem to be compatible with what Thibs thinks. With Rose injured, Deng semi-hurt, you would have thought Brewer would get decent minutes. I just dont know whats going on with the personnel. If you go back in this thread, I argued that the Bulls shouldnt trade Brewer for Ray Allen because I thought his defense would be that important.

I just dont get what the Bulls are doing with their players anymore.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
Sounds like Birdman maybe being extorted.

"A female fan in 2010 mailed Mr. Andersen multiple letters and included several photos in which she was scantily clad. Chris and this woman communicated with each other and in 2011, this woman, who represented herself as 21 years of age, flew to Colorado, showing her required identification. After leaving Colorado, she became upset at his lack of interest. In 2012, she threatened to retaliate if he did not provide financial remuneration. "

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2012 -> 05:31 AM)
Honestly, after all the theatrics, do you really think Dwight to Chicago is a good idea?

I'm thinking that if the Lakers lose to Denver in Game 7, the Dwight for Bynum + something else rumors are really going to amp up again this off-season.

The only 2 scenarios I can see Dwight sticking around (exyending his contract) at this point are;

1 - Orlando go out and hire Phil Jackson. They pay SVG 4.5M a season, so paying 10M a season for Phil isn't a huge stretch.

2 - They hire D'Antoni and convince Steve Nash to come play for a couple of seasons.